Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: Win The Event?

Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Do you have evidence otherwise?
    Just playing devil's advocate. There's an abundance of evidence that the administration says no thank you to a lot of good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate. There's an abundance of evidence that the administration says no thank you to a lot of good ideas.
    Most of the Kings and Queens and people putting this event on are all "ULL" grads at least according to bios. I get events will coincide with games, but you advertise showing the A&M game which is also Time TBA so they really can't use that as an excuse. Worst case they could advertise a free shuttle to the UL game or something along those lines. Our own alumni are our worst enemies. It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant our graduates are to what we have in our own backyard.

3. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Very true. But we'll never find out without asking the questions

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Very true. But we'll never find out without asking the questions
    Does RR have an interview with Maggard coming up anytime soon?

5. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Does RR have an interview with Maggard coming up anytime soon?
    We actually had something lined up right before the season started but he had to cancel last minute. Working on a time and date now.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Most of the Kings and Queens and people putting this event on are all "ULL" grads at least according to bios. I get events will coincide with games, but you advertise showing the A&M game which is also Time TBA so they really can't use that as an excuse. Worst case they could advertise a free shuttle to the UL game or something along those lines. Our own alumni are our worst enemies. It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant our graduates are to what we have in our own backyard.
    The problem with what we have in our backyard is that it's taken for granted without realizing the real economic impact it has on this community.

The prevailing attitude with those people is that "Its only UL football, who cares about that? And they're playing who? Arkansas State.that's not Arkansas is it? No, Alice Shu is the only school that plays Arkansas.Oh Sweety, those crocks look boffo on you.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The prevailing attitude with those people is that "Its only UL football, who cares about that? And they're playing who? Arkansas State.that's not Arkansas is it? No, Alice Shu is the only school that plays Arkansas.Oh Sweety, those crocks look boffo on you.
    Yes, I completely get their attitudes, however they like to party. We have to be the #1 party/festival in Lafayette every Saturday home game. No questions asked. UL is part of the foundation of Lafayette and Acadiana. Let's have a good time and support our community and University. Should be a no brainer for anyone with half a brain.

It's up to both our University and the Lafayette/outlying Acadiana communities as well as businesses to make it the place to be, as of now all sides have dropped the ball!

I could probably buy a ticket at gulf brew and hit up all the beer booths quicker than I could get Popcorn and a drink in the concession line at football.

Love the ideas from Esqueleto. Hopefully these reach the right ears!

Yes, I completely get their attitudes, however they like to party. We have to be the #1 party/festival in Lafayette every Saturday home game. No questions asked. UL is part of the foundation of Lafayette and Acadiana. Let's have a good time and support our community and University. Should be a no brainer for anyone with half a brain.

It's up to both our University and the Lafayette/outlying Acadiana communities as well as businesses to make it the place to be, as of now all sides have dropped the ball!
    It is the place to be! Outside the stadium!

The only problem with this is, like the previous poster mentioned, the lsubr issue. We could have the most unbelievable atmosphere on Saturday, and it won't matter to half of the people in Acadiana because they are either at an lsubr party or at the lsubr game itself.

The REAL solution to all of this mess is to win over those people. We have to make it such that the average Joe, who only sees puke and purple, feels safe enough to change his allegiance from Louisiana State to Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I could probably buy a ticket at gulf brew and hit up all the beer booths quicker than I could get Popcorn and a drink in the concession line at football.
    thats odd, I have never waited in a long beer line, the one at the far end near my section never has more than 4 or 5 people waiting. I also have never waited long in the jambalaya booth, and I usually don't do the concession stand line since its one step above dog food anyway. If I want water or a soda I use the express booth

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The only problem with this is, like the previous poster mentioned, the lsubr issue. We could have the most unbelievable atmosphere on Saturday, and it won't matter to half of the people in Acadiana because they are either at an lsubr party or at the lsubr game itself.

The REAL solution to all of this mess is to win over those people. We have to make it such that the average Joe, who only sees puke and purple, feels safe enough to change his allegiance from Louisiana State to Louisiana.
    Honestly I don't feel like we need to win over those walmart fans. I feel like we just need our Alumni to support the school they graduated from. We are the second largest University in this state, our graduates normally don't go far away. We should be able to draw 30,000 if our games are the place to be and have a great atmosphere. We need to make improvements to the gameday experience and get in better sync with our City/community.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They just want us to lay down and take it, and when you call it out, they call you a hater lol. I have been a season ticket holder / RCAF since my senior year in college, and I'm about done giving money to this athletic department.
    If you are one of the admins perusing RP, this is an alarm bell.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information