Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When did the TAF start?

Default When did the TAF start?

Serious question.

After a couple of decades of mediocrity after McClendon left, they are poised to contend for another NC with a 4th different HC in the couple of decades since Saban arrived.

They are pure evil, but you have to respect that. How much of that is because of the TAF and its independence, and how much of our cyclical failure is because of our admin and it's absolute refusal to give the RCAF its independence.

I submit to you that is all that really matters.

Default Re: When did the TAF start?

My guess is early to mid ‘90s.

I believe late 1980s

I'm sure the medical school, the law school, an enrollment twice ours, and a political system that goes back to Huey Long andis designed to perpetuate LSU's status beyond a "flagship" and suppress every other institution in the state not called LSU have anything to do with the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

I'm sure the medical school, the law school, an enrollment twice ours, and a political system that goes back to Huey Long andis designed to perpetuate LSU's status beyond a "flagship" and suppress every other institution in the state not called LSU have anything to do with the situation.
    All of that was in place for a long time between 1958 and 1990 with little to show for it on the football field. The TAF and its independence are the reasons why their program continues excellence.

You are 100 percent correct, LSU has been holding us back for 40 plus years

If it weren't for lsu we' be in the big 12 and have 5 championships in football, atleast 2 in basketball and 8 or 9 in baseball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Serious question.

After a couple of decades of mediocrity after McClendon left, they are poised to contend for another NC with a 4th different HC in the couple of decades since Saban arrived.

They are pure evil, but you have to respect that. How much of that is because of the TAF and its independence, and how much of our cyclical failure is because of our admin and it's absolute refusal to give the RCAF its independence.

I submit to you that is all that really matters.
    I believe it was in 1987 and they eventually sued to get separation from LSU later.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I believe it was in 1987 and they eventually sued to get separation from LSU later.
    Get Gordon. Get it done.

9. Default Re: When did the TAF start?

1920'$

Taxes Athletic Foundation

it has nothing to do with the connection to the school, it has everything to do with Long rigging the school game in Louisiana, there is no reason that LSU should have medical, law, vet and engineering, which are the big money donor types from schools.

11. Default Re: When did the TAF start?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    You are 100 percent correct, LSU has been holding us back for 40 plus years

If it weren't for lsu we' be in the big 12 and have 5 championships in football, atleast 2 in basketball and 8 or 9 in baseball
    Longer than that.

The State had a Coca-Cola tax for LSU Athletics and at the same time when UL turned an athletic profit they had to send the monies to the State Treasury.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

and dont forget they can dump other campuses out of their system, whenever they want, and dump them in to ours, after draining their resources and just sending us their bills. and ironically they remain loyal to their original flagship and undermine us from within

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    do they have membership meetings? Do their members get to vote on certain issues, the way shareholders do at many major corporations?

just remember LSUNO changed their name without a whimper from the LSU system and when USL did the same thing using the same process all hell broke loose including a new state law which was ruled over by a LSU law grad, just that should tell you all you need to know about the state system ruled over in Baton Rouge, just remember we are a threat to their flagship status

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    All of that was in place for a long time between 1958 and 1990 with little to show for it on the football field. The TAF and its independence are the reasons why their program continues excellence.
    Along with millions from TV money and bowl money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information