Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

1. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    OMG, stop! The people that don't support UL at 4 won't support them at 6.
    The walk up crowd is killed off with 4pm starts.

The walk up crowd is people looking for something to do and when the weather is nice and sunny they have a million choices.

Louisiana Football becomes the #1 choice after dark.

A difference of about 3,000 people with unlimited potential for growth.

2. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The walk up crowd is killed off with 4pm starts.

The walk up crowd is people looking for something to do and when the weather is nice and sunny they have a million choices.

Louisiana Football becomes the #1 choice after dark.

A difference of about 3,000 people with unlimited potential for growth.
    If that hard data suggests that, I'd be willing to listen. But I find it hard to believe more people show up at 6:00 than at 4:00 just because of "options." There aren't many options outside of bars and restaurants for the average family living in Acadiana.

People stay away from CF because they've been conditioned to.

3. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If that hard data suggests that, I'd be willing to listen. But I find it hard to believe more people show up at 6:00 than at 4:00 just because of "options." There aren't many options outside of bars and restaurants for the average family living in Acadiana.

You are not wrong, but diehards look at it through the lens of going to every game being a given. So great weather is the best option for attendance. That is only true if you are already going.

Great weather is not an attraction when all you are going to do is passively sit and nod from left to right.

If I'm not mistaken Esqueleto is the kind of fan who will attend every game, everywhere, no matter how bad the weather, no matter what time of day or night. So yeah he will appreciate perfect weather after seeing the lighting delays UL has gone through.

But the never been to a game or the one game a year crowd don't think that way.

4. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Great podcast! I feel that the coaches are growing and getting better. Making the players better. Also having one QB helps. This is Big Ben’s team at this point.

Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Turbine, if you were talking about an 11 Am, or noon start I could see your point. But 4 PM is an outstanding time to come out & enjoy a game. In fact, I have no problem with any time between 2:30 & 6 PM. After that it becomes a chore driving home, especially if you live 50-100 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

I wanted to tell you, I was at the gate when it opened Saturday. I did some recon work & checked out the areas to the south where I had never been before just to see the facilities. They were nice. The ticket takers were quick & cordial & there was an older more experienced sheriff's deputy at the NW end zone who when the line started to get a little deep had the people with paper stubs get into two lines & everyone else stay in the same lines & they just tore the stubs. It immediately relieved the line at the gate. There were more people to serve food than there was buying food for the most part. And the music wasn't so loud it would bust your ear drums.

They have pretty much addressed all they were able to without spending more money. Let's face it stadium food is never going to be as good as tail gating food, or home cooking. But the jambalaya looked pretty delicious although I was full from another Old tyme poboy. They still haven't bothered to put up an extra gate on the corner across the street by the Northwest entrance to the stadium.

But having been to the place across the river, I can tell you UL is a way more laid back fun lace to watch a game. The prices are astronomically cheaper. The entertainment value is just as good. The only thing this stadium really needs is a better replay screen & sound system. Other than that, marketing marketing, marketing!

7. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Turbine, if you were talking about an 11 Am, or noon start I could see your point. But 4 PM is an outstanding time to come out & enjoy a game. In fact, I have no problem with any time between 2:30 & 6 PM. After that it becomes a chore driving home, especially if you live 50-100 miles away.
    4pm is an awesome time to go to a game . if you are going to the game no matter what.

I've seen the second half of a lot of 4pm games but I have never been to a 4pm game start-to-finish.

I've been to a midweek game that started at 9pm and yes that was a chore afterwards.

Louisiana Saturday Nights always has the best attendance.

4pm is an awesome time to go to a game . if you are going to the game no matter what.

I've seen the second half of a lot of 4pm games but I have never been to a 4pm game start-to-finish.

I've been to a midweek game that started at 9pm and yes that was a chore afterwards.
    So what you're saying is you have to work on Saturday at 4 PM. would this be correct?

9. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So what you're saying is you have to work on Saturday at 4 PM. would this be correct?
    As usual, you are correct.

Louisiana Saturday Nights always has the best attendance.
    That is not necessarily true. Numbers 4,6,7,8,9 and 12 in all time attendance were all afternoon games. 1,2,3, and 5 the visitors brought more people than any of the previous mentioned afternoon games. The Saturday night thing is a myth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajun_Field

11. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    That is not necessarily true. Numbers 4,6,7,8,9 and 12 in all time attendance were all afternoon games. 1,2,3, and 5 the visitors brought more people than any of the previous mentioned afternoon games. The Saturday night thing is a myth.

Don't try to confuse me with the facts.

12. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post

Thanks for posting the data. At no point did I get the feeling that 6 and 4 are all that different.

If I'm not mistaken Esqueleto is the kind of fan who will attend every game, everywhere, no matter how bad the weather, no matter what time of day or night. So yeah he will appreciate perfect weather after seeing the lighting delays UL has gone through.

But the never been to a game or the one game a year crowd don't think that way.
    Esqueleto is a great UL fan.

14. Default Re: Ragin Review Postgame: stAte Redwolves

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Esqueleto is a great UL fan.
    I know.

I don't think he has missed a game in years. Home and away.

So it can be said that time and date is almost irrelevant to him.

I know.

I don't think he has missed a game in years. Home and away.

So it can be said that time and date is almost irrelevant to him.
    He has missed a few, but not much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information