Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Softball vs LSU-E

Default Re: SB 2pm vs LSU-E

Just curious, why is it necessary to slam players on a team that's was beaten in a practice game. Regardless of what you think about them, it comes off as low class. Sometimes it is better not to say anything, but I guess that is how this forum rolls.

2. Default Re: SB 2pm vs LSU-E

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Just curious, why is it necessary to slam players on a team that's was beaten in a practice game.
    I was wondering the same, I just didn't know how to word it.

3. Default Re: SB 2pm vs LSU-E

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I was wondering the same, I just didn't know how to word it.
    You were given the answer but chose not to quote it.

For anyone who is interested in individual performances; I can give three OUTSTANDING plays:
    Cecelia Vasquez at 2nd catches a grounder and flips it to Alexa Langeliers who just lands on 2nd base bag before the runner coming from first gets there.

(2) Victoria Valdez at catcher throws out a runner trying to steal second.

(3) Lauren Allred hits the only HOME RUN in 8 innings. Knocked into the scoreboard.
    All but Alexa are Freshmen.

Kandra Lamb has been out but returned to the pitching circle on Thursday. She has been out due to surgery on her ankle.

Meghan Schorman is in a walking boot. She broke her foot in late September in an academic building, stairs.

Tyler Oubre is still out in concussion protocol. She was injured in a practice backing up the catcher.

Samantha Graeter tore her MCL but will try to forego surgery using rehab. Her incident happened in a "run down" at practice. She is on crutches.

Jourdyn Campbell had surgery in the summer on her knee; not an ACL. She is running on her knee but has a brace.

Did anyone ever say softball was for "Softies"???? You have to be fearless and tough to play this game. This team is "gritty", they give it their all, all of the time.

There is a game at McNeese on Nov. 6 at 2 p.m. Then, I think there will be a World Series type of event; Vermilion vs White on days following the McNeese game. I am not sure that that is still going to happen.

Nice accurate work.

6. Default Re: Softball vs LSU-E

Thanks Looney Lou, good stuff.

Sorry about the injuries, I hope they fully recover.

7. UL Softball Re: Softball vs LSU-E

“Samantha Graeter tore her MCL but will try to forego surgery using rehab. Her incident happened in a "run down" at practice. She is on crutches”

How often is rehab successful as opposed to surgery. I get the time thing, but whenever I hear rehab instead of surgery it seems to be a failure.

Default Re: Softball vs LSU-E

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    “Samantha Graeter tore her MCL but will try to forego surgery using rehab. Her incident happened in a "run down" at practice. She is on crutches”

How often is rehab successful as opposed to surgery. I get the time thing, but whenever I hear rehab instead of surgery it seems to be a failure.
    Sam will be ready to go by the spring.

Really nice job by Lou. Summed it up accurately. As lopsided as the score was, I think Glasco found some things for the players to work on. That's why teams have scrimmages against other teams.

The injury to Graeter is very unfortunate. She was killing it in fall ball. She hit a home run in the scrimmage against Northwestern, a home run in the scrimmage against McNeese and a home run in an inner squad scrimmage. She looked like a more powerful, much improved player than last year. I really hope she's ready for the beginning of the season and the injury does not affect her. I wish her the best. Sometimes I just scratch my head over all the injuries players on the team have experienced over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Really nice job by Lou. Summed it up accurately. As lopsided as the score was, I think Glasco found some things for the players to work on. That's why teams have scrimmages against other teams.

The injury to Graeter is very unfortunate. She was killing it in fall ball. She hit a home run in the scrimmage against Northwestern, a home run in the scrimmage against McNeese and a home run in an inner squad scrimmage. She looked like a more powerful, much improved player than last year. I really hope she's ready for the beginning of the season and the injury does not affect her. I wish her the best. Sometimes I just scratch my head over all the injuries players on the team have experienced over the last few years.
    If you decide to go Sunday let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Sam will be ready to go by the spring.
    Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    For anyone who is interested in individual performances; I can give three OUTSTANDING plays:
    Cecelia Vasquez at 2nd catches a grounder and flips it to Alexa Langeliers who just lands on 2nd base bag before the runner coming from first gets there.

(2) Victoria Valdez at catcher throws out a runner trying to steal second.

(3) Lauren Allred hits the only HOME RUN in 8 innings. Knocked into the scoreboard.
    All but Alexa are Freshmen.

Kandra Lamb has been out but returned to the pitching circle on Thursday. She has been out due to surgery on her ankle.

Meghan Schorman is in a walking boot. She broke her foot in late September in an academic building, stairs.

Tyler Oubre is still out in concussion protocol. She was injured in a practice backing up the catcher.

Samantha Graeter tore her MCL but will try to forego surgery using rehab. Her incident happened in a "run down" at practice. She is on crutches.

Jourdyn Campbell had surgery in the summer on her knee; not an ACL. She is running on her knee but has a brace.

Did anyone ever say softball was for "Softies"???? You have to be fearless and tough to play this game. This team is "gritty", they give it their all, all of the time.

There is a game at McNeese on Nov. 6 at 2 p.m. Then, I think there will be a World Series type of event; Vermilion vs White on days following the McNeese game. I am not sure that that is still going to happen.
    Also a big shout out to Kandra for calling all the pitches. Kandra and Sophie are true leaders, who stayed on the team the whole game.

13. Default Re: Softball vs LSU-E

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    The injury to Graeter is very unfortunate. She was killing it in fall ball. She hit a home run in the scrimmage against Northwestern, a home run in the scrimmage against McNeese and a home run in an inner squad scrimmage. She looked like a more powerful, much improved player than last year. I really hope she's ready for the beginning of the season and the injury does not affect her. I wish her the best.
    This. I was talking with a man whose daughter used to play at an SEC school and the one Cajun player he told me to keep my eye on this year was Graeter. He said she had made great improvements with her bat over the summer and that she was absolutely tearing the cover off of the ball this fall. And then this. You wonder if she should just have the surgery and take a red-shirt for the 2023 season. I will say that I was impressed with Piskos and her bat this past Sunday. She has to stay healthy for the Cajuns this year. Hayden also needs to stay healthy. She seems to have filled out and is more muscular and not as lean as I seem to remember her as being last year. Maybe see her as more of a power hitter than a slapper this year? Heath pitched great on Sunday. I thought I saw her hitting 70 a few times on the center field radar screen.

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    This. I was talking with a man whose daughter used to play at an SEC school and the one Cajun player he told me to keep my eye on this year was Graeter. He said she had made great improvements with her bat over the summer and that she was absolutely tearing the cover off of the ball this fall. And then this. You wonder if she should just have the surgery and take a red-shirt for the 2023 season. I will say that I was impressed with Piskos and her bat this past Sunday. She has to stay healthy for the Cajuns this year. Hayden also needs to stay healthy. She seems to have filled out and is more muscular and not as lean as I seem to remember her as being last year. Maybe see her as more of a power hitter than a slapper this year? Heath pitched great on Sunday. I thought I saw her hitting 70 a few times on the center field radar screen.
    I guess you were talking to Mark. LOL! Heath was topping out at 69. I have yet to see her hit 70. Still, 69 is very impressive. She also threw a couple of offspeed pitches at 53. I had not seen that from her previously. I have seen Landry hit 71 a number of times, followed by a 51 mph off speed pitch.

My sauce said Heath hit 71 on Sunday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information