Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Weather for Saturday

Default Re: Weather for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Just a reminder. Being a weather forecaster means you can do your job wrong about 50% of the time and still get paid. There are no consequences for getting it wrong. There is no guarantee they will be correct predicting the weather for Saturday.

I think you are being generous with your percentage. More like 80% of the time. Whether you play golf or not, I use the golfweather.com app for my weather forecast. It is correct 95% of the time. It is location and time specific.

True story. Me and my golf group use this site religiously. We make our tee times as much in advance as possible depending what the weather will be. Checked the site and it said that at 10am, Les Vieux chenes would have 60% chance of rain and nothing afterward. The Wetlands had 0% chance all day and the Farm had a 20% at noon. We played the Wetlands and checked Vieux at about 10:30. They were getting poured on. Never checked the Farm.

Negative though, it does not give the weather from 6pm-6am. I guess they figure no one plays golf past 6pm. But for 95 percent accuracy, I'll take it.

2. Default Re: Weather for Saturday

There is no way that site is 95% accurate. If they are they should be rich.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I think you are being generous with your percentage. More like 80% of the time. Whether you play golf or not, I use the golfweather.com app for my weather forecast. It is correct 95% of the time. It is location and time specific.

True story. Me and my golf group use this site religiously. We make our tee times as much in advance as possible depending what the weather will be. Checked the site and it said that at 10am, Les Vieux chenes would have 60% chance of rain and nothing afterward. The Wetlands had 0% chance all day and the Farm had a 20% at noon. We played the Wetlands and checked Vieux at about 10:30. They were getting poured on. Never checked the Farm.

Negative though, it does not give the weather from 6pm-6am. I guess they figure no one plays golf past 6pm. But for 95 percent accuracy, I'll take it.
    I used Clime NOAA Weather Radar. Most accurate as far as I can tell, and has a good user interface

4. Default Re: Weather for Saturday

Weather will be picture perfect by 1 pm. No excuses. Let's Geaux beat Troy's ASSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    There is no way that site is 95% accurate. If they are they should be rich.

Try them. You will see.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Weather will be picture perfect by 1 pm. No excuses. Let's Geaux beat Troy's ASSSSS
    It was and no one came. How sad. But after the initial drive of the 2nd half, they didn't miss anything anyway.

7. Default Re: Weather for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    They cancelled tennis. TENNIS!

What kind of message does that send?

Hard court dry by noon tennis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information