Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Independence Bowl and Sun Belt Conference enter backup agreement

1. UL Football Independence Bowl and Sun Belt Conference enter backup agreement

The Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl and Sun Belt Conference announced Thursday that the bowl and conference have entered into a backup agreement, which will be in place through the 2025-26 Bowl Season

Default Re: Independence Bowl and Sun Belt Conference enter backup agreement

I was wondering if this would pop up for discussion. Another option for west teams.

Uhhh. what does “Back Up” mean? How many teams do the have to go through before the “Back Up” comes into play??

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Uhhh. what does “Back Up” mean? How many teams do the have to go through before the “Back Up” comes into play??
    The only thing I know about back up is that beeping noise when you put something in reverse!
    But that is a good question how many do you have to go to before somebody from the Sunbelt gets in.

The Radiance Bowl…that has some sort of ring to it, that’s for sure

6. Default Re: Independence Bowl and Sun Belt Conference enter backup agreement

UL needs NW Louisiana, NOLA, Houston, and Mississippi connections. This is a good opportunity to expand and fortify our recruiting footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Back up means that if the contracted parties do not have enough team to fill it's obligations, then the bowl has a right to pick from a Sunbelt team that is bowl eligible and not under conference obligations themselves.

Right now that is the AAC and Army. I'm not sure of the AAC's bowl picture but Army is 3-4 with 5 games left. Two of their wins are against FCS teams. They are gonna need to win 4 games to be bowl eligible and that is very unlikely.

Tomorrow is very important for the Cajuns. We need to win to get closer to bowl eligiblity. We need a bowl game to get our young guys extra practice. And we need to go to the I-bowl and win to show Shreveport that we are legitimate in football going forward

8. Default Re: Independence Bowl and Sun Belt Conference enter backup agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Back up means that if the contracted parties do not have enough team to fill it's obligations, then the bowl has a right to pick from a Sunbelt team that is bowl eligible and not under conference obligations themselves.

Right now that is the AAC and Army. I'm not sure of the AAC's bowl picture but Army is 3-4 with 5 games left. Two of their wins are against FCS teams. They are gonna need to win 4 games to be bowl eligible and that is very unlikely.

Tomorrow is very important for the Cajuns. We need to win to get closer to bowl eligiblity. We need a bowl game to get our young guys extra practice. And we need to go to the I-bowl and win to show Shreveport that we are legitimate in football going forward
    SBC teams not in the mix for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    SBC teams not in the mix for several years.
    Whoops I missed the part where it said 2025 but it also includes this quote

"We are proud to create a new partnership with the Sun Belt Conference as a backup agreement for the next four years,” said 2022 Independence Bowl Foundation Chairman Rob Rubel.

10. Default Re: Independence Bowl and Sun Belt Conference enter backup agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Whoops I missed the part where it said 2025 but it also includes this quote

"We are proud to create a new partnership with the Sun Belt Conference as a backup agreement for the next four years,” said 2022 Independence Bowl Foundation Chairman Rob Rubel.
    You’re correct, I misread it. It’s starting this year it seems.

Army just lost to AF. Army now 3-5

I would LOVE to see SBC and Independence Stadium covered in vermillion and white come bowl time!

Quote Originally Posted by NWLA Cajun View Post
    I would LOVE to see SBC and Independence Stadium covered in vermillion and white come bowl time!
    If there is a year where going to the I-bowl is a good thingthis is the year.

14. Default Re: Independence Bowl and Sun Belt Conference enter backup agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    If there is a year where going to the I-bowl is a good thingthis is the year.
    You are absolutely correct about that . . . Now let’s go beat Troy

15. Default Re: Independence Bowl and Sun Belt Conference enter backup agreement

Dan McDonald talked about this tonight. This all has to do with Army not being bowl eligible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information