Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 7,888 attendance vs Troy 22.11.05

Default Re: 7,888

Wait til Thursday night.

Think of all that money they saving though

My company has been buying 10 season tickets and a parking pass every year since Napier was hired. That stops now.

I’m sad to say, my little contribution to UL football is done.

They need to do a MASSIVE season ticket campaign next year in addition to weekly pushes. I suspect they won’t reduce prices but they really should. And keep them lower until we at least double season ticket sales. 5-6000 diehard season ticket holders won’t cut it!! Heck, I’d buy season tickets again and donate them to a good cause if they did. Just a bit too far to travel much to Lafayette.

5. Default Re: 7,888

Go Dez. Crappy hire and a very lazy hire by Maggard.

Fan base was not sold on the hire and he just solidified that tonight.

7. Default Re: 7,888

Not going to happen with this crappy coaching staff.

8. Default Re: 7,888

You think????? Maggard was ____ing lazy with this hire. I'm looking forward to watching Bobby Big Fish coach and that is really bad.

Sigh...

10. Default Re: 7,888

It's simple for me, the city, parish, and region is fickle when it comes to UL football. Even when BN was pushing this team to a heck of an undefeated streak last season, still people were fickle.

This is the result of the G5/P5 split.

No one wants to spend time or money to watch a team with no shot at the highest prize.

Combine a poor venue and competitive product within 45 miles, one can understand.

Solution - The university administration has to be clear and vocal about the end goal for our program with a call to action.

If this doesn't work, create a nice 25K capacity stadium and enjoy your G5 to FCS fate.

We got what we paid for. Simple as that. As 77 brought up on the game thread, with graduation, wait until next year. Only a fool would not believe CMD’s resume is being used against us.

I see a recruiting season that we’ll be run over like a broken up rubber “speed table” by our peers.

13. Default Re: 7,888

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    We got what we paid for. Simple as that. As 77 brought up on the game thread, with graduation, wait until next year. Only a fool would not believe CMD’s resume is being used against us.

I see a recruiting season that we’ll be run over like a broken up rubber “speed table” by our peers.
    Defense is going to get hit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Defense is going to get hit hard.
    Yeah, and unless our offense figures some ____ out and gets a whole lot better next year, we may see some really lopsided scores next year, with us on the wrong end.

Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Sigh

Administration has done a horrible job over last few years promoting games.

Venue has done a poor job handling larger crowds over last few years.

Game day experience as a whole leaves a lot to be desired over last few years.

CMD was not a beloved hire by fans as a whole.

All of the above contribute to a declining fan base amongst other things out of our control.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information