Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Tickets Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

**WARNING**
    Our fans were upset last night and absolutely let it rip. There is more rough language in this episode than usual. We're letting y'all know ahead of time.

That being said, it was an incredibly productive conversation. Students, out of town fans, local diehards, etc. called into to give their perspectives. Many administrators, players and some coaches were also in the space last night.

Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Love the passion. We need that. Sometimes it feels like you’re the only one angry about these things considering the apathy that the community has shown for the Cajuns and the inaction of the administration. Good to know others share the feeling.

Also angry about the football game, but that’ll happen when you blow a 3 score lead. Exciting play for 2 and a half quarters against the best in the Belt, at least.

I hope the "administrators" got an earful... I hope they're consumed with regret for letting all the things they're in control of fail. You can't make this up... SBC CHAMPS, 15+ game winning streak, tolerable weather for each home game... and you could see this coming a mile away... 7800... And I'm not buying there was no staff in the off-season to build on last year, that's an EXCUSE... AN EXCUSE... It doesn't take an army of folks with hyphenated titles to FINISH the job... sure by now T Joe has his finger prints all over this fail... again, there are no Excuses... you find a way to get the job done... the market digital cpm is $10.... I know mom and pop retail stores who have had mad success with digital marketing for $500 a month... UL can't afford $500 a month on the heels of last year's success?

I hurt for the players and coaches... I saw nothing but 100% effort from the players.....

Josh, Terry and James brought the heat!

My apologies on this one for not keeping things Turbine friendly. Last night was a rough one, and my “braindead” side definitely came out. I hope people can consider the emotions, look past some of the language, and really listen to the content of what was discussed here. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    My apologies on this one for not keeping things Turbine friendly. Last night was a rough one, and my “braindead” side definitely came out. I hope people can consider the emotions, look past some of the language, and really listen to the content of what was discussed here. Good stuff.
    You left the voicemail? If so great stuff.

7. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Best yet. Reminds me of the days with Hap Glaudi and later Paper Bag Buddy. The Saints fans were absolutely sick of being awful.

Fans need to wear Paper Bags. Not for being ashamed of the team, but so nobody will know loyal Cajun fans actually hang out and do business with the 5th column UL alumni. You absolutely should lose your tailgate spot if more than two people are there during games, and regardless of how many if you’re watching the Empire to the East.

8. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

With regards to the Greeks. They should be the Tip Of The Spear. Contests for biggest percentage going into and staying through all the game. Contests for best game week frat, dorm, and sorority houses. Best GDI game day apparel. Let’s see if any group of 5-8 Greeks, or GDI come up with the best game day look. Make it cheap prizes like poor boys at Old Tyme Grocery.

We absolutely need the administration to be proactive in rebuilding the Greek system. It’s good for the university decade after decade once they’re graduated. I understand the need to regulate hazing, but don’t kill it. Protocols can be reached between the university and Greeks. I say all this as a proud GDI.

9. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Finally I’d do everything I could to bring Hudspeth back as the head man in charge for rebuilding the Cajuns ties to the Acadiana area. If not Hudspeth Troy Wingerter if he’s willing.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    The feedback we've gotten has been mostly this: "Thank you for saying what needs to be said."

There are a lot of easily offended people around this program and yes, RR rubs them the wrong way. We say, it is what it is. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. What we witnessed last night was flat out unacceptable and if you can't get irate about that embarrassment, you don't have a vermillion & white pulse.

11. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Pregame
    Game
    Post game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    The feedback we've gotten has been mostly this: "Thank you for saying what needs to be said."

There are a lot of easily offended people around this program and yes, RR rubs them the wrong way. We say, it is what it is. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. What we witnessed last night was flat out unacceptable and if you can't get irate about that embarrassment, you don't have a vermillion & white pulse.
    No doubt our true supporters have an incredible amount of passion. However I do wonder if there are no longer enough people in the area who care about the Cajuns to come back regardless of how well we do on the field or marketing off the field. I ask that ? In all seriousness and by no means am suggesting we give up or not try some of the ideas suggested on the pod. We have to try and go in for long haul to turn this around. Product on the field does have to improve from yesterday before any of the marketing suggestions have a chance to work.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    With regards to the Greeks. They should be the Tip Of The Spear. Contests for biggest percentage going into and staying through all the game. Contests for best game week frat, dorm, and sorority houses. Best GDI game day apparel. Let’s see if any group of 5-8 Greeks, or GDI come up with the best game day look. Make it cheap prizes like poor boys at Old Tyme Grocery.

We absolutely need the administration to be proactive in rebuilding the Greek system. It’s good for the university decade after decade once they’re graduated. I understand the need to regulate hazing, but don’t kill it. Protocols can be reached between the university and Greeks. I say all this as a proud GDI.
    The university has pretty much neutered the entire greek system at UL.

first ragin or cajun thing ive heard out of athletics in 30 years. ignore the outside noise guys. youre just exposing the fakers

15. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The university has pretty much neutered the entire greek system at UL.
    Agreed, thought we were expressing things that could help athletics. Greeks are great for both.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information