Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: recruit flip from UL to LSU

Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Do we really think there was a chance that this recruit would come to UL if LSU really wanted him? While I don't like the system I understand it and can live with it. We won't ever compete with the big programs on recruits consistently, the system isn't designed for that to happen.
    We do in softball.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We do in softball.
    Bruh, it's softball. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Bruh, it's softball. Who cares?
    All the folks that sold out the grandstand last year with season tickets.

All the folks that sold out the grandstand last year with season tickets.
    I mean in a general sense, on a national scale. It's girls playing baseball. In reality, it doesn't move a needle or raise an eyebrow. Nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This happens every year, this is nothing new. We are going to lose commitments to programs that have more NIL money, or that have a higher profile. Is important to win, and go to bowl games? You bet!
    Actually,no.

NIL has only been around, what, 2 years?

Combine that with the ability to transfer out and play the next year? You have the perfect storm for P5s raiding g5 rosters.

Both of these are new circumstances in college athletics.

I realize this young man was still only a recruit and could change his mind at any time.

My point is that this is gonna make recruiting easier and cheaper for P5s and more difficult and expensive for G5s.

I don't think anyone thinks that winning isn't a necessary component.
    \
    But I don't agree with the idea that the playing field, which was already uneven, is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Actually,no.

Combine that with the ability to transfer out and play the next year? You have the perfect storm for P5s raiding g5 rosters.

I realize this young man was still only a recruit and could change his mind at any time.

My point is that this is gonna make recruiting easier and cheaper for P5s and more difficult and expensive for G5s.

\
    But I don't agree with the idea that the playing field, which was already uneven, is still the same.
    Yes the field of play has changed with NIL and all that, but the game hasn't. There has always been a level of talent available to G5s no matter what.

What we have to do is be better than all of the other G5s in our region to remain a SBC contender each year.

The number of schollys hasn't changed. The P5s can't play them all. As long as we take care of our business, we will be OK.

7. Default Re: recruit flip from UL to LSU

I don't see the big worry.

If P5 schools raid G5 schools at a massive scale or a small scale, the players the P5s WERE signing will be available for the G5.

Reality is we need L-A&M to be in top 5-10 in the nation. We need them to shift their focus on national recruiting. That leaves more of these "3 Star" atheletes for us and other in state schools. With that said, we cant be the seen as the lesser of the in state schools in the recruits eyes. I'm afraid that is where we are headed right now.

Actually,no.

\
    NIL has been around for 20 years. It just was renamed 2 years ago

We do in softball.
    You do in softball sometimes. When it comes to Louisiana, they still are getting most of the top recruits.

Actually,no.

\
    You are talking specifically NIL, I'm talking in general. Late in the recruiting process as higher profile programs lose commitments, they come back and offer athletes that they had in camp but weren't in their top 35 on the board.

In Carpenter's case, LSU has less than 75 athletes on scholarships so they are going to sign over 30 in the current class. The NIL only exacerbates the process even further.

here is the difference we have student atheletes who want a good education and think about the long road, teams like LSU A&M BR have have atheletes who are students who think the short road, what can I get paid today, we graduate well prepared gentlemen who are ready for the real world and LSU A&M may graduate kids who hope to bs their way into a job off of their football career

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    here is the difference we have student atheletes who want a good education and think about the long road, teams like LSU A&M BR have have atheletes who are students who think the short road, what can I get paid today, we graduate well prepared gentlemen who are ready for the real world and LSU A&M may graduate kids who hope to bs their way into a job off of their football career
    Unfortunately, there are plenty of parents that would disagree with you. They, in many cases are driving these decisions. We lost a number to the portal last year after the bowl and my gut tells me we will lose a few more this year.

Just because athletes go to LSU doesn't mean that they will be terrible workers in the work force.

Default Re: Lost another one

just another kid getting paid to play, someone threw money at him, no big surprise
    and there was likely a bad ref's call in there, too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information