Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: SB vs McNeese

Default Re: SB vs McNeese

I’ll give you an update.

Crowd of about 800 in attendance. Beer is cold.

Game is 4-0 Cajuns in the T5. Landry on the mound looking good. Infield had freshman and a few sophomores with 1 junior. Outfield all underclassmen. We’ll be good once the veteran pitchers return.

2. Default Re: SB vs McNeese

Nice to have received a Beau Report on fall softball practice . . .

3. Default Re: SOFTBALL TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Observations from today's inter squad scrimmage. Piskos and Graeter both hit homeruns. Today it looked like the hitters were way ahead of the pitchers. We will need to develop some pitching depth and catcher is still a weak spot. I got to the scrimmage late so didn't see everything that happened today. The team did run the bases hard and aggressive.
    We have three pitchers out. Pitching will not be an issue and again I see practice everyday, and I disagree with you with our catching situation.

My view from today:

*It was very hot and I got a sunburn to prove it. Oh and the Crawfish nacho were very good along with the beer.

*Sam looked good in the circle and was excellent fielding her position. She hit 69 mph at least 15 times and her changeup was between 48 and 53 mph.

*Freshman Lefty Riassetto looked good in the circle and was throwing between 64 and 66 mph. She will be a weapon that we can use this year.

*Graeter hit a bomb and Sophie hit a grandslam. Don't sleep on Greater if this carrys over to the spring she will be a big time power bat.

*Glasco was coaching the girls up hard. I love his style.

*McNeese brought a good crowd and if I had to guess the crowd size was probably 850 to 900.

*It was great catching up with WestUCajun, VObserver, and Roarman.

*Was also nice to see and catch up with Kaylee Lopez an Indian Bayou native and SS Carleigh Cross a Forney, TX native who has really turned into a nice player.

5. Default Re: SB vs McNeese

Thanks for the update review

I would venture to say, there was not another fall scrimmage, played in any college softball park this weekend, that had as many people in attendance as were at Lamson Park today. Great job by both UL fans and McNeese fans for turning out in suchlarge numbers.

Thanks for the updates. What was the final score?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Thanks for the updates. What was the final score?
    9-1 Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I would venture to say, there was not another fall scrimmage, played in any college softball park this weekend, that had as many people in attendance as were at Lamson Park today. Great job by both UL fans and McNeese fans for turning out in suchlarge numbers.
    The turnout was great! I would say that most college teams would love to have that many fans at a regular season game. I do wish it would have been announced that they were playing 10 innings. If Bobby did announce it, I missed it.

10. Default Re: SB vs McNeese

Tradition . . . We finish with a complaint . . . Tradition lives on

11. Default Re: SB vs McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Tradition . . . We finish with a complaint . . . Tradition lives on
    Self fulfilling prophesy.

My coffee is cold.

12. Default Re: SB vs McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Self fulfilling prophesy.

My coffee is cold.
    Whether your cup is full or half full, if it is not timely consumed, it will be consumed cold.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information