Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone notice....

Default Did anyone notice....

That one of the Outstand Alumni for 2022 is the President and CEO of McIlhenny Co, Harold Osborn III... I've mentioned this several times in the past...He had a proxy there for homecoming activities...What's his status as a backer of UL, both with the school and athletics?

Default Re: Did anyone notice....

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    That one of the Outstand Alumni for 2022 is the President and CEO of McIlhenny Co, Harold Osborn III... I've mentioned this several times in the past...He had a proxy there for homecoming activities...What's his status as a backer of UL, both with the school and athletics?
    From my dealings with the family, they don’t want that information made public. They are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They don’t go around flaunting their wealth and like to stay private.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    A gift basket to Martin Hall

Tabasco made a killing off their sriracha with Huy Fong struggling to meet demand. They might have a few extra dollars in the coffers for donations this year.

4. Default Re: Did anyone notice....

Third hand info, so take it for what it's worth: In the late 2000s, UL Brass made a real push to bring them into the fold. Harold's right hand woman was not impressed. Fast forward to Maggard admin. When they pressed McIlhenny for stadium donations, they didn't get far. The reason exactly? I have no idea.

My wife is close friends with someone very close to decision makers there. I won't get too specific. But we visit with them often. Anytime UL comes up, the conversation stalls or gets awkward. I wouldn't say its an impossibility to fix that relationship, but it would definitely take the right person and some time.

I think if you listen to LSU games you will find that Tabasco sponsors something with them. I don't remember what though. When I heard that I figured we were out of the picture.

This is a call T Joe should make... not the Assoc. AD and certainly not the guys at Learfield... and here's the deal...
    An endowed chair in business or agriculture.
    Naming of one on campus building...
    Naming of one Athetic Facility building.
    Ag, botany, etc research funding...

$10.5 Million over 10 years with a portion going to new stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I think if you listen to LSU games you will find that Tabasco sponsors something with them. I don't remember what though. When I heard that I figured we were out of the picture.
    Yeah, Google Tabasco, UL (in any form or fashion), and LSU.

I (seriously) think we have received more support from the Mexican state of Tabasco than we have from the company in our own back yard.

Well, looks like Tabasco is going the way of Tony Chachere's. Sod them.

I'll find something else.

8. Default Re: Did anyone notice....

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

I (seriously) think we have received more support from the Mexican state of Tabasco than we have from the company in our own back yard.

I still think, if the right person approached them, we could salvage the relationship.

9. Default Re: Did anyone notice....

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I still think, if the right person approached them, we could salvage the relationship.

Wouldn't it be more like create a relationship?

10. Default Re: Did anyone notice....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Wouldn't it be more like create a relationship?
    Well the personal relationships are there. It's the financial relationship we need.

Kinda like having a brother with a good idea, but bad history with money management. Savvy business people are careful with whom they do business. I think this is where we stand with Tabasco.

11. Default Re: Did anyone notice....

They love history. Build on it.

In the 1930's McIlhenny was landscape architect and foliage provider for all things beautiful on Louisiana's campus.

Connections.

I have done work for Tony's ....... big big big LSU fans. You can forget about them.

The little bit of work I have done at Avery Island gave me the impression of a very distinct purple and gold bias. Just Sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They love history. Build on it.

In the 1930's McIlhenny was landscape architect and foliage provider for all things beautiful on Louisiana's campus.

Connections.
    So they've taken from UL but they have chosen to not give back.

14. Default Re: Did anyone notice....

So they've taken from UL but they have chosen to not give back.
    I would have to look up the old headlines again. I think a lot of what they provided was donated.

Perhaps they just needed to be thanked.

Most of it from my understanding has been for Academics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information