Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

4 or 6 is irrelevant (except for T, sorry bout that). What is relevant is making the entire experience from tailgaiting to the game the cool thing to do in Lafayette. And it starts with restoring the mojo to tailgaiting. That’s job one.

2. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

I want the Ragin Review to invite Dr. Savioe to the Podcast. I would like to hear his answers to all of the questions that have been asked.

Last edited by Lafitte the Pirate; October 25th, 2022 at 12:04 pm. Reason: Spelling

3. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It is. But I'll double down on my comment from the postgame show. While LSU&A&MC has been spending millions indoctrinating the residents of Louisiana on Tiggah football, Louisiana Athletics has done the opposite. They've given alumni, Acadians and casual fans absolutely no reason to continue to support the university or it's sports teams.

Do fans deserve blame? Sure. But the ultimate blame lies at the feet of the people in charge for the last 30-40 years.
    We need a new type donor. There would be huge academic dollars for increased attendance and RCAF growth. Additional dollars to deans and professors for football, basketball, and other sports championships.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We need a new type donor. There would be huge academic dollars for increased attendance and RCAF growth. Additional dollars to deans and professors for football, basketball, and other sports championships.
    Can you explain your words.

Let's be real RCAF isn't growing younger members because they don't see a benefit in joining. I have been RCAF member since I graduated in 2014 but back then they used to at least give parking passes for free and would give out more free stuff than they do now. Now you donate to get the ability to purchase a parking pass versus just parking across the street for free. It's like pulling toes to get the RCAF to take your money sometimes. How hard would it be to have ads on Facebook, Instagram where you click and you can donate via an easy option like venmo or something similar. Maybe up the benefits of the $100 level or make them clearer.

6. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You are not wrong, but diehards look at it through the lens of going to every game being a given. So great weather is the best option for attendance. That is only true if you are already going.

Great weather is not an attraction when all you are going to do is passively sit and nod from left to right.

If I'm not mistaken Esqueleto is the kind of fan who will attend every game, everywhere, no matter how bad the weather, no matter what time of day or night. So yeah he will appreciate perfect weather after seeing the lighting delays UL has gone through.

But the never been to a game or the one game a year crowd don't think that way.
    I’m more with Turbine here.
    First thing is inconsistent game time will always have a negative impact. How big a negative is the question.

Second thing is family functions happen mostly between 10-4. Daddies and mommies value their kids weekends more than than football. So yeah in general more are available at six than earlier.

We’re talking about casual fans not die hards. There’s about 15K who might be diehards.

7. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Can you explain your words.
    Well if I were the UL equivalent of TBoone Pickens I’d of course donate to athletics with little demands except the coaches can’t just go on and on without actually accomplishing what Maggard claims he wants. Bob Marlin is the prime example of winning just enough to not get fired.

Now as I said TJoe and the academic side would be eligible for additional dollars provided. Increased attendance, increased student body participation, Grow the RCAF more like TAF than the Ragin’Cajun Club.

Essentially incentivize the eggheads to actually support athletics. We have a great example of that with Doc Mark Zappi for the college of engineering. Of course he didn’t need incentives to do the right thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information