Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vermilion

Default Re: Vermilion

Art of War.

Just as ZZ posted above. Divide and conquer.

Here's an idea for our indoctrinated youth of UL, form a committee to find out why you dont go to Cajuns Football in the Swamp. F'n idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Art of War.

Just as ZZ posted above. Divide and conquer.

Here's an idea for our indoctrinated youth of UL, form a committee to find out why you dont go to Cajuns Football in the Swamp. F'n idiots.
    The RPCA has listed all the reasons on this board over and over.

3. Default Re: Vermilion

If the state, parish, and municipal offices ban names associated with the confederacy, segregation, and KKK involvement prior to 1964 there would be virtually no whites of prominence on public buildings, parks, and so on.

I’m not a fan of honoring people who through culture, or racism. If and unless they were of particular importance or value to that particular community, or university.

I certainly understand the angst it may cause to students and individuals whose families were negatively impacted by these people.

I’m pretty sure nobody is currently demanding that they replace those statues of Adolph Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini.

With the new Woke attitudes perhaps time to rename Johnston street to Louisiana Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Divide and conquer…the oldest military tactic known to man.
    I am legitimately surprised that no one seems to be commenting on the fact that the major complaint from the subjects in this article is that T-Joe and the university isn't woke enough.

The way it gets talked about sometimes, you'd swear he was going to be the first one to march out there and rip the building name signs down 15 months ago.

5. Default Re: Vermilion

T-Joe should be commended for his actions so far. Hopefully he can remain strong and allow this to die it’s rightful slow death . . . Or maybe he can rename each building after the boards longtime #knowitall

PS: not it’s determined blowhard . . .

Even the school newspaper refers to the the university as UL-Lafayette ! What a sad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If the state, parish, and municipal offices ban names associated with the confederacy, segregation, and KKK involvement prior to 1964 there would be virtually no whites of prominence on public buildings, parks, and so on.

I’m not a fan of honoring people who through culture, or racism. If and unless they were of particular importance or value to that particular community, or university.

I certainly understand the angst it may cause to students and individuals whose families were negatively impacted by these people.

I’m pretty sure nobody is currently demanding that they replace those statues of Adolph Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini.

With the new Woke attitudes perhaps time to rename Johnston street to Louisiana Ave.
    Well, you cant do that! Louisiana was associated with the Confederacy. We would have to rename that street and the University! Not condoning any past wrongs, but where does it end?

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Even the school newspaper refers to the the university as UL-Lafayette ! What a sad deal.
    The editor in chief used to edit my articles to change the name, but that was 17 years ago.

I walked into his office one day and said "Do you know how dumb 'UL Lafayette's Ragin' Cajuns defeat Western Kentucky' sounds? I wouldn't write that ____ but somehow my name is on it." So he finally stopped.

Looks like that mindset is still around.

Even the school newspaper refers to the the university as Louisiana ! What a sad deal.
    I meant refers to the university as ULL.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    This is a non-news story, designed to get people riled up (on both sides of the argument).
    This is what the Verm does best.

I support ending all ties to racist people and programs from former KKK members of yesterday to Affirmative Action/Equity/Diversity programs of today.

I do not support racism, at all.

That is the goal. Better than the poster on this site who called us the University of Lafayette.

I meant refers to the university as ULL.
    Sorry just seeing this.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Most if not all people do not know or care who and why the building were named what their named. Its only a select few "WOKE" idiots who want to stir the pot in the name of some BS perceived social injustice. Sick and tired of this. I truly hope the administration has a backbone and leaves these names alone and focus on things that matter not some liberal with hurt feelings.

15. Default Re: Vermilion

Guys, none of this is ambivalent.

It's very simple. Is there an agenda from a select few? Yes. Should those buildings have their name changed? I think there is a conversation there to be had. Are TJoe and JLL about to fork out the money to make these very expensive changes? Absolutely not.

I think B4H's explanation of how this "article" should be digested was 100% accurate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information