Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

Default Re: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I went to one coach’s show at Pete’s the Monday before the rice game. Mike literally came in 2 minutes before his interview, did his 15 minutes and walked out of the bar. There was no engagement with the fans that were there. No thanking them for coming, shaking hands or anything. I would understand if there were hundreds of fans waiting to talk to him but there were about 7 of us. Not like it would have taken much time. But anyway who am I to complain about anything? Geaux Cajuns
    This is very disappointing to read. That is not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I went to one coach’s show at Pete’s the Monday before the rice game. Mike literally came in 2 minutes before his interview, did his 15 minutes and walked out of the bar. There was no engagement with the fans that were there. No thanking them for coming, shaking hands or anything. I would understand if there were hundreds of fans waiting to talk to him but there were about 7 of us. Not like it would have taken much time. But anyway who am I to complain about anything? Geaux Cajuns
    Yeah, I remember thinking, "damn, this guy could have at least come and introduced himself to the few people that bothered to show up and pay attention. Hell, Napier would, at least, make his way around the bar and thank folks for coming

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Yeah, I remember thinking, "damn, this guy could have at least come and introduced himself to the few people that bothered to show up and pay attention. Hell, Napier would, at least, make his way around the bar and thank folks for coming
    I'm sure you, Jeaux, Beavis or M$M would have even got the guy a drink.

4. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

It’s pretty obvious that CMD isn’t comfortable doing that. I’m sorry Mike, but like I told Baldwin your only job is putting butts in the stands. Winning is the most important tool, and making the potential fans feel important, needed, and appreciated a close second.

If the head coaches aren’t comfortable with that then they need to find people who are.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    It’s pretty obvious that CMD isn’t comfortable doing that. I’m sorry Mike, but like I told Baldwin your only job is putting butts in the stands. Winning is the most important tool, and making the potential fans feel important, needed, and appreciated a close second.

If the head coaches aren’t comfortable with that then they need to find people who are.
    The head coaches only job is never just to put butts in the stands. You lost me on that.

6. Default Re: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The head coaches only job is never just to put butts in the stands. You lost me on that.
    His sole reason for existence is to put butts in the stand. Winning,exciting football is his primary tool. No butts, no teams no coaches etc.

If we start averaging 8k we’ll close shop.

His sole reason for existence is to put butts in the stand. Winning,exciting football is his primary tool. No butts, no teams no coaches etc.

If we start averaging 8k we’ll close shop.
    I disagree. Graduate men and winning is the key.

8. Default Re: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

I disagree. Graduate men and winning is the key.
    Coach speak

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Coach speak
    So if we have 40k every game and we never win that would be ok?

10. Default Re: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

No butts no graduation of athletes. That’s why programs have died.

No butts no graduation of athletes. That’s why programs have died.
    I guess all the minor sports would have shut down along time ago because fan support is minimal and those kids still graduate.

And they say the only stupid question is the one not asked.

13. Default Re: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

I guarantee you a coach will try much harder with 40,000 above his neck than he will with 8,000

14. Default Re: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

I guess all the minor sports would have shut down along time ago because fan support is minimal and those kids still graduate.
    Since your question is posturing a non possible situation it’s hardly worth addressing. Suffice to say we’d be run out of the conference without football. I thought we were talking FBS football.

This is far closer to reality than most people would like to admit. College athletics is a business.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information