Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Marshall Victory Review

Default Re: Observations After Studying the Win Over Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I knew Kevin & Robert were going to go as far as they wanted. There was a banner couple of years for O. linemen everywhere in this state. But Kevin, Robert & Kenneth Marks were all really special players, as was Max obviously. Of course the new facility had a lot to do with all of those guys development as well. But this group of guys is not nearly as bad as they are being made to look. They just need simple blocking adjustments made & assignments they can handle. As a coach it seems it would be imperative to make these adjustments to magnify the strengths of these players & not ask them to continually manifest their weaknesses. Who knows? Maybe I'm completely wrong & this new math technique will just become 2nd nature & the light bulb will just pop on between the past weeks & next week. But I wouldn't put my money on that happening.
    How did the new facility have anything to do with those guys development?

2. Default Re: Observations After Studying the Win Over Marshall

Always the sand fly at the beach Huh Vic?
    ……Hey BWK…love your posts…nobody gets it 100% but your observations Are good……I get crazy over clock control and just couldn’t believe the Fla last drive of the first half…..anybody might can explain CBN’s thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I could like you, allot, but it all has to do with you . . .
    I didn't ask the question that made it about me. In fact, I started to evade the question because it has nothing to do with the issue at hand. The poster knew good & well what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    It had a ton to do with their physical development. But it was up to them to challenge each other & themselves individually. But make no mistake, the reason this school can compete for recruits the way it does now Vs. before the new facilities is a world better.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    No bait, just a question...
    But, draw your own conclusions..
    Why that question? Why not ask me what I think I'm seeing that is so easily fixable, but isn't getting fixed? If you want to challenge my criticism of the reason for bad scheming, I welcome that. I would welcome sitting down with any of the coaches to explain what I'm seeing & why continuing to attempt the same execution of the blocking scheme is going to be futile going forward, but simple easy changes can be made to make these guys look like they were shot out of a cannon. And it will allow them the opportunity to control the LOS. Football is a simple kid's game made difficult by the ego of adults.

It had a ton to do with their physical development. But it was up to them to challenge each other & themselves individually. But make no mistake, the reason this school can compete for recruits the way it does now Vs. before the new facilities is a world better.
    I am talking about physical development (your words) not talking about recruiting advantages.

I'm not sure what BWK's angle is but the nutritional side of things would definitely factor into development especially for linemen when it comes to gaining muscle and losing bodyfat. There is now a dedicated cafeteria and nutrition stations (at the complex) for athletes as well as a full nutrition staff.

In the past, athletes would be eating whatever crap (pizza, hamburgers etc) that was available to the general student population in the student union. Logistics aside, it wasn't a good setup

8. Default Re: Observations After Studying the Win Over Marshall

I am talking about physical development (your words) not talking about recruiting advantages.
    Win/Win

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I'm not sure what BWK's angle is but the nutritional side of things would definitely factor into development especially for linemen when it comes to gaining muscle and losing bodyfat. There is now a dedicated cafeteria and nutrition stations (at the complex) for athletes as well as a full nutrition staff.

In the past, athletes would be eating whatever crap (pizza, hamburgers etc) that was available to the general student population in the student union. Logistics aside, it wasn't a good setup
    What he said & more.

The new facility was built specifically for the development of athletes. It has one of the best weight rooms in the country. Much more conducive for developing athletes than the previous. They have nutrition centers now and full time dieticians monitoring the athletes weight gain and muscle mass to build the right body type for that position. It also has hot tubs and walk in cold plunge for healing and quick recovery of the student athletes. That building has enhanced the development tremendously of all the athletes who use it compared to what we had before.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information