Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WBB Final: Louisiana 55, Houston 48

Default Re: WBB: Season Opener, Houston visits Louisiana

So is Houston supposed be____in good or not

2. Default Re: WBB: Season Opener, Houston visits Louisiana

Way to go girls. Win over a peer institution is always a good thing.

Nice opening night W for the ladies. Men to follow. Hopefully Cajun sports go undefeated this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Not an expert on WBball. But they were solid last year and if they’re anything like Houston’s mens team… haha. Saw somewhere Houston men picked for final four.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Not an expert on WBball. But they were solid last year and if they’re anything like Houston’s mens team… haha. Saw somewhere Houston men picked for final four.
    They went to the 3rd round of the WNIT last year. Picked to finish second in the AAC this year. We’ll see how the season plays out but that’s as nice a win as women’s bball has had in several seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    The whole let’s empty the stadium and then open it up again is the biggest cluster___ I’ve ever seen. Impressive for UL basketball ops and cajundome
    Sounds like final seconds of ladies game would be perfect time to go drop a deuce! Lol

Is Houston supposed to be good? I know the handled us last year.
    UH is bad this year, at least that’s how they played tonight. If I remember correctly UH had two single digit quarters. Look a lot like UL a few years back…not physically able to match up, shot clock issues, air balls. Cajuns were more physical the first three quarters, UH played pressure defense a good bit of fourth quarter to make it interesting. Cajuns avoided the single digit quarter tonight, which was nice to see.

UL looks physically able to finally match up with Troy in the SBC.

AFA the clearing the arena between games, I understand why they had to but what a cluster mess. Had a long line until they opened one set of doors, then a mob at the set of doors.Good job USL.

I won’t get into the PA level or music lyrics other than to say the women’s game music seemed to be for the most part family friendly. My ears are still ringing.

Not that it vindicates whatever Gameday management that took place today, but we won. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Not that it vindicates whatever Gameday management that took place today, but we won. Yay.
    Walking out the dome, saw the video feed…still had the UH graphic in the score line instead of Centenary.

UL Basketball Re: WBB: Season Opener, Houston visits Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    UH is bad this year, at least that’s how they played tonight. If I remember correctly UH had two single digit quarters. Look a lot like UL a few years back…not physically able to match up, shot clock issues, air balls. Cajuns were more physical the first three quarters, UH played pressure defense a good bit of fourth quarter to make it interesting. Cajuns avoided the single digit quarter tonight, which was nice to see.

UL looks physically able to finally match up with Troy in the SBC.

AFA the clearing the arena between games, I understand why they had to but what a cluster mess. Had a long line until they opened one set of doors, then a mob at the set of doors.Good job USL.

I won’t get into the PA level or music lyrics other than to say the women’s game music seemed to be for the most part family friendly. My ears are still ringing.
    U of H has 8 returning players and has top 25 votes pre season. The Cajuns defense was outstanding. Sometime when a team plays bad, it’s cause the other team made them play that way.

Huge win for the Women.

PS and we lost our best player scoring leader 1 week before the season.

The coaches had the players well prepared and it showed.

#JustWinBaby #GeauxCajuns

Default Re: WBB Final: Louisiana 55, Houston 48

Good win by the Cajuns. Houston received 4 votes in the Coaches Poll that had them ranked at 42.

For the comments about the game play, most people go into the game expecting it to be played like a men's game. I can understand that if you don't watch many women's games. To be honest, I coach both boys and girls basketball. I much rather watch a men's game, but understand the different styles. If you sit back and watch when the women run a play & execute, it's a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Good win by the Cajuns. Houston received 4 votes in the Coaches Poll that had them ranked at 42.

For the comments about the game play, most people go into the game expecting it to be played like a men's game. I can understand that if you don't watch many women's games. To be honest, I coach both boys and girls basketball. I much rather watch a men's game, but understand the different styles. If you sit back and watch when the women run a play & execute, it's a thing of beauty.
    How are yall matching up for the first round of the playoffs?

They were roughly .500 last year and finished middle of the pack in conference. I think they are OK and like someone said, they whooped us last year so year, I think this was at a minimum a solid win and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    How are yall matching up for the first round of the playoffs?
    We play Vialia at home. The little film I've watch shows they have a QB that can run. They struggle on D up the middle and that's the strength of our running game. I'm expecting a win which would put us at St James in round two. Helps me a little since we'll be road tripping to Tallahassee immediately after that game.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post

It is a different game. I'm not a big basketball guy, but I watch when I can. Both men's and women's. Watching the women's game can be slow and it was certainly a bit frustrating last night at times. But, they hit some big shots down the stretch and played good defense.

I looked at the plethora of other games last night and we were one of the few matchups that involved peer conference. We hosted an AAC opponent who was picked second in their league and beat them pretty good. That moves the needle a lot more than playing teams with no logo on ESPN. I know we play a couple down the road, but we'll worry about that later. Enjoy that win.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information