Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: recruit flip from UL to LSU

Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

state of LSU A&M, I have a relative that is LSU law and long time supporter of that school, when my children got to college age he was adamant that we not send them to LSU A&M BR as they would get a horrible education now and that the city was a total ____ hole at this point with no good qualities left.

Winning matters more than NIL money, or coaching legacy.

3. Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

Need to ban Gordon from Lafayette!!! He should go live in Baton Rouge Get it done

He does live in BR. And expect more NIL activity from him with all UL sports in the future. That's more than can be said of 99% of the other attorney's in Lafayette.

5. Default Re: Lost another one

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Not trying to sugarcoat anything but reading the article it has been a lifelong dream for the kid. It’s a bit of a different situation but no doubt it’s an area of concern I’ve been vocal about.
    Flipping a kid from just about any G5 team to LSUA&M isn’t a very hard feat. Come on man that’s just a fact of college sports.

We can blame the world but we made the hire and our hire decided we didn't need help through the portal and we could get by without an OC or experiance DC lets blame ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    We can blame the world but we made the hire and our hire decided we didn't need help through the portal and we could get by without an OC or experiance DC lets blame ourselves.
    Are you saying we got a bargain hire?

8. Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

I generally agree with your perspective, but counting Burton who seems unwilling to play fully we had 3 offensive lineman we expected to start who don’t play due to injuries sustained after recruiting. We signed all the players we could without releasing players we wanted on scholarship.

I’m doubting that most other coaches would do that differently. Now a new coach completely unfamiliar with the players on the team might indeed have released some to score more recruits and T Portal upper classmen.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Are you saying we got a bargain hire?
    I'm saying I'm tired, frustrated, disappointed and disgusted. We went from 1st in the state and conference to worse in both. At the level we have been at I don't want excuses I want results. but to answer your question yes LOL Who in there right mind wrecks a corvette and replaces it with a pinto and tells you it's still a car. The money we saved on the hire is being used to fill in the gap for no butts is the seats. Sorry man frustration is real

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I generally agree with your perspective, but counting Burton who seems unwilling to play fully we had 3 offensive lineman we expected to start who don’t play due to injuries sustained after recruiting. We signed all the players we could without releasing players we wanted on scholarship.

I’m doubting that most other coaches would do that differently. Now a new coach completely unfamiliar with the players on the team might indeed have released some to score more recruits and T Portal upper classmen.
    I'm just frustrated from blowing the lead to most of my cajun graduate friends went the LSU game. This is the first time I haven't calmed down after my own 48 hour rule. I don't have the answers the media won't ask the questions I don't know anymore.

I'm just frustrated from blowing the lead to most of my cajun graduate friends went the LSU game. This is the first time I haven't calmed down after my own 48 hour rule. I don't have the answers the media won't ask the questions I don't know anymore.
    Josh would ask the questions.

12. Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

I’m not saying he’s a good or bad hire, just that some things are hindsight.

I’m more concerned with the complete collapse of the fan base. It can’t be all petroleum engineers leaving Lafayette metro.

I'm saying I'm tired, frustrated, disappointed and disgusted. We went from 1st in the state and conference to worse in both. At the level we have been at I don't want excuses I want results. but to answer your question yes LOL Who in there right mind wrecks a corvette and replaces it with a pinto and tells you it's still a car. The money we saved on the hire is being used to fill in the gap for no butts is the seats. Sorry man frustration is real
    I'm feeling your frustration

It would be hard for me to imagine any Cajun fan that isn't, at a minimum, frustrated by this year. It is a total 180 from last season, where close games were won and all breaks seemed to go the Cajuns way.

The root cause is inexperience in players and coaches, but I believe the talent is there for both. The defense has played well 85-90% of the time. The issue has either been on the field too much or a bad decision on how to protect a late lead, scheme wise. I am not a person that blames the refs, or believes that games should be left for the referees to decide. However, Zi'Yon was absolutely tackled 2-3 times in the last Troy drive. All of it on the edge and in plain view for the paltry 8,000 fans, players, coaches and everyone not a referee to see.

Offense is more of an experience issue, with some talent gaps. The OL has underperformed, but I have seen massive improvement in the last couple of weeks in the running game, which is encouraging. I am on team Ben at the QB position. He has shown a willingness to keep the ball on RPO's that I don't see with Chandler. Their passing seemed very much the same to me, so that is why I lean towards Ben. In the limited time that Zeon has played, his passing is WAY behind. Every ball he threw was a floater and begging to get intercepted. His talent is undeniable and I like the way he carries himself.

The big unknowns are how NIL and the transfer portal play out this offseason. I expect us to lose players, but maybe I am naive, I don't think it will be as many impact players as last season, where we lost 22% of an expected starting lineup . one of those being an All American and certain high NFL draftee.

I think you are right on with your thoughts. We will be more organized next year and do have a lot of young talent. Just losing some exceptional seniors that will be difficult to replace.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information