Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mascot Musings

Default Re: Mascot

Personally I really like the Rougarou! I think if you make him cartoonish with big red and white stripped overalls! I think it is easily recognizable, and it would be different just do a wolf outfit!

Name:  96D1E82D-3A46-44A5-A93C-8C101F2F2D5D.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  86.8 KB

2. Default Re: Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Personally I really like the Rougarou! I think if you make him cartoonish with big red and white stripped overalls! I think it is easily recognizable, and it would be different just do a wolf outfit!

Name:  96D1E82D-3A46-44A5-A93C-8C101F2F2D5D.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  86.8 KB
    You just need something like this. You think anyone knew what the Fanatic was before it first appeared in Philly? You think anyone knew what the Chicken was before it appeared at USL. We need some bigger than life character in a suit with an ambitious wearer. It will make a name for itself and we will have a mascot. We need to JUST DO SOMETHING

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

If you paint the dog you no longer have a Catahoula, you just have a painted dog.
    You can find certain bloodlines of Catahoula that show close to red and white coats if you want, but the dog color is irrelevant. The TAMU and Tennessee mascot dogs are nowhere near their school’s colors.

When your nickname is a group of people, your mascot is either a physical representation of them like Cajun Man or ND’s leprechaun or a background figure that further defines who you are as an institution like a State Dog.

A spirit leader can be your mascot or just be another background figure. It can be anything, like WKU’s blood clot.

I like the State Dog because it bolsters our claim as UL. The Catahoula’s history is the history of our state. We are a Gumbo of different influences, just like the Catahoula. It is well known for its bravery and loyalty. I would be proud to tell this story to anyone. Not difficult at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You just need something like this. You think anyone knew what the Fanatic was before it first appeared in Philly? You think anyone knew what the Chicken was before it appeared at USL. We need some bigger than life character in a suit with an ambitious wearer. It will make a name for itself and we will have a mascot. We need to JUST DO SOMETHING
    Well, "just doing something" got us Cayenne the creepy flaming dildo. Children were terrified of that s__t!

5. Default Re: Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Well, "just doing something" got us Cayenne the creepy flaming dildo. Children were terrified of that s__t!
    If they would not have gone with the flaming . . . equity never works . . . even with a pepper

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    He brings back a lot of nostalgia, but when I was a toddler, I remember going to a basketball game and he tried to give me a high five but I was too scared LOL. Eventually I started to like him as I got older tho.

7. Default Re: Mascot Musings

Speaking of things needing explaining didn’t Ole Miss get a shark when they let Johnny Reb retire? What’s dat about

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information