Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CULTURE vs IDENTITY

Default CULTURE vs IDENTITY

When coach Des was hired, I was very vocal about my disappointment. I ranted and raved and got all the poison out. After about a week, I put it behind me because at the end of the day, I'm a Cajuns fan and it was time to move on and throw 100% of my support behind Coach.

As we all know, the big reason we were given was "to keep and maintain THE CULTURE." Well, it didn't take long for criticisms to start when Des decided to change up the living destinations for camp. Justified? Maybe, maybe not. There were other points of criticisms of the hire that continued when we weren't seeing our "Napier led teams" of the past. "I thought we kept him to maintain the culture!" "If he's not going to maintain the culture, we could've hired a bigger name!" Add whatever other sentiments that were uttered here as well. And I understood the criticisms.I did. Couldn't really argue. But again, gonna back the coach until he has time to do his thing.

Well, after our first few losses, with the biggest hurt being the one to the HOAX, and most were convinced we most definitely lost the CULTURE. But.low and behold, we come out and beat Marshall! "OK, ok.let's temper our enthusiasm, it's one game." Maybe it's a fluke. But wait! There's more! Then we beat Arky State! "OK, OK we didn't beat no P5!" No, we didn't. But still. We only won 2 games in a row, but that wasn't the takeaway. I don't think anyone can deny that over those 2 games, we were looking different. These young guys; the leftover talent that just didn't have the reps, were starting to find themselves. Hang on now.we were starting to find our identity. And then it hit me!

Our CULTURE and our IDENTITY are 2 different things. For whatever reason I lumped them together, and maybe some, or most of you did too. You can keep the CULTURE and lose your identity.or should I say, FIND YOUR NEW IDENTITY. And I think that's what we're seeing boys. Our CULTURE is still here. It never left. We're just finding our new identity with a new coach AND team. Like a snake shedding it's skin.it's still the same snake.just in a new skin. Our Coaches and team are starting to click. We are building a fresh new foundation on the same hallowed ground. And I don't know about you, but man, I'm excited about what new monster we are creating! Let's keep this in mind as we move forward this year. Cue the f____g "ITS HAPPENING" GIF! Throw up the "PAIN TRAIN" GIF! ChooChoo
    M-F'ers!!!

LETS GEAUXXXXXXXXX!

Default Re: CULTURE vs IDENTITY

You had a great call on the post game. Couldn’t agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    When coach Des was hired, I was very vocal about my disappointment. I ranted and raved and got all the poison out. After about a week, I put it behind me because at the end of the day, I'm a Cajuns fan and it was time to move on and throw 100% of my support behind Coach.

As we all know, the big reason we were given was "to keep and maintain THE CULTURE." Well, it didn't take long for criticisms to start when Des decided to change up the living destinations for camp. Justified? Maybe, maybe not. There were other points of criticisms of the hire that continued when we weren't seeing our "Napier led teams" of the past. "I thought we kept him to maintain the culture!" "If he's not going to maintain the culture, we could've hired a bigger name!" Add whatever other sentiments that were uttered here as well. And I understood the criticisms.I did. Couldn't really argue. But again, gonna back the coach until he has time to do his thing.

Well, after our first few losses, with the biggest hurt being the one to the HOAX, and most were convinced we most definitely lost the CULTURE. But.low and behold, we come out and beat Marshall! "OK, ok.let's temper our enthusiasm, it's one game." Maybe it's a fluke. But wait! There's more! Then we beat Arky State! "OK, OK we didn't beat no P5!" No, we didn't. But still. We only won 2 games in a row, but that wasn't the takeaway. I don't think anyone can deny that over those 2 games, we were looking different. These young guys; the leftover talent that just didn't have the reps, were starting to find themselves. Hang on now.we were starting to find our identity. And then it hit me!

Our CULTURE and our IDENTITY are 2 different things. For whatever reason I lumped them together, and maybe some, or most of you did too. You can keep the CULTURE and lose your identity.or should I say, FIND YOUR NEW IDENTITY. And I think that's what we're seeing boys. Our CULTURE is still here. It never left. We're just finding our new identity with a new coach AND team. Like a snake shedding it's skin.it's still the same snake.just in a new skin. Our Coaches and team are starting to click. We are building a fresh new foundation on the same hallowed ground. And I don't know about you, but man, I'm excited about what new monster we are creating! Let's keep this in mind as we move forward this year. Cue the f____g "ITS HAPPENING" GIF! Throw up the "PAIN TRAIN" GIF! ChooChoo
    M-F'ers!!!

LETS GEAUXXXXXXXXX!
    I'm down with dis Baw!!!

Geaux Louisiana! Cajuns Win Baby!

M-F'ers!!!

LETS GEAUXXXXXXXXX!
    Me and you spent a lot of time on the phone talking about the first two paragraphs of your post. Let get that W Thursday night and keep the train rolling. Excellent post.

6. Default Re: CULTURE vs IDENTITY

So now we know where you got all your material for this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So now we know where you got all your material for this.
    Does Vic get his material from Caviar, or does Caviar get his material from Vic?

8. Default Re: CULTURE vs IDENTITY

Does Vic get his material from Caviar, or does Caviar get his material from Vic?
    Without Vic, you would have no material . . .

M-F'ers!!!

LETS GEAUXXXXXXXXX!
    This was a JEWEL of a post!

Watch this weeks Culture video and you (well at least I am) are seeing this team, and coaching staff, growing into their new Identity.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    bump…

was surprised to see babb with some non covid post last few days, fifth booster locked and loaded in WH yesterday….
    what happened to the “just ragin” section anyhow?
    Click on forums in top left and it will bring you to the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Click on forums in top left and it will bring you to the threads.
    thanks. i know thats where is should be, but i havent been seeing it.
    seems off and on, i think i figured it out now,

appears that one can only see it when logged in??? is that so?

not a bad idea i suppose, but my login wont stay logged in for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    thanks. i know thats where is should be, but i havent been seeing it.
    seems off and on, i think i figured it out now,

appears that one can only see it when logged in??? is that so?

not a bad idea i suppose, but my login wont stay logged in for some reason.
    Click the “remember me” box next to login name/password

Great post!

I said this after the south Al loss but nobody wanted to hear it…well MAT did

M-F'ers!!!

LETS GEAUXXXXXXXXX!
    This is a great post, one of the best I've ever read on here. I think CMD had a much harder job to start this season than most on here recognized. Some serious performers at QB, OL, and RB had to be replaced by talented, but untested kids. No doubt there are some decisions he would probably like back from those first few games, but he sure seems to have them moving in the right direction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information