1971. And has never been remodeled.

2. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    What year was CF finished and opened?
    71/72 . I think

Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    1971. And has never been remodeled.
    Beau didn't you tell me one time that you were at the first ever CF game?

4. Default Re: Win The Event?

Yea Beau, at least 1000 new fans would probably show up to the next home game if they knew the answer . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Beau didn't you tell me one time that you were at the first ever CF game?
    Absolutely. Versus Santa Clara I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Absolutely. Versus Santa Clara I think.
    Yep. 1971.

So, UL missed a golden opportunity to a 50th anniversary destignated game last year, complete with vintage video, ex players being honored, maybe the 10 best cajun players to ever play at CF, player representatives from each decade being honored, autograph sessions taking place prior to game, Video confessions of players from each decade talking about CF/Game/etc. Maybe the band playing songs from each of the 5 decadescould have been a great halftime show.so much that could have been done to celebrate and teach casual fans and students about UL football tradition.all the while, kicking someones Sun Belts azz on the field

So, UL missed a golden opportunity to a 50th anniversary destignated game last year, complete with vintage video, ex players being honored, maybe the 10 best cajun players to ever play at CF, player representatives from each decade being honored, autograph sessions taking place prior to game, Video confessions of players from each decade talking about CF/Game/etc. Maybe the band playing songs from each of the 5 decadescould have been a great halftime show.so much that could have been done to celebrate and teach casual fans and students about UL football tradition.all the while, kicking someones Sun Belts azz on the field
    Requires emotinal investment and foresight.

not to mention while being a nationally ranked team, the only in our state. Well can't do anything about the past now, may as well focus on what we can do going forward!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    not to mention while being a nationally ranked team, the only in our state. Well can't do anything about the past now, may as well focus on what we can do going forward!
    True thatthis was more of another "pebble to the pile" post of things not done well by Athletics.

11. Default Re: Win The Event?

The fact that nothing happened and fans had "think about it" is very telling. The fact that I had to guess 71/72 is depressing. I should know this stuff.

It reminds me of why I started RaginPagin.

The school was teaching that Louisiana started football in 1908 and an LSU media guide said the two schools had played in 1902.

Somethig wasn't right and it started me on my research quest where I uncovered the fact that Stephen's believed in the the front porch philosophy so much that he ordered uniforms almost as soon as the doors opened.

Louisiana had football in year one.1901.

It took the school THREE years to acknowledge my findings.

3 years? I would have thought at least 5.

13. Default Re: Win The Event?

This is as a damning a revelation as any we've discussed over the last few weeks. We couldn't even figure out a way to capitalize on the fact that our stadium is old af. Something we talk about CONSTANTLY. This is not an oversight. This is just being dead asleep at the wheel. This is people in positions that truly have no historical knowledge, emotional tie or any thing in their minds other than promoting themselves and getting on to the next stop.

And once again, our fans are the ones that notice it. Remarkably bad.

cheese on crackers imagine forgetting your 50th anniversary. the older men in appreciate that more than the newly weds. i cant even think what would happen to me

They had some graphic of Cajun Field with the "50 Years" font behind it. Outside of that, we did nothing to promote.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information