Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: recruit flip from UL to LSU

Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That's a question I simply can't answer because I don't get access to grade information and I'm not familiar with the athletes offered. All of them played out of state. JC is a 50/50 proposition in most cases.

As for taking a P5 player, as I stated they are either a reclamation project like Obonba, or they have baggage. The ones leaving a P5 program that are good or solid athletes will take the NIL money.
    There is another way to improve the OL. That is simply to develop the guys you have to a higher level. That is one of the main functions of any coach. We have seen some in season development of that group. That does encourage me somewhat for the future of that unit.

I agree with your assessment, but unfortunately Woolridge is similar to Nunez in ability. He lacks starting experience and hopefully he improves next spring. I love the kid's attitude and his willingness to do anything for this team, but those attributes don't exceed his lack of physical talent. The talent around him will need to improve for this program to win next season, specifically at OL and RB. Some of those questions will be answered internally and some will have to come from recruiting.

Coach Desormeaux finds himself in the same place as Billy Napier his first season. Stetson Bennett was his first choice and after losing him the night before signing day, he decided to work with Levi. If Chriss is the future, he needs to start playing him now in a reserve role.

Some fans have this misconception that Desormeaux can fix the OL through the portal. In talking with several recruiters, one in the SEC and the other in the AAC that's not going to happen with the NIL. The best OL and DL will be picked off the top by NIL deals. The only shot is to find an FCS OL that may help you, or a possible reclamation project like Ohonba and hope you hit on something. That's not how the OL was built under Billy Napier and it won't be under Mike Desormeaux.
    I am not down on the RB as much as some others. I like what Williams and Washington look like and Perry definitely had flashes in his minimum opportunities. Add in Elijah Davis and a healthy Kibodi and there is depth and ability there. For me personally, there is a lot to like there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I am not down on the RB as much as some others. I like what Williams and Washington look like and Perry definitely had flashes in his minimum opportunities. Add in Elijah Davis and a healthy Kibodi and there is depth and ability there. For me personally, there is a lot to like there.
    Kobodi has no more eligibility left after this season. I'm not down on the RB position, but next season outside of Perry we simply don't have backs on the roster that are capable of taking the ball to the endzone from anywhere on the field. Washington is said to have that type of ability, but I haven't seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    https://twitter.com/tavionsmith12/st.0_9mRCf55euYKQ

Just landed a 6’-4” WR commit.
    We need OL and DL before WR.

Kobodi has no more eligibility left after this season. I'm not down on the RB position, but next season outside of Perry we simply don't have backs on the roster that are capable of taking the ball to the endzone from anywhere on the field. Washington is said to have that type of ability, but I haven't seen it yet.
    Are you sure on Kibodi? He is listed as a RS Junior and wasn't a participant on Sr Day. Chris Smith is also listed as a RS Junior, but did participate on Sr Day.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Gonna have to throw him back, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I’ll get right on that, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    FWIW. Livvi Dunn worth 2.3 mil in NIL this year. Stanford’s WBB coach be mad about it.
    Very little, if any, of Olivia Dunn's NIL money was generated by anyone other than Olivia Dunn. Those millions of Tic Tok and Twitter followers were not gifted to her by lsu&a&mc@br. In fact, she is the poster child for the good side of NIL. Pre NIL, she would not have been able to compete in NCAA sports because her [self-generated] income related to her sport activity would have her classified as a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    There is another way to improve the OL. That is simply to develop the guys you have to a higher level. That is one of the main functions of any coach. We have seen some in season development of that group. That does encourage me somewhat for the future of that unit.
    I think I mentioned that some answers will come internally Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Very little, if any, of Olivia Dunn's NIL money was generated by anyone other than Olivia Dunn. Those millions of Tic Tok and Twitter followers were not gifted to her by lsu&a&mc@br. In fact, she is the poster child for the good side of NIL. Pre NIL, she would not have been able to compete in NCAA sports because her [self-generated] income related to her sport activity would have her classified as a professional.
    Well, I would say she knows how to promote herself and her fitness.

If you look at the current roster it appears to have a plethora of freshman and sophomore talent on the OL. If they can develop them maybe add a few transfers should be fine.

They are targeting JC for the tackle position. They depth on the interior will be there with a healthy group of Gillie, Harrington, Burton, Jackson, Obonba and Moreau.
    Really like the potential of Bryant Williams and Moreau! What the story on Maillho? I read he was injured, out for the season, but is he potential starter or did we miss on him?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Really like the potential of Bryant Williams and Moreau! What the story on Maillho? I read he was injured, out for the season, but is he potential starter or did we miss on him?
    He simply is a bulldozer on the interior and exterior. His feet aren't good enough to play outside and you can't trap with him inside. He's strictly a zone scheme lineman at best.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information