Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

It's just hard being a Cajun fan. I'm actually jealous of LSU fans in that they can just be fans. It's tiring feeling like we have to talk about why [insert issue] is an issue. I'm just tired at this point. If Martin Hall and Reinhardt Dr. don't care, I'm just close to not caring. 7,800 people at a Div 1 football game. It's time to press the panic button.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    It's just hard being a Cajun fan. I'm actually jealous of LSU fans in that they can just be fans. It's tiring feeling like we have to talk about why [insert issue] is an issue. I'm just tired at this point. If Martin Hall and Reinhardt Dr. don't care, I'm just close to not caring. 7,800 people at a Div 1 football game. It's time to press the panic button.
    7800 was paid, actual was around 4500.

3. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: Troy Trojans

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    7800 was paid, actual was around 4500.
    We had to go back and ask the ticket scanners to count our attendance. I'm sure that happened to more than just us. I don't think actual attendance was less than 5k, but it was brutal. Worst I can ever remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We had to go back and ask the ticket scanners to count our attendance. I'm sure that happened to more than just us. I don't think actual attendance was less than 5k, but it was brutal. Worst I can ever remember.
    All season long the ticket scanners haven't worked. I go to alot of different events across the south and never have I been at an event and the scanners didn't work. Only in Lafayette. It's the small things that keep fans from returning to games.

Yep...like pebbles to a pile...its all in the details

My BIL is a former player who lives here. Doesn't come to our games but complains about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Boy View Post
    My BIL is a former player who lives here. Doesn't come to our games but complains about everything.
    Just one?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Finally I’d do everything I could to bring Hudspeth back as the head man in charge for rebuilding the Cajuns ties to the Acadiana area. If not Hudspeth Troy Wingerter if he’s willing.
    Do you have any idea why Hud got fired from Austin Peay? It had nothing to do with on the field performance. As a matter of fact he turned them into a winner and was trending upward. You know what they say character does matter. No thanks. Don't want him anywhere around our program.

I'm going to throw a few alternative thoughts/ideas out, not sure how well they will be received but here goes:

While the admins could market better, I think what also draws more people to the game is a party with their friends. I know lots of casual fans who can look at a Ragin Cajuns billboard 10 times a week and not consider going to the game.

As soon as I call those same people and say, "Hey, we are tailgating at CajunField this week, you want to come tailgating with us? Mark, Paul, David, Sean, Bobby, Toby, Eric, Brandon and all their wives will be there." The general response I get is: Hell yeah, me and my family will come meet ya'll.

They don't care about parking, tickets, concessions, attendance, etc. They may ask where to park and I'll tell them park at Drug Emporium and walk over to the tailgate. Once they are at the tailgate, most all of them start asking about tickets and end up in the stadium. Tailgating is the party that leads a lot of casual fans into the game.

The Athletic Dept and RCAF have ruined tailgating by trying to milk it for way more than it is worth. Sure, keep selling the prime spots (by the oak, along Reinhardt Dr by the Cajun walk, etc.) for a premium. Other than that, open up tailgating in other spots for a reduced price or first come first serve.

Please point me to any other G5 programs who charge as much as we do for tailgating.
    Most of them do not charge at all. Most P5 programs do not even charge, much less charge what we are trying to charge.

They need to fix tailgating.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I'm going to throw a few alternative thoughts/ideas out, not sure how well they will be received but here goes:

While the admins could market better, I think what also draws more people to the game is a party with their friends. I know lots of casual fans who can look at a Ragin Cajuns billboard 10 times a week and not consider going to the game.

As soon as I call those same people and say, "Hey, we are tailgating at CajunField this week, you want to come tailgating with us? Mark, Paul, David, Sean, Bobby, Toby, Eric, Brandon and all their wives will be there." The general response I get is: Hell yeah, me and my family will come meet ya'll.

They don't care about parking, tickets, concessions, attendance, etc. They may ask where to park and I'll tell them park at Drug Emporium and walk over to the tailgate. Once they are at the tailgate, most all of them start asking about tickets and end up in the stadium. Tailgating is the party that leads a lot of casual fans into the game.

The Athletic Dept and RCAF have ruined tailgating by trying to milk it for way more than it is worth. Sure, keep selling the prime spots (by the oak, along Reinhardt Dr by the Cajun walk, etc.) for a premium. Other than that, open up tailgating in other spots for a reduced price or first come first serve.

Please point me to any other G5 programs who charge as much as we do for tailgating.
    Most of them do not charge at all. Most P5 programs do not even charge, much less charge what we are trying to charge.

100%

Casual fans need to see a product on the field that makes it worth attending.

You can’t scream and yell that casual fans are cowards because they prefer to watch something that entertains them. The current product on the field is not exciting or entertaining. It is actually rather depressing… a loss to Rice, a loss to ULM, a 17 point lead blown, bad coaching, no adjustments, etc.

Casual fans look at football teams like movies, either good or bad. Imagine you are flipping through channels and an award winning movie with a great cast is on one channel and a horrible movie with bad acting is on another channel. Most people will want to watch the better movie. It does not make the horrible movie any better if I start yelling, ”This movie was directed and produced by the university you attended, so why do you want to watch the other movie.”

If we are putting a poor product on the field, we damn sure better be throwing a kick azz party that casual fans want to attend.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Over the past few days I have been scanning through my Facebook account. It is amazing how many people from Lafayette (many that I know) have posted pictures and/or comments about being at the LSUBR game on Saturday. Disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post

Most stadiums are on campus. Where they charge you is for the tag to get into the parking lot. Take App st for instance if you are not a member of Yousef club you are not parking on campus. You have to go find some private lot where people are charging to park.

I am pretty sure if they would have built Cajun field where McNaspy was you wouldn't be charged to throw up a tent in the quad or any other green space on campus. But to park in lots on campus would come with a price. We just have a unique situation at Cajun field that is very hard to compare to an on campus facility.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Most stadiums are on campus. Where they charge you is for the tag to get into the parking lot. Take App st for instance if you are not a member of Yousef club you are not parking on campus. You have to go find some private lot where people are charging to park.

I am pretty sure if they would have built Cajun field where McNaspy was you wouldn't be charged to throw up a tent in the quad or any other green space on campus. But to park in lots on campus would come with a price. We just have a unique situation at Cajun field that is very hard to compare to an on campus facility.
    If people B_I_T-C-H at having to walk across Congress Street, just think how bad it would be if they had to walk ALL THE WAY across campus!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post

Williams Brice in Columbia, SC is an off campus stadium (It may now be on USC property..) regardless it is a couple of miles away from campus. Aside from the Caboose's you can lease for tailgating and hosting, I wonder how they handle tailgating. Stadium is out in the middle of acres of parking...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information