Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

1. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I did no such thing, not even close.

I simply pointed out they were as different as A-1 Sauce and Heinz-57

Which, if you weren't so cautious would have realized people CAN have very different tastes.

A-1/H-57
    This is more like a ribeye steak and round steak (aka bologna)

2. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This is more like a ribeye steak and round steak (aka bologna)
    Apples and Oranges

Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Sorry Mel Rock, who did you tick off to draw that assignment?
    Craig does all of his podcasts on a voluntary basis. He does it to support as many programs as possible. I was reluctant when he asked me to do this but figured some might find what I had to say interesting. I also did it on a voluntary basis, just as Ragin Dave does with his previews of football opponents.

4. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Craig does all of his podcasts on a voluntary basis. He does it to support as many programs as possible. I was reluctant when he asked me to do this but figured some might find what I had to say interesting. I also did it on a voluntary basis, just as Ragin Dave does with his previews of football opponents.
    Please consider doing it every week during basketball season.

I learned more today, than in the last two years.

Thank you.

I am not kin to Gerald. Last time I checked there were over 20000 Heberts in Louisiana. Not surprised I am not related to most.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Please consider doing it every week during basketball season.

I learned more today, than in the last two years.

Thank you.
    You are welcome. Can't promise it will be every week during basketball season but we will chat occasionally and probably won't go more than 2 weeks without a session. Although retired, I do coach a HS bowling team and that will be starting up soon.

Craig and I had fun recording this. I thank him for the opportunity. For those who listen, I apologize for losing my train of thought at times, interrupting Craig too often, and saying Ross Mouton when I meant to say Carter Domingue. Once real games start we may do this again and I hope to have a smoother delivery at that time. In the meantime I hope listeners appreciate the information we provided. Hopefully it is not too boring for you guys.
    I really enjoyed this. Mike can still school a lot of folks in their 20's, he can still play. Craig please keep bringing Mike back.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I really enjoyed this. Mike can still school a lot of folks in their 20's, he can still play. Craig please keep bringing Mike back.
    Thanks so much for the kind words. Yes, at almost 67 I still join in the pickup games at Reds and occasionally don't embarrass myself. Keeps me aware of what I really see that others may not when watching the sport.

Thanks so much for the kind words. Yes, at almost 67 I still join in the pickup games at Reds and occasionally don't embarrass myself. Keeps me aware of what I really see that others may not when watching the sport.
    You think you can get VObserver on the court with you????

Thanks, everyone, and yes, Mike is welcome back any time he has time to join me. He does a great job, and I enjoyed interviewing him very much. Outside of here, I also received several texts about the podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Thanks, everyone, and yes, Mike is welcome back any time he has time to join me. He does a great job, and I enjoyed interviewing him very much. Outside of here, I also received several texts about the podcast.
    Get you an expert for every sport and you will be rolling. For the record I love Dave's in depth football breakdowns.

I'm sure you had some great takes. I very much enjoy hearing you on the radio as well as reading your posts. I respect you as a fan & supporter of the program more than you know. But it's basketball. Men's basketball, as in Bob Marley men's basketball. I'd rather take a beating than have to say something nice myself. It's gonna be a real shame if they win 26 games in front of an average crowd of 200 people a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I'm sure you had some great takes. I very much enjoy hearing you on the radio as well as reading your posts. I respect you as a fan & supporter of the program more than you know. But it's basketball. Men's basketball, as in Bob Marley men's basketball. I'd rather take a beating than have to say something nice myself. It's gonna be a real shame if they win 26 games in front of an average crowd of 200 people a game.
    Marlin not Marley.

14. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Marlin not Marley.
    A lot of people have jokingly called him Bob Marley. Especially since those trips to the Caribbean

Thank you both for doing it (and thnks to RaginDave for his podcasts as well). Your information was insightful and very welcomed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information