Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Speaking of, the people working the other gates (police included) tried to argue with me about Lot E being opened up for the game for FREE GA parking. Literally told me I was wrong. I had to pull up twitter to show these people that the admin made the announcement. How ridiculous is that...
    Same thing for my wife and I last year for one of the midweek games where we opened up the parking. Left hand never talking to the right.

2. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Caller Andrew's comment about a campus void of promotions or excitement.

Isn't the Athletic Director's office on campus? How can this inattention to detail exist?

Remember that time the UPC organized a color party instead of an on-campus USM watch party? I remember

There should be a giant inflatable projector screen with all away football games on in Cypress Lake Plaza, otherwise what was the point and use of beautifying that area?

I'm not saying not to. I'm saying, it's not the only hope. We should have a robust outreach to younger children. We should have players and coaches, or UL brass of some kind, in every elementary, middle and high school in the Acadiana area constantly. You do have to allocate resources to those types of efforts. My point was, you can also target ready made fans at the same time.
    That would be a waste of time and money. Children, especially young children are influenced by their parents. It does not matter from which university their parents graduated from or didn’t graduate from. Whichever team they watch on TV or attend week in and week out, is usually the deciding factor.

5. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    That would be a waste of time and money. Children, especially young children are influenced by their parents. It does not matter from which university their parents graduated from or didn’t graduate from. Whichever team they watch on TV or attend week in and week out, is usually the deciding factor.
    Children are influenced by a lot of things. Listen to our interview with FishBait Solutions Head of Marketing Rick Jones. They literally build businesses based on outreach to children 0-5. In collegiate athletics, if you get them to recognize your brand and hear your name before 5 years old, they'll likely be fans for life.

6. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Children are influenced by a lot of things. Listen to our interview with FishBait Solutions Head of Marketing Rick Jones. They literally build businesses based on outreach to children 0-5. In collegiate athletics, if you get them to recognize your brand and hear your name before 5 years old, they'll likely be fans for life.
    Only if you can get to them before their Tigah parents . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Exactly.

If the parents are watching LSU sports, even though they are USL/UL alum, they will be LSU fans. Changing their minds cannot be overcome.

Just listening to you guys waiting for the saints. Unfortunately Des ain’t going into the community to promote the product. It is not his personality.

Josh trust me when I tell you the university is intentionally killing the Greek system. Why? Only they can answer that.

10. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Josh trust me when I tell you the university is intentionally killing the Greek system. Why? Only they can answer that.
    Thanks for checking out the pod. The evidence continues to mount regarding greek life being killed off. We are going to request an interview with Ms. Heidi to try and figure out just wtf is going on.

Thanks for checking out the pod. The evidence continues to mount regarding greek life being killed off. We are going to request an interview with Ms. Heidi to try and figure out just wtf is going on.
    First question to ask:

Why did the university move the fraternity houses that were located near the campus to the present location?

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    First question to ask:

Why did the university move the fraternity houses that were located near the campus to the present location?
    That was done a long time ago...has nothing to do with current status

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    That was done a long time ago...has nothing to do with current status
    It was the beginning of the end for fraternities being involved in campus activities.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    their parents buy their ____ from wallyworld and never attended a class in Baton Rouge

15. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Just listening to you guys waiting for the saints. Unfortunately Des ain’t going into the community to promote the product. It is not his personality.
    Really though, he shouldn't have to. We have invested in a TON since Hudspeth started. The blueprint is there. We need a charismatic FUND RAISER to take that burden off of the HC and engage the base themselves.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information