Thread: Team MVPs vs Marshall

1. UL Football Team MVPs vs Marshall

Special Teams- Kenneth Almendares. What a night 3 for 3 on FG including one over 40 and one over 50 and perfect on XP. Great night.

Offense — Ben Wooldridge was not great but good when he needed to be. Made plays with his legs and kept us moving on some long sustained drives. Considering he is technically 2nd string and playing a very good defense. He gave us what he needed to win.

Defense — The entire defense. Nuff said. DL was great, LB was great and DB’s were great. Some silly mistakes/penalties but outside of that really good performance.

Honorable mention — Michael Jefferson made big plays when he needed to and was the best WR in the building.

OL their pass pro was the best it has been all season. Struggled in run protection. But in pass pro Ben had time all night to survey the field.

Lamar Morgan. Had his boys ready to play.

Halftime adjustments — I expected Marshall to come in out and blast us in the 2nd half and they did not. We were by far the better team for most of the night but specifically in the 2nd half.

Weather — Not sure how CMD does it but we need we are there delays in every game.

2. Default Re: Team MVP’s last night

A lot of reasons for optimism at the halfway point.

Default Re: Team MVP’s last night

Agree with all of that except Ben. I think he did great, especially with the bad weather. Decision making was top notch. Had some awesome throws. I agree with one of your points in another thread, he threw one iffy pass to the sideline that could have been a pick six.

Really happy for the team and Coach Des.

4. Default Re: Team MVP’s last night

We achieved a balance last night which can be a recipe to win games going forward this season.

We did not drop passes, make silly mistakes, get repeated penalties to take us out of or give up field position, we generally covered on special teams and generally CMD called a pretty good game.

It was nice to see CMD smiling on the sidelines the last couple of minutes of the game. You could tell he was very joyous of the win. It was like mounds of stress had been taken off his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Special Teams- Kenneth Almendares. What a night 3 for 3 on FG including one over 40 and one over 50 and perfect on XP. Great night.

Offense — Ben Woolridge was not great but good when he needed to be. Made plays with his legs and kept us moving on some long sustained drives. Considering he is technically 2nd string and playing a very good defense. He gave us what he needed to win.

Defense — The entire defense. Nuff said. DL was great, LB was great and DB’s were great. Some silly mistakes/penalties but outside of that really good performance.

Honorable mention — Michael Jefferson made big plays when he needed to and was the best WR in the building.

OL their pass pro was the best it has been all season. Struggled in run protection. But in pass pro Ben had time all night to survey the field.

Lamar Morgan. Had his boys ready to play.

Halftime adjustments — I expected Marshall to come in out and blast us in the 2nd half and they did not. We were by far the better team for most of the night but specifically in the 2nd half.

Weather — Not sure how CMD does it but we need we are there delays in every game.
    Excuse me Mrs. Weeks, isn't it Wooldridge? Ben Wooldridge that is. If we are going to post a player's name please have the courtesy of properly spelling it. Geesum Pete. (-=

MVP'Sgive me the D's front 7.5 sacks, 11 TFL's.Domination

7. Default Re: Team MVP’s last night

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Excuse me Mrs. Weeks, isn't it Wooldridge? Ben Wooldridge that is. If we are going to post a player's name please have the courtesy of properly spelling it. Geesum Pete. (-=
    Yes it is. And rarely do I use my phone to post but it autocorrected it to woolridge.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yes it is. And rarely do I use my phone to post but it autocorrected it to woolridge.
    I knew it would be something. I was just pulling your leg anyway. But I did read your post for more than grammatical errors. And while I agree with some of your observations. Your take on Woolridge is atrocious. he played lights out in the first half & He put the game away in the 2nd half with runs that Fields flat out couldn't have made. He has a better stronger arm. He has a more accurate arm. He is way the hell more confident. He can take a lick & get up & go at it again. He's bigger, he's faster, he's stronger & he loves competing. And I'll say it again. HE HAS CONFIDENCE! What does this mean? he will make a play like you criticized him for & drive his team for 7 points. Whereas Chandler won't attempt that play & will eat a sack for a punt. You tell me which is better. You want a game manager who can get all of maybe two field goals per game because he doesn't have enough talent around him to simply be a game manager? Or you want a gunslinger who can get us three, or four TDs/ game?

I don't care if he's technically 4th string. He should be starting for this team. And to give an example of the difference between the two. We have a 0.0 percent chance of beating a team like FSU with Chandler & about 35-40% of beating FSU with Ben. That's the difference between the two. We have a shot of possibly coming back & winning the conference with Ben. We most likely won't win more than 6 games with Chandler. You can say anything you want to try to make another reality out of the situation. But that is the true reality of the situation.

9. Default Re: Team MVPs vs Marshall

Yea my take was terrible. I called him our offensive MVP and said he has room to improve. Let’s not make him the 2nd coming of Tom Brady. We still have little or no chance to beat FSU unless our offense can get better.

10. Default Re: Team MVPs vs Marshall

We need to hire BWK immediately and all of the troubles will go away.

Thread Information