Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: UL vs. Southern Miss pregame

Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

USM has a solid defense but so do we. I also think our offense is a little bit better all around.

Advantage: Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    USM has a solid defense but so do we. I also think our offense is a little bit better all around.

Not a lot of talk about the game on here. People just batching about other stuff as always. Anyway I think this will be a slugfest. Can’t wait to make the trip to Hattiesburg. I haven’t been since 96 the week after we beat A&M. Wasn’t a pleasant trip. Hopefully this one will be much better.

3. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

USM was playing better under qb Ty Keyes who is now out for the season. Zach Wilckie is now the qb and has been a little bit of a turnover machine. He has 7 TDS and 8 INTs as a team they have turned it over a total of 17 times 11 ints and 6 fumbles. Couple that with a team that struggles on offense against a team that forces a lot of turnovers and that as that is a bad recipe.

Their defense is very salty though and could give us issues.

Field position, special teams, and as mentioned,turnovers will decide game...thats the norm when 2 good defenses face each other...btw, $6 seats in the upper deck are being sold...

This will be my first trip to Hattiesburg, and I'm fired up about it. I anticipate a low scoring game somewhere along the lines of 21-17 Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Not a lot of talk about the game on here. People just batching about other stuff as always. Anyway I think this will be a slugfest. Can’t wait to make the trip to Hattiesburg. I haven’t been since 96 the week after we beat A&M. Wasn’t a pleasant trip. Hopefully this one will be much better.
    I was at that game as well. As a 7 year old, the cannon over there firing after every score had me covering my ears quite frequently.

7. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

Comes down to who do you trust? Do you trust this defense? (I do) Do you trust Ben Wooldridge? (I do) Do you trust this special teams unit? (TBD, but after Thurs, We'll have our answer)

Shout out to SlickRick and M$M who both said Ben was the guy months before Ben ended up being the guy. I trust Ben to not make big mistakes, throw it away when there's nothing to be gained, or just take what the defense gives him. I think we're a nightmare matchup for their offense. If we control field position, like we have many times this year, I think we win going away...

8. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    This will be my first trip to Hattiesburg, and I'm fired up about it. I anticipate a low scoring game somewhere along the lines of 21-17 Cajuns.
    You and fan must have knowledge of our yet to be posted podcast.

I actually predicted 24-10 Cajuns. But I do believe this will be a low scoring game and turnovers are going to be the key. We have to protect the ball and they have a tendency to turn it over.

Oh for those making the trip, it is a blackout game for USM. Wear your red or white.

I was at that game as well. As a 7 year old, the cannon over there firing after every score had me covering my ears quite frequently.
    You going Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Fired up!! Let’s get it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    You going Thursday?
    Wish I could. If it were a Saturday game, then I probably would've gone. But for this game, I will be yelling at my TV from the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    USM was playing better under qb Ty Keyes who is now out for the season. Zach Wilckie is now the qb and has been a little bit of a turnover machine. He has 7 TDS and 8 INTs as a team they have turned it over a total of 17 times 11 ints and 6 fumbles. Couple that with a team that struggles on offense against a team that forces a lot of turnovers and that as that is a bad recipe.

Their defense is very salty though and could give us issues.
    Jay said their defense was better than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Jay said their defense was better than ours.
    I'd love to know why Jay thinks that. The data suggests otherwise. He is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I'd love to know why Jay thinks that. The data suggests otherwise. He is wrong.
    He’s not wrong. Jay is never wrong. Neither is Willis and neither BoP. You buffoon

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information