Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Arkansas State: PreGame

Default Re: Next Next Game: Louisiana vs A-State Football Set For 4 P.M. Kickoff

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The university is the life blood of Acadiana. The Sunbelt makes the conference schedule and releases it in the spring. The Cajuns have 2 home dates on Saturdays in October. Couldn't 2 festivals as insignificant as the boudin cook off and gulf brew rearrange their Saturday for the local university? I hear people talking about the university scheduling around Gulf Brew when it should be the other way around.
    Gulf Brew and Boudin Festival showed alot of not caringbet they didn't even look.

2. Default Re: Next Next Game: Louisiana vs A-State Football Set For 4 P.M. Kickoff

Gulf Brew spokesperson was on Scott Prather. He was all over providing huge tv monitors for the LSUA&M game. Scott must have written him a note because he later threw a kinda Cajuns too comment.

Personally I’m not in favor of a festival dedicated to drinking as much beer as possible for anyone 21+ years old. Certainly I’d never bring my minor children, grandchildren to that. But that’s me now. I’m sure the 21-35 Cajun Express might have indulged, but not with children in my care.

Default Re: Next Next Game: Louisiana vs A-State Football Set For 4 P.M. Kickoff

I would think that offering an entire football game worth of free advertising PA announcements for these events might be enough to get them to change their event time/dates.

4. Default Re: Next Next Game: Louisiana vs A-State Football Set For 4 P.M. Kickoff

These events can’t wait until football schedules come out to schedule all those involved to make their events successful.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    That's correct. ESPN schedules the times, not the athletic department. Some people just want to blame UL for everything.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Guys, WE control our times on +. We decided on 1600 just like every year past homecoming.
    How do you suppose Monroe plays at home at 1900 every week? THEY choose, not ESPN.
    That's what I thought too. Maybe I'm misremembering but I seem to recall a home game against Arkansas state that was moved to 2:30 for ESPN+ and it was super hot. Like 95/ 105 heat index and people were passing out. Since that time we were given more flexibility on start time when not on the linear channels.

I feel like this is on us. Jay can correct me if I'm wrong and I'll eat my words but if you run a business you kinda wanna maximize revenue as much as possible. Like it or not that school to the east has a huge effect on our attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    That's what I thought too. Maybe I'm misremembering but I seem to recall a home game against Arkansas state that was moved to 2:30 for ESPN+ and it was super hot. Like 95/ 105 heat index and people were passing out. Since that time we were given more flexibility on start time when not on the linear channels.

I feel like this is on us. Jay can correct me if I'm wrong and I'll eat my words but if you run a business you kinda wanna maximize revenue as much as possible. Like it or not that school to the east has a huge effect on our attendance.
    That would mean we were playing Ark st in September and I don’t recall doing that in the last 10 to 15 years. We did play Boise at 11AM once but it wasn’t on + it was on U I believe.

8. Default Re: Next Next Game: Louisiana vs A-State Football Set For 4 P.M. Kickoff

There is no data that says anyone will watch ULM on TV no matter what time they play so they are free to play as they will . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post

September 11th 2010

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    There is no data that says anyone will watch ULM on TV no matter what time they play so they are free to play as they will . . .
    You think anyone but the fans of UL and Arkansas State and maybe a few Sunbelt fans are watching that game?

11. Default Re: Next Next Game: Louisiana vs A-State Football Set For 4 P.M. Kickoff

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    You think anyone but the fans of UL and Arkansas State and maybe a few Sunbelt fans are watching that game?
    I’m not sure about ULM games, but Louisiana has lots of purple fans that secretly watch our games. It’s not a secret to the mothership however.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    September 11th 2010
    So that was before espn +. Was it on Cox sports maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    September 11th 2010
    Hottest game of my life.

14. Default Re: Next Next Game: Louisiana vs A-State Football Set For 4 P.M. Kickoff

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Hottest game of my life.
    How were the women at that game . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Hottest game of my life.
    Mine was the Boise game Labor Day weekend. Maybe because it was more recent and I was older then.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information