Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: UL vs. Southern Miss pregame

Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    1) because you drive somewhere you expect the team to drive? Makes zero sense

2 But you could just drive to Houston or New Orleans and catch the same flight or even take a bus right? But isn’t it nice when you fly home and you are in Lafayette? And don’t have to Hop skip and jump 3.5 hours from Houston? And that’s not after playing a football game.
    When you fly to Houston, you are actually flying to Houston, Not Beaumont then boarding a bus to go to Houston. You see the difference?

Default Re: Is anyone going straight to the game & coming straight back?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Did y'all pull the camper up there?
    Naw. Road trips we burn the city down and sneek out. Let's effen Geaux

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Honest question: what percent of our student body and what percent of Acadiana do y’all think even realizes there’s a game tonight?
    Never ask a question you don't want to know the answer to.

How do you know charter flights aren’t covered by a Specific donor/donors? Not all donations go to the general budget. There are general funds and then there are certain things that are specifically covered by donors. When giving to RCAF it’s separated that way also by general fund and by sport.
    That would mean we sought a donation for it.

I’m not completely against the travel plans given the purpose is to get back quicker. I just think it’s reasonable to question things. Under a cost benefit analysis, is it worth it to spend money on charter to get athletes back earlier. It’s not an unreasonable ask.

Places in Houston where one might find other Cajun fans watching the game?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Places in Houston where one might find other Cajun fans watching the game?
    Nothing official, but I’m sure there are places

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Naw. Road trips we burn the city down and sneek out. Let's effen Geaux
    If I wasn't getting so old I would hop in the truck & take off right now. Where I'm at is actually 156 miles from the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Nothing official, but I’m sure there are places
    I mean this with no disrespect but you might as well have said nothing haha

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I mean this with no disrespect but you might as well have said nothing haha
    Well I guess I should type a little better then:

There is no official watch party that I know of, but I’m sure there will be fans gathering in various bars. Not much else on tonight other Thursday night football.

If anyone wants to meet up south of the city, I’d be game.

Honest question: what percent of our student body and what percent of Acadiana do y’all think even realizes there’s a game tonight?
    Need to put something like this in the quad or intersection of St. Mary and Rex on gamedays:

Velcro dem sport icons and TV words on and off dat.

11. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

Student body 15%

Greater Acadiana, less than 1%

12. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

How do you know charter flights aren’t covered by a Specific donor/donors? Not all donations go to the general budget. There are general funds and then there are certain things that are specifically covered by donors. When giving to RCAF it’s separated that way also by general fund and by sport.
    I know this for a fact because I help Hud raise money for one. Specific donors do in fact pick up the tab for specific trips. Maybe not in all situations, but for special cases (like mid week games) donors step up and foot the bill.

13. Default Re: UL vs. Southern Miss

The pod has grown to a point where we can really use numbers to see real life patterns. We see the same couple hundred people driving the bus on the excitement around Cajuns football. Very rarely do we see new names, a big speak in numbers or different people participating on social sites when the game is not nationally relevant; and even then, it's mostly the same folks. We're not growing the base.

I thought this game would be different because of this history with USM. But that was assuming the university would PROMOTE the history of the two programs! It's so infuriating how we continually drop the ball when its so painfully obvious what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    If I wasn't getting so old I would hop in the truck & take off right now. Where I'm at is actually 156 miles from the stadium.
    No excuses queenie

Take no prisoners!

GEAUX CAJUNS

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information