Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Yes, most stadiums are on campus. Since ours is not on campus, does that mean we have no choice but to charge a premium for both parking AND tailgating?

The only reason I bring up the tailgating situation is because we have created a ghost town where once great tailgating used to be.

Parking areas are not a ghost town yet, but it seems we are on our way to making it one.

By no means am I suggesting making either 100% free, but I think the policies and pricing needs to be revisited since it is obviously not working.

Such a sad series of things unfolding in front of us. It is heartbreaking, to see us going the wrong direction.

Pod Version:

3. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Casual fans need to see a product on the field that makes it worth attending.

You can’t scream and yell that casual fans are cowards because they prefer to watch something that entertains them. The current product on the field is not exciting or entertaining. It is actually rather depressing… a loss to Rice, a loss to ULM, a 17 point lead blown, bad coaching, no adjustments, etc.

Casual fans look at football teams like movies, either good or bad. Imagine you are flipping through channels and an award winning movie with a great cast is on one channel and a horrible movie with bad acting is on another channel. Most people will want to watch the better movie. It does not make the horrible movie any better if I start yelling, ”This movie was directed and produced by the university you attended, so why do you want to watch the other movie.”

If we are putting a poor product on the field, we damn sure better be throwing a kick azz party that casual fans want to attend.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    They didn't show up for a 13-1 top 25 football team either.

And I wasn't hollering at casual fans. I couldn't care less about them. They are not our problem. The cowards are the UL, U(s)L alumni that live in this area but drive to BR to give away their money without a single thought about the school that educated them. The school that is a huge part of our economy.

Those people are cowards and would rather clout chase than help build a lasting program. Has the admin been a joke and chased many of them away? Sure. But when you see a real commitment being made here, you have to at least attempt to be loyal. It's gross.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Yes, most stadiums are on campus. Since ours is not on campus, does that mean we have no choice but to charge a premium for both parking AND tailgating?

The only reason I bring up the tailgating situation is because we have created a ghost town where once great tailgating used to be.

Parking areas are not a ghost town yet, but it seems we are on our way to making it one.

By no means am I suggesting making either 100% free, but I think the policies and pricing needs to be revisited since it is obviously not working.

Such a sad series of things unfolding in front of us. It is heartbreaking, to see us going the wrong direction.
    I don't disagree I have been saying for the longest the biggest thing our school is missing is a place for the casual fan to show up and throw up a pop up tent for the day and enjoy the tailgating experience like at on campus sites. We desperately need that. But it doesn't necessarily have to be in the prime real-estate where they are currently generating a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

And I wasn't hollering at casual fans. I couldn't care less about them. They are not our problem. The cowards are the UL, U(s)L alumni that live in this area but drive to BR to give away their money without a single thought about the school that educated them. The school that is a huge part of our economy.

Those people are cowards and would rather clout chase than help build a lasting program. Has the admin been a joke and chased many of them away? Sure. But when you see a real commitment being made here, you have to at least attempt to be loyal. It's gross.
    100% with you. I can not tell you how many M__F'ers I sat with in the student section with back in my days that are in BR every freaking week. Back then you just assume the all become alumni supporters but that is far from the case. It chaps my @$$. Many have unfriended me on social media because of my comments to them.

I'm with you and totally understand where you are coming from.

I was just pointing out that our product on the field (a lot related to coaching decisions) isn't doing us any favors, but I'm sure y'all are already know being it was discussed on the podcast.

Podcast is going great... it's a lot better than the games lately.

7. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

You’re never going to shame, or argue somebody into choosing what they like. We have to start young, the younger the better. Hudspeth did a good job, but this is a never ending decade after decade job. Don’t get unfriended over this. Most of these people were LSU fans before they knew what a university was

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We have to start young, the younger the better. Hudspeth did a good job, but this is a never ending decade after decade job.
    I haven't seen a cardboard cut-out of a UL coach since Hudspeth. I think there was a Hud cutout standing at every place that sold Coca-Cola products.

Even the smallest things can make a difference.

9. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

You’re never going to shame, or argue somebody into choosing what they like. We have to start young, the younger the better. Hudspeth did a good job, but this is a never ending decade after decade job. Don’t get unfriended over this. Most of these people were LSU fans before they knew what a university was
    I don't think we have to start that young. If we can just educate the students at Freshmen orientation, that would go a long way. It took Hud all of one calendar year to get fans packed into Cajun Field. Maybe even less than that.

I do agree with you last sentence. But lots of UL alumni were once taken to LSU&A&MC games, and Tulane games and Tech games. The difference is, when we stepped foot onto campus and understood what it meant to be a Cajun, we got rid of any other loyalty. That's the difference.

10. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Most of these people were LSU fans before they knew what a university was
    You called?

I don't think we have to start that young. If we can just educate the students at Freshmen orientation, that would go a long way. It took Hud all of one calendar year to get fans packed into Cajun Field. Maybe even less than that.

I do agree with you last sentence. But lots of UL alumni were once taken to LSU&A&MC games, and Tulane games and Tech games. The difference is, when we stepped foot onto campus and understood what it meant to be a Cajun, we got rid of any other loyalty. That's the difference.
    Disagree with you here MAT. Hud got them here, and they were all gone within a few years. You’ve got a much better chance of building passionate fandom when you start young. I tailgated at Cajun Field since I was little. I was in the Cajundome watching the Cajuns and my older cousin dance for the Jazz when I was very young. I’m not saying it has to be that way, but this athletic department should be in the schools around this area constantly.

My SIL teaches elementary in Duson. UL grad. Saturday night her and my wife were hanging out and SIL keeps checking LSU score. My wife says since when do you care about LSU. SIL, “well it’s my students. All they talk about is LSU.” Hook ‘em young. I don’t even know if the goofballs in charge now care about hooking people at all. They seem to think they are already doing enough.

12. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

"Open up parking"

That's like CMD calling a pass but forgetting to tell Wooldridge.

Any gameday changes this year is nothing more than practice for next year.

13. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Disagree with you here MAT. Hud got them here, and they were all gone within a few years. You’ve got a much better chance of building passionate fandom when you start young. I tailgated at Cajun Field since I was little. I was in the Cajundome watching the Cajuns and my older cousin dance for the Jazz when I was very young. I’m not saying it has to be that way, but this athletic department should be in the schools around this area constantly.

My SIL teaches elementary in Duson. UL grad. Saturday night her and my wife were hanging out and SIL keeps checking LSU score. My wife says since when do you care about LSU. SIL, “well it’s my students. All they talk about is LSU.” Hook ‘em young. I don’t even know if the goofballs in charge now care about hooking people at all. They seem to think they are already doing enough.
    I'm not saying not to. I'm saying, it's not the only hope. We should have a robust outreach to younger children. We should have players and coaches, or UL brass of some kind, in every elementary, middle and high school in the Acadiana area constantly. You do have to allocate resources to those types of efforts. My point was, you can also target ready made fans at the same time.

14. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Open up parking"

That's like CMD calling a pass but forgetting to tell Wooldridge.

Any gameday changes this year is nothing more than practice for next year.
    Speaking of, the people working the other gates (police included) tried to argue with me about Lot E being opened up for the game for FREE GA parking. Literally told me I was wrong. I had to pull up twitter to show these people that the admin made the announcement. How ridiculous is that...

Mascot....Mascot....Mascot! Send it to all the schools and talk about coming to the games.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information