Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: recruit flip from UL to LSU

Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Josh would ask the questions.
    Unfortunately when you tell the truth like josh and the RR team did Saturday you’ll never get them on. You have to be one that defends the castle like jay and the rest of the obedient media to get anyone on from the university.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    I think you are right on with your thoughts. We will be more organized next year and do have a lot of young talent. Just losing some exceptional seniors that will be difficult to replace.
    No joke. When we were watching the Senior day festivities I turned to my buddy as said, "Bruh, we are losing a bunch" . Next year may be worse, folks. Brace yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    It would be hard for me to imagine any Cajun fan that isn't, at a minimum, frustrated by this year. It is a total 180 from last season, where close games were won and all breaks seemed to go the Cajuns way.

The root cause is inexperience in players and coaches, but I believe the talent is there for both. The defense has played well 85-90% of the time. The issue has either been on the field too much or a bad decision on how to protect a late lead, scheme wise. I am not a person that blames the refs, or believes that games should be left for the referees to decide. However, Zi'Yon was absolutely tackled 2-3 times in the last Troy drive. All of it on the edge and in plain view for the paltry 8,000 fans, players, coaches and everyone not a referee to see.

Offense is more of an experience issue, with some talent gaps. The OL has underperformed, but I have seen massive improvement in the last couple of weeks in the running game, which is encouraging. I am on team Ben at the QB position. He has shown a willingness to keep the ball on RPO's that I don't see with Chandler. Their passing seemed very much the same to me, so that is why I lean towards Ben. In the limited time that Zeon has played, his passing is WAY behind. Every ball he threw was a floater and begging to get intercepted. His talent is undeniable and I like the way he carries himself.

The big unknowns are how NIL and the transfer portal play out this offseason. I expect us to lose players, but maybe I am naive, I don't think it will be as many impact players as last season, where we lost 22% of an expected starting lineup . one of those being an All American and certain high NFL draftee.
    I agree with your assessment, but unfortunately Woolridge is similar to Nunez in ability. He lacks starting experience and hopefully he improves next spring. I love the kid's attitude and his willingness to do anything for this team, but those attributes don't exceed his lack of physical talent. The talent around him will need to improve for this program to win next season, specifically at OL and RB. Some of those questions will be answered internally and some will have to come from recruiting.

Coach Desormeaux finds himself in the same place as Billy Napier his first season. Stetson Bennett was his first choice and after losing him the night before signing day, he decided to work with Levi. If Chriss is the future, he needs to start playing him now in a reserve role.

Some fans have this misconception that Desormeaux can fix the OL through the portal. In talking with several recruiters, one in the SEC and the other in the AAC that's not going to happen with the NIL. The best OL and DL will be picked off the top by NIL deals. The only shot is to find an FCS OL that may help you, or a possible reclamation project like Ohonba and hope you hit on something. That's not how the OL was built under Billy Napier and it won't be under Mike Desormeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    .Some fans have this misconception that Desormeaux can fix the OL through the portal. In talking with several recruiters, one in the SEC and the other in the AAC that's not going to happen with the NIL. The best OL and DL will be picked off the top by NIL deals. The only shot is to find an FCS OL that may help you, or a possible reclamation project like Ohonba and hope you hit on something. That's not how the OL was built under Billy Napier and it won't be under Mike Desormeaux.

This is me grabbing the oh ____ handle.

I agree with your assessment, but unfortunately Woolridge is similar to Nunez in ability. He lacks starting experience and hopefully he improves next spring. I love the kid's attitude and his willingness to do anything for this team, but those attributes don't exceed his lack of physical talent. The talent around him will need to improve for this program to win next season, specifically at OL and RB. Some of those questions will be answered internally and some will have to come from recruiting.

Coach Desormeaux finds himself in the same place as Billy Napier his first season. Stetson Bennett was his first choice and after losing him the night before signing day, he decided to work with Levi. If Chriss is the future, he needs to start playing him now in a reserve role.

Some fans have this misconception that Desormeaux can fix the OL through the portal. In talking with several recruiters, one in the SEC and the other in the AAC that's not going to happen with the NIL. The best OL and DL will be picked off the top by NIL deals. The only shot is to find an FCS OL that may help you, or a possible reclamation project like Ohonba and hope you hit on something. That's not how the OL was built under Billy Napier and it won't be under Mike Desormeaux.
    Nunez and Woolridge are warriors that leave EVERYTHING on the field. I have no problem playing Ben until he graduates, but if he is injured, it's time to let Zeon learn.

6. Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

. Some fans have this misconception that Desormeaux can fix the OL through the portal.
    Louisiana doesn't need P5 talent to succeed along the O-Line.

Louisiana needs depth more than anything and for every O-Lineman the P5 scoop up they are pushing another (that they were interested in) out the door.

Louisiana can address depth through the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana doesn't need P5 talent to succeed along the O-Line.

Louisiana needs depth more than anything and for every O-Lineman the P5 scoop up they are pushing another (that they were interested in) out the door.

Louisiana can address depth through the portal.
    They are targeting JC for the tackle position. They depth on the interior will be there with a healthy group of Gillie, Harrington, Burton, Jackson, Obonba and Moreau.

8. Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

They are targeting JC for the tackle position. They depth on the interior will be there with a healthy group of Gillie, Harrington, Burton, Jackson, Obonba and Mereau.
    Definitly more than one way to address an issue.

Q: Are the targeted JC players JC due to HC grades or needing development? Is that better than an ejected P5 player?

Q: Are the targeted JC players JC due to HC grades or needing development? Is that better than an ejected P5 player?
    Now you sound like your boi, Rouga, white & blue.

That's a question I simply can't answer because I don't get access to grade information and I'm not familiar with the athletes offered. All of them played out of state. JC is a 50/50 proposition in most cases.

As for taking a P5 player, as I stated they are either a reclamation project like Obonba, or they have baggage. The ones leaving a P5 program that are good or solid athletes will take the NIL money.

11. Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Now you sound like your boi, Rouga, white & blue.
    I have been leary of Desormeaux excluding the portal right out the gate, and evidently continuing to do so.

I have been leary of Desormeaux excluding the portal right out the gate, and evidently continuing to do so.
    The Portal is for kids looking to move upward. FCS stud wanting FBS, G5 stud wanting P5 status. It almost never works out the other way around n

13. Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The Portal is for kids looking to move upward. FCS stud wanting FBS, G5 stud wanting P5 status. It almost never works out the other way around n
    When you look at the massive numbers entering there are obviously not enough slots for everyone to move up. So they have to go somewhere.

But I get your point

FWIW. Livvi Dunn worth 2.3 mil in NIL this year. Stanford’s WBB coach be mad about it.

15. Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

There’s very little they can do about the NIL, but they absolutely can, and should tighten up the transfer portal. It’s a net negative for most teams even the P5 teams. Unfortunately nothing will happen.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information