Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Arkansas State: PostGame

Default Re: So Ben Wooldridge had 5 TDs & 0ver 300 yards of passing:

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Game 2 of the season Ben tried to tell everyone who he was.

Long of 55

12 of 13

2 touchdowns

Zero interceptions
    Small sample size. You're such a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Would love to know more about how Napier got Ben to transfer to UL. Remindes me of "Sunshine" Ron Bass from Remember the Titans.California to Virgina. Sunshine Ben.

BTW, there is indeed a Sunshine Ron Bass.I worked with him in South Carolina. He hates that Sunshine name.played college ball and set records at USC.
    His mother is from the NOLA area. He has family here in La. So he was very familiar with the school.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    His mother is from the NOLA area. He has family here in La. So he was very familiar with the school.
    Should be part of his storydidn't know that, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    It's all a guess when you're just a fan. But I would guess that your guess is a pretty good guess. Here's something else I've observed as a novice fan. Some guys are great starters. IOW you give them script of 15, or 20 plays to study & they get that script & play it over & over in their minds & come out like gang busters. Andy Dalton is that guy. Of course that is only a guess, but again, just guessing, When I've seen Chandler, until the USA when his wing was dinged, he reminded me of that guy.

Ben isn't that guy. Ben is the guy who takes a couple of series to get wound up. From what I've observed over the past 50 something years, some guys, especially the bigger stronger guys take a couple, to a few series to get settled down. They come int to the game super amped & they tend to overthrow guys like Ben did on that first bomb he threw the other night. It is just the way they are wired. Brett Favre was that guy. Ben Rothlessberger was that guy. And if you're gonna hurt em, or get in their head, you best do it in the first couple of series. Because when they get settled in & start getting traction, then it's woe be unto you. They're just that good. But once again, that is just a wild ass guess.

So, even if you have a 2 QB tryout, or want to run that type of system, it's way more beneficial in this unlearned untrained fan's opinion to at least give each guy a half to be able to evaluate what he does on & off script. What he can do coming in cold & what he can do once he gets into the flow of the game. In this fan's opinion, it would seem that giving each QB a COMPLETE opportunity to prove himself in all of those situations, not only gives him, but gives the coaches, the guys on the team & LEAST of all we the fans the chance to see each guy with a much more complete body of work. That's just my guess.
    That first long ball he threw to Jefferson was down wind and the wind was a blowing too! Jefferson ran a beautiful post-corner route and had 2-3 steps on the defenseshame it was not completed, but not always tricky to throw long in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    It's all a guess when you're just a fan. But I would guess that your guess is a pretty good guess. Here's something else I've observed as a novice fan. Some guys are great starters. IOW you give them script of 15, or 20 plays to study & they get that script & play it over & over in their minds & come out like gang busters. Andy Dalton is that guy. Of course that is only a guess, but again, just guessing, When I've seen Chandler, until the USA when his wing was dinged, he reminded me of that guy.

Ben isn't that guy. Ben is the guy who takes a couple of series to get wound up. From what I've observed over the past 50 something years, some guys, especially the bigger stronger guys take a couple, to a few series to get settled down. They come int to the game super amped & they tend to overthrow guys like Ben did on that first bomb he threw the other night. It is just the way they are wired. Brett Favre was that guy. Ben Rothlessberger was that guy. And if you're gonna hurt em, or get in their head, you best do it in the first couple of series. Because when they get settled in & start getting traction, then it's woe be unto you. They're just that good. But once again, that is just a wild ass guess.

So, even if you have a 2 QB tryout, or want to run that type of system, it's way more beneficial in this unlearned untrained fan's opinion to at least give each guy a half to be able to evaluate what he does on & off script. What he can do coming in cold & what he can do once he gets into the flow of the game. In this fan's opinion, it would seem that giving each QB a COMPLETE opportunity to prove himself in all of those situations, not only gives him, but gives the coaches, the guys on the team & LEAST of all we the fans the chance to see each guy with a much more complete body of work. That's just my guess.
    He will play 2 QBs when CF is healthy and don’t give a crap about what people say. He knows what’s best for his team. Here listen for yourself. He kind of sounds like mr walker berating those that buy the tickets and pay the bills.

https://1033thegoat.com/podcast/popu.yertype=player

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    He will play 2 QBs when CF is healthy and don’t give a crap about what people say. He knows what’s best for his team. Here listen for yourself. He kind of sounds like mr walker berating those that buy the tickets and pay the bills.

https://1033thegoat.com/podcast/popu.yertype=player
    I heard him say that this morning. I take it with a grain of salt. He’s smart enough to know his team is rolling and he’s not gonna mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I heard him say that this morning. I take it with a grain of salt. He’s smart enough to know his team is rolling and he’s not gonna mess with it.
    What’s going to probably happen with a 2 qb system is one or both will hang up the cleats come the end of the season.

8. Default Re: So Ben Wooldridge had 5 TDs & 0ver 300 yards of passing:

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I hope we don't ever need Chriss due to injury or something and lose a red shirt by one game.
    …,.For the talented there are no more Red shirt years……there are NIL years….if they show the ability in just 4 games, they are gone, and not our man for the next 4 years…damn, I hate this!

Why in the living ____ would he go back to a 2QB system? Ben is the SBC Player of the Week for christ sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Why in the living ____ would he go back to a 2QB system? Ben is the SBC Player of the Week for christ sake!
    From what I understood from his interview with Scott this morning was that Ben would be the guy again Thursday

11. Default Re: So Ben Wooldridge had 5 TDs & 0ver 300 yards of passing:

History, history, history . . . When history repeats itself, we will see another QB. If history does not repeat itself, we will have Ben . . .

12. Default Re: So Ben Wooldridge had 5 TDs & 0ver 300 yards of passing:

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    History, history, history . . . When history repeats itself, we will see another QB. If history does not repeat itself, we will have Ben . . .
    I think you have all the safe routes covered on this one.

13. Default Re: So Ben Wooldridge had 5 TDs & 0ver 300 yards of passing:

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think you have all the safe routes covered on this one.
    I have not waivered since the beginning. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    From what I understood from his interview with Scott this morning was that Ben would be the guy again Thursday
    That is good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I have not waivered since the beginning. Check it out.
    That's a hoot. You never waiver. You just revise history as well as the narrative any time it becomes inconvenient.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information