Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: UL vs. Southern Miss pregame

1. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You think they fly commercial? And nothing can go wrong on busses? Break downs? Wrecks, traffic, flat tires, overflowing ____er
    Those are if if if concerns. Are you afraid of your shadow?

2. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Only when it points towards the light . . .

Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

Much more valid ifs than fans not knowing they can drive to Mississippi bc the team flew there.

4. Ragin' Cajuns Football: Game 8 Preview: at Southern Miss

Louisiana football looks to extend its winning streak as the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Southern Miss on Thursday for a 6:30 p.m. kick.

Homes SO Clean

5. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

Much more valid ifs than fans not knowing they can drive to Mississippi bc the team flew there.
    That is a good point but it still sends the lazy outsourcing message.

As inconsistent as the message is, it does match the no alumni bus on a weekday message. So they are consistent on that front.

USM canceling school on Thursday sends the right message for growth.

That is a good point but it still sends the lazy outsourcing message.

As inconsistent as the message is, it does match the no alumni bus on a weekday message. So they are consistent on that front.

USM canceling school on Thursday sends the right message for growth.
    We used to complain that were so broke that we had to bus everywhere, now it’s a problem that we can fly to Hattiesburg.

USM should have cancelled classes Friday, not Thursday …that sends the right message. The students are taking advantage tonight, not tomorrow

7. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

We used to complain that were so broke that we had to bus everywhere, now it’s a problem that we can fly to Hattiesburg.

USM should have cancelled classes Friday, not Thursday …that sends the right message. The students are taking advantage tonight, not tomorrow
    Bussing to Florida was a different matter. This is a hop skip and a jump.

Bussing to Florida was a different matter. This is a hop skip and a jump.
    So you are going? Taking a greyhound? Why does anyone fly out of Lafayette when they could just hop skip and jump to New Orleans or houston?

So you are going? Taking a greyhound? Why does anyone fly out of Lafayette when they could just hop skip and jump to New Orleans or houston?
    To support the local economy and convenience.

10. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

This is a big game for both schools. The winner is still in the hunt and the loser is done as a contender. But people aren’t driving to Hattiesburg from Lafayette on a midweek game. Fly, bus, train, or drive. So the team flying sends zero message to the typical fan who might drive to a Saturday game.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    To support the local economy and convenience.
    Convenience…same reason the team flies.

12. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

Two different topics.

1) I never said any fan should go, I'm only refering to the schizophrenic message.

2) Because Lafayette doesn't have direct flights to virtually everywhere and those places do. So you fly there so as to avoid a mishmash of travelogistics.

Two different topics.

1) I never said any fan should go, I'm only refering to the schizophrenic message.

2) Because Lafayette doesn't have direct flights to virtually everywhere and those places do. So you fly there so as to avoid a mishmash of travelogistics.
    1) because you drive somewhere you expect the team to drive? Makes zero sense

2 But you could just drive to Houston or New Orleans and catch the same flight or even take a bus right? But isn’t it nice when you fly home and you are in Lafayette? And don’t have to Hop skip and jump 3.5 hours from Houston? And that’s not after playing a football game.

14. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

1) because you drive somewhere you expect the team to drive? Makes zero sense

2 But you could just drive to Houston or New Orleans and catch the same flight or even take a bus right? But isn’t it nice when you fly home and you are in Lafayette? And don’t have to Hop skip and jump 3.5 hours from Houston? And that’s not after playing a football game.
    1) That is 100% not what I'm saying.

2) If Hattiesburg were a flight change on their way to ODU, I,would recommend flying out of Lafayette.

If Hattiesburg is the destination I recommend driving. Even more so if I happened to be a passive passenger.

1) That is 100% not what I'm saying.

2) If Hattiesburg were a flight change on their way to ODU, I,would recommend flying out of Lafayette.

If Hattiesburg is the destination I recommend driving. Even more so if I happened to be a passive passenger.
    If driving a 100 people To Hattiesburg is easier than flying them, you drive them no matter what.

I would drive too but not with a 100 people.

Flying allows them to get back for class Friday

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information