Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MBB>||||<WBB

Default Re: WBB>|<MBB Cluster ____

McNeese outsmarted us so bad sticking a little arena in their APC. Here we are charging $14 bucks a beer with 1,000 people in an 11,000 seat arena.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Am I 107 years old or is this music somehow louder than even Cajun Field?
    Uh, yeah. It’s ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I know this question has been answered before, but does Sodexo run the Dome and CF? Just the dome?

How can you charge 6 bucks across the street and double it plus your emergency gas money on the other side?

Sodexo does not have concessions in the dome. The dome manages their own concessions and it is highway robbery. $14 for a beer is ludicrous

Quote Originally Posted by LOVAQUE View Post
    Sodexo does not have concessions in the dome. The dome manages their own concessions and it is highway robbery. $14 for a beer is ludicrous
    It is not the final 4.

I agree that this policy needs to be adjusted. There was quite a line outside before men's tickets were starting to be scanned as the women's game did not finish until after 7 PM. I went early to watch the women and was told my ticket for men could not be scanned until 6:30. That time comes and I go down to have my ticket scanned and am now told I have to wait until women end before men's ticket can be scanned. Once that happens I am then told that my ticket cannot be scanned until the arena is empty. At that point I went to the Rebounders pre game social in the Table Room. Someone did scan our tickets when we left the social. There is a very simple solution here. Start scanning men's tickets at halftime of the women's game. The next time this occurs is in February. If it is cold and rainy outdoors, people will not want to wait outside waiting for the arena to be emptied before they walk in. Perhaps my suggestion will not work but a better system needs to be in place than what was used tonight. Beyond that, nice job Gary and the ladies.

Now that is funny!

Default Re: Cluster ____

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    You done f’d up now A-aron

One of my all-time favorite skits! Not sure if it is a "skit" but my brain isn't hleping out this morning!

Default Re: MBB>||||||<WBB

Good thing there was a skeleton crowd last night. Could have really been a ____ter if we were playing someone decent on a Saturday night.Oh wait, that doesn't happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree that this policy needs to be adjusted. There was quite a line outside before men's tickets were starting to be scanned as the women's game did not finish until after 7 PM. I went early to watch the women and was told my ticket for men could not be scanned until 6:30. That time comes and I go down to have my ticket scanned and am now told I have to wait until women end before men's ticket can be scanned. Once that happens I am then told that my ticket cannot be scanned until the arena is empty. At that point I went to the Rebounders pre game social in the Table Room. Someone did scan our tickets when we left the social. There is a very simple solution here. Start scanning men's tickets at halftime of the women's game. The next time this occurs is in February. If it is cold and rainy outdoors, people will not want to wait outside waiting for the arena to be emptied before they walk in. Perhaps my suggestion will not work but a better system needs to be in place than what was used tonight. Beyond that, nice job Gary and the ladies.
    I believe this year is free admission to the women's games. We also got there, before 7. We also just went into the Table Room (didn't know the name - thanks) and had a beer until they would let us in. The beer was "only" $10 there so I saved some dough!

Back to the free admisision thing. Why couldn't we just go into the women's game if it wasn't over? I know they had to empty the arena BUT isn't this one of the free promotions we could have. I did see a few empty seats that the freebirds could have sat in.

There are three more of these doubleheaders, all in February. Scan in the men's ticket holders whenever they arrive and don't empty the arena after the women's game. This is a chance to promote an event.

10. Default Re: WBB>|<MBB Cluster ____

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I believe this year is free admission to the women's games. We also got there, before 7. We also just went into the Table Room (didn't know the name - thanks) and had a beer until they would let us in. The beer was "only" $10 there so I saved some dough!

Back to the free admisision thing. Why couldn't we just go into the women's game if it wasn't over? I know they had to empty the arena BUT isn't this one of the free promotions we could have. I did see a few empty seats that the freebirds could have sat in.

There are three more of these doubleheaders, all in February. Scan in the men's ticket holders whenever they arrive and don't empty the arena after the women's game. This is a chance to promote an event.
    Thisis beyond stupid. Just don’t worry about the fact we’d get some freeloaders. We need more people in the Dome period.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Thisis beyond stupid. Just don’t worry about the fact we’d get some freeloaders. We need more people in the Dome period.
    I mean, think about it. How many people were there in the place for the women's game? Is it worth it to worry about them?

Bottom line is, you are right. We need more people in the Dome period. Here is the chance to do it! If someone is sitting in my seats, I tell them and they move on to some other seats, no big deal.

Guys, I think the worry is not people going into the womens game for free.

The worry is people show up in the 4th quarter for womens game, without buying a ticket, the dome is not cleared, and they are now in the mens game for free.

If they don’t clear the dome, all basketball games could be “free” - not just womens.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to just set it up to where if you are getting in to the women’s game free you need to be there at least midway through 2Q. Everyone after is asked to scan in for men’s game. With halftime and 2 full quarters of basketball plus a 30 minute break between games, I don’t see us losing our shirts with people willing to show up 2 hours early just to get free Cajuns basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Guys, I think the worry is not people going into the womens game for free.

The worry is people show up in the 4th quarter for womens game, without buying a ticket, the dome is not cleared, and they are now in the mens game for free.

If they don’t clear the dome, all basketball games could be “free” - not just womens.
    Not directing this at you but really “who cares?” There weren’t more than 1k last night. So what if they had a few hundred more stay for free? They probably would have made up for ticket revenue losses in selling $14 beers.

You have to try to be this stupid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information