Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mascot Musings

1. Default Mascot Musings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillie_Phanatic

This guy is awesome. Sometimes it’s just simple and easy . . .

Default Re: Mascot

I think I have an idea: so we obviously want a mascot who can represent Louisiana well, right? Well how about we have our mascot be a costume that looks like Clifton Chenier? His name could be King Clifton. I think some of the longtime Acadiana natives would like that!

3. Default Re: Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    I think I have an idea: so we obviously want a mascot who can represent Louisiana well, right? Well how about we have our mascot be a costume that looks like Clifton Chenier? His name could be King Clifton. I think some of the longtime Acadiana natives would like that!
    Poo poo would be better than that

4. Default Re: Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Sponsored by a local orthodontist

5. Default Re: Mascot

He doesn’t have to smile

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Thoughtful and imaginative!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Carmex corporate sponsorship just sitting there for the taking.

Hot Boudin!
    Cold Cush-Cush!
    Come on Cajuns!
    Mais wait! My lips are chap-chap..

Still like that gator idea last thread. Put an old-style inflatable Hitachi rice cooker in the corner of the endzone (sponsored by Hitachi) and have some waist-up costumes for sausage, celery, onion, bell pepper, and the Cajun chicken to let fans dress up as and race to the pot during a commercial break or halftime for a prize. Similar to how Milwaukee Brewers do the sausage race.

Put a chef hat on the gator and he can be at the finish line.

I had a work video call today with a potential supplier. I saw in his background that he had a bunch of KU Jayhawks pictures behind him. I was wearing my UL gear and we started talking sports.

Turns out he was the trainer for the Ku mascot. Baby Jay I guess.

I thought it was cool and he started throwing recent events he’d been a part of. National championship in basketball last year. He said he was still recovering from game day last Saturday.

KU got their rings for BBall tonight. He got one.

I tell that story to say this. I’ll coach a mascot if I get a ring. Even a Sunbelt championship. Can we get someone to even be a mascot?

I think if you pump that up for a game. “We will announce the UL mascot!” You draw so many more people to whatever event you’re promoting.

10. Default Re: Mascot

We need to just get one . . . Gator . . . Fanatic . . . Poo Poo . . . Clifton . . . Chicken . . . just something. It’s fricken time . . .

Moss Man….heck, even Koolaid man…something please.

12. Default Re: Mascot

Here is a colorful Clifton

Attached Images Attached Images  

I still say Troy Landry from Swamp People and he can shoot his shotgun after we score

Oh I got another one I looked up Cajun Folklore. Here is what I got we can have a fairy. Call her LeFeuFollet

The legend of Le Feu Follet.

Lauren Tucker/Flickr
    Also known as the Cajun Fairy, it appears as a phosphorescent ball of fire in the swamps and marshlands of Louisiana. While it can sometimes take the forms of loved ones, it is also said to have a devilish version which also takes the form of a ball of light. Its goal is to confuse those who follow the light until they become lost in the swamps, eventually drowning. So if you ever find yourself in a swamp at night, maybe don’t follow the light, ok?

They got some good ones. How about The Grunch!!??

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/loui...itions-la/amp/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information