Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SB vs McNeese

UL Softball SB vs McNeese

If anyone attends the practice this morning please give us a run down. I will get a report from Roarman but would also like to see what others think.

Default Re: SOFTBALL TODAY

Can Landry or Schorman throw a football? Might want to hang around the complex after the practice.

Seriously though, there’s a lot going on in diamond sports this week. Saw some baseball being played at Russo. Also saw a couple people wearing Cincinnati bearcat shirts walking around the parking lot. What was going on?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If anyone attends the practice this morning please give us a run down. I will get a report from Roarman but would also like to see what others think.
    You guys going to softball practice in October? Lol

4. Default Re: SOFTBALL TODAY

It’s a beautiful day to practice and drink a couple of cold ones

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You guys going to softball practice in October? Lol
    Observations from today's inter squad scrimmage. Piskos and Graeter both hit homeruns. Today it looked like the hitters were way ahead of the pitchers. We will need to develop some pitching depth and catcher is still a weak spot. I got to the scrimmage late so didn't see everything that happened today. The team did run the bases hard and aggressive.

6. Default Re: SOFTBALL TODAY

Pitcher’s looked really good yesterday. Today pitching on consecutive days for the first time, the hitters may have had a slight advantage. I disagree with your assessment of the catching position. Without a base umpire in scrimmages, runners are leaving early, which make it difficult to throw runners out. With Piskos and Valdez, the catching position will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    Pitcher’s looked really good yesterday. Today pitching on consecutive days for the first time, the hitters may have had a slight advantage. I disagree with your assessment of the catching position. Without a base umpire in scrimmages, runners are leaving early, which make it difficult to throw runners out. With Piskos and Valdez, the catching position will be fine.
    I think Sam can be a big hitter for the Cajuns this season.

8. Default Re: SOFTBALL TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I think Sam can be a big hitter for the Cajuns this season.
    Amazing that some people see part of one scrimmage and have all these opinions. Five months before season starts.

9. Default Re: SOFTBALL TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    When you know all the girls before they were even born, it gives you a special kind of insight.
    That’s funny, but I hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    Landry and Oubre dominated the batters on Saturday. On Sunday, Heath got rocked early and often. A few take aways from this weekends scrimmages. Piskos's stick is looking good right now. I think Valdez has the better arm but Sophie definitely has the better stick.
    Disappointed in Roman's stick. She just can't seem to put it all together. Davis is super fast. Riassetto impressed with her performance on Sunday. She came in for Heath and looked great. Langeliers is so smooth at SS with a cannon. Made a couple of plays where she had to move and throw across her body and gunned the runner down. Graeter hit the ball really well and hopefully this carries over to the spring.

11. Default Re: SOFTBALL TODAY

Looks like we practicing well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Looks like we practicing well . . .
    But I hear their OLine is garbage....ooops, wrong thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Landry and Oubre dominated the batters on Saturday. On Sunday, Heath got rocked early and often. A few take aways from this weekends scrimmages. Piskos's stick is looking good right now. I think Valdez has the better arm but Sophie definitely has the better stick.
    Disappointed in Roman's stick. She just can't seem to put it all together. Davis is super fast. Riassetto impressed with her performance on Sunday. She came in for Heath and looked great. Langeliers is so smooth at SS with a cannon. Made a couple of plays where she had to move and throw across her body and gunned the runner down. Graeter hit the ball really well and hopefully this carries over to the spring.
    I have high hope for Graeter also. Davis will be special.

14. Default Re: SOFTBALL TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Agree with all of your comments especially about Roman. She just can't seem to make solid contact. She either just misses under or tops the ball. She didn't hit one flush at either practice this weekend. They need her to get things figured out as they need her bat to be productive. Piskos is fun to watch. She just mashes the ball and has fun doing it. Her enthusiasm is infectious. Stormy is a true utility. She swung the bat well on Sunday and played a good 3rd base. Davis is fast but I'm not sold on her just yet. I've seen too many of those touch and go slappers be ineffective when they just try and tap the ball in front of home plate and beat it out with their speed. She did have one good power slap her last at bat Sunday and I would like to see her do more of that. Graeter had a homerun and a double on Sunday along with playing a nice right field. It's early, but if her hitting carries over to the spring, Glasco is going to have some options and maybe some hard choices when choosing a starting outfield.

Default Re: Saturday Softball

Roman's swing plane looks 3 dimensional.

Wonder if she needs glasses?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information