Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

Default Re: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’m really starting to think it’s almost intentional from Martin Hall. Unless AD Maggard has been converted, there’s no way he can be happy with the overall product and lack of community outreach, etc.
    I’m not a “fire them” guy. But I am all for holding someone accountable for doing their job. You’re getting paid for this. Explain yourself to those who buy the tickets, donate, buy the merch. The dedicated few who are still in the damn stands. There are alums and fans that are actually invested in this program. All our programs. But these people are not stupid and they’re not without limits. You can only be let down so much before the desire to support wanes. That’s how you get 7 thousand.

You can bet the house our localyocal media won't ask this question to that group..."Are you pleased with this year's attendance and game day experiance?"

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You can bet the house our localyocal media won't ask this question to that group..."Are you pleased with this year's attendance and game day experiance?"
    MAT would ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    That’s the thing. Bring it up. Talk about it. Acknowledge the issue. Then propose solutions. Don’t just flush this season and move on to baseball/softball where you are near tops in the country. Gives you a false sense of accomplishment then when the fall comes around we’re in the same boat.

Not taking any heat off of the community either. They need to support and they flat out have not outside of a few games during the Napier tenure. I used to think Lafayette was better than this, but maybe they’re not. My faith in our culture is fading.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That’s the thing. Bring it up. Talk about it. Acknowledge the issue. Then propose solutions. Don’t just flush this season and move on to baseball/softball where you are near tops in the country. Gives you a false sense of accomplishment then when the fall comes around we’re in the same boat.

Not taking any heat off of the community either. They need to support and they flat out have not outside of a few games during the Napier tenure. I used to think Lafayette was better than this, but maybe they’re not. My faith in our culture is fading.
    I go to almost every game what reason has UL given the local community to go out and spend their hard-earned money on this product, in game experience, schedule or get excited about this hire. I hate to use Hud as an example, but he didn't care if you were a big donor or no donor if he saw you out and about and you had on Cajun gear or said his name, he stuck his hand out talked to you and made you feel like you belonged to this program. His attitude made me buy into what he was doing. I wanted to give him my money. He didn't take over a winning program, but he built the culture. He didn't dress or act like he wanted to be one of the guys he was the coach the motivator. I haven't seen any of our coaches out in the community or at any events. Nor have I seen a smile on Dez face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I go to almost every game what reason has UL given the local community to go out and spend their hard-earned money on this product, in game experience, schedule or get excited about this hire. I hate to use Hud as an example, but he didn't care if you were a big donor or no donor if he saw you out and about and you had on Cajun gear or said his name, he stuck his hand out talked to you and made you feel like you belonged to this program. His attitude made me buy into what he was doing. I wanted to give him my money. He didn't take over a winning program, but he built the culture. He didn't dress or act like he wanted to be one of the guys he was the coach the motivator. I haven't seen any of our coaches out in the community or at any events. Nor have I seen a smile on Dez face.
    I went to one coach’s show at Pete’s the Monday before the rice game. Mike literally came in 2 minutes before his interview, did his 15 minutes and walked out of the bar. There was no engagement with the fans that were there. No thanking them for coming, shaking hands or anything. I would understand if there were hundreds of fans waiting to talk to him but there were about 7 of us. Not like it would have taken much time. But anyway who am I to complain about anything? Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: Attendance Predictions - Troy 11.5.22

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Poor home game attendance is directly attributed to how much this UL Administration puts into it.

I guarantee you that the general public relates this teams performance (bad offense mainly) to a new, unknown coaching staff struggling trying to figure out how to beat Rice and ULM. It's a poor home schedule. Cajun Field is essentially a stadium dump in todays college football. No effort to promote games by UL. It's very predictable to have terrible attendance.
    Spot on!
    Poor facilities, Poor game day experience and poor opponent is why out attendance is what it is.

onto baseball!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    That because Dez knows he's in over his head

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I went to one coach’s show at Pete’s the Monday before the rice game. Mike literally came in 2 minutes before his interview, did his 15 minutes and walked out of the bar. There was no engagement with the fans that were there. No thanking them for coming, shaking hands or anything. I would understand if there were hundreds of fans waiting to talk to him but there were about 7 of us. Not like it would have taken much time. But anyway who am I to complain about anything? Geaux Cajuns
    That’s really disappointing to hear. I hope it was an isolated deal, but in all fairness the coaches appear to be ghosts outside of their normal appearances for media, lunches, that type of stuff.

I think a lot of us agree on the Hud model of building buzz. Billy was not a very visible guy in the community and with HUD’s passion and Billy’s teams you’d have CF packed.

I think a lot of us agree on the Hud model of building buzz. Billy was not a very visible guy in the community and with HUD’s passion and Billy’s teams you’d have CF packed.
    Maybe, depends if you take the best parts. Don't want the parts where he seemed to ____ off and burn every bridge with Acadiana area high school coaches. Napier did a pretty darn good job putting those bridges back together.

That’s really disappointing to hear. I hope it was an isolated deal, but in all fairness the coaches appear to be ghosts outside of their normal appearances for media, lunches, that type of stuff.

Maybe he had somewhere else to be and was in a rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Maybe, depends if you take the best parts. Don't want the parts where he seemed to ____ off and burn every bridge with Acadiana area high school coaches. Napier did a pretty darn good job putting those bridges back together.
    The good buzz. The enthusiasm for the program say from 2011-2013.

After that the buzz around the program was, shall we say, a tad controversial.

14. Default Re: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

Regardless. If there were truly on 7 or so fans there, he should have taken them5 minutes or so to create 7 great ambassadors for the university. The fact that they showed indicated they were begging for what they did not get. A huge mistake.

Film study?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information