Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: Win The Event?

Default Re: Win The Event?

Man about town said "First, John Dugas has nothing to do with Football Ops."

That has been the complaint about him all along. When I had a problem on game day last year they sent me to him but he was nowhere I could find.

2. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTake View Post
    Man about town said "First, John Dugas has nothing to do with Football Ops."

That has been the complaint about him all along. When I had a problem on game day last year they sent me to him but he was nowhere I could find.
    Who sent you to him?

This is beyond incompetence. You have to TRY to be this bad!!! This level of ineptitude REQUIRES EFFORT to be this f____g bad!!!! Seriously, how are they THIS bad at EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of marketing and game day experience. And to add insult to injury, ZERO acknowledgement that they are either aware of, or are trying to fix things. I take that back, we got an acknowledgement bout not having clothing options that fans wanted without Lafayette on them.and on that, we were basically told to just make our own. F em all!!!!

I keep hearing athletics and Martin Hall folks visit and even post here.if so, they must not believe these posts, either that or they picture the posters of said complaints as the Deltas from Animal House.meaning no credibility.

5. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    . . . either that or they picture the posters of said complaints as the Deltas from Animal House.meaning no credibility.
    Some paint a pretty good picture here.

That’s just the culture here unfortunately. No one has a care in the world and the attention to detail is nowhere to be found. The Lafayette vibe is “good enough”.

7. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by Gris-Gris View Post
    That’s just the culture here unfortunately. No one has a care in the world and the attention to detail is nowhere to be found. The Lafayette vibe is “good enough”.
    That's because no one holds them accountable.

I presented the solution a couple years ago right here on this website and it's not complicated, at all

Shift all of the activities to the East side of the stadium and make parking free on the West side with RCAF parking where the RVs are now.

Close down Cajundome BLVD to auto traffic.

Open Table room as the GameDay sports bar

Food truck and brewery alley can be between the convention center and the Cajundome. Get all the local restaurants and Bars involved.

Sell tailgating spots round the Cajundome under all the trees and park like surroundings. Invite overflow towards the rec fields which would incorporate the Greek houses and encourage more of the Greeks and students to participate.

Utilize all of the green space going towards Blackham. Make that free tailgating. Set up wherever you want.

Have a transit system using the Campus buses to transport tailgaters down Cajundome BLVD to the stadium and call it touchdown transit.

Get the ____ out of that dusty, stale parking lot on the Westside and use the beautiful realty that is available.

It's not that ____ing hard

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I presented the solution a couple years ago right here on this website and it's not complicated, at all

Shift all of the activities to the East side of the stadium and make parking free on the West side with RCAF parking where the RVs are now.

Food truck and brewery alley can be between the convention center and the Cajundome. Get all the local restaurants and Bars involved.

Sell tailgating spots round the Cajundome under all the trees and park like surroundings. Invite overflow towards the rec fields which would incorporate the Greek houses and encourage more of the Greeks and students to participate.

Utilize all of the green space going towards Blackham. Make that free tailgating. Set up wherever you want.

Have a transit system using the Campus buses to transport tailgaters down Cajundome BLVD to the stadium and call it touchdown transit.

Get the ____ out of that dusty, stale parking lot on the Westside and use the beautiful realty that is available.

Simple and effective solution.like the transit buses being used.better shade on that side too

10. Default Re: Win The Event?

Why hasn't this been implemented?

I can feel the atmosphere just reading your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Why hasn't this been implemented?

I can feel the atmosphere just reading your post.
    Exactly, there is your festival environment. All of Lafayette will want to participate. They don't want to spend $1k to cook in a hot parking lot.

Great ideas. Has this ever made it up to Martin Hall or Maggard?

Amazing idea. My mind is blown at how much sense that makes.

If you remember, student tailgating was moved to Bourgeois Park near the Greek houses for 2 years during the Hud years because extra parking was needed, but it failed because students didn’t wanted to walk to Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    If you remember, student tailgating was moved to Bourgeois Park near the Greek houses for 2 years during the Hud years because extra parking was needed, but it failed because students didn’t wanted to walk to Cajun Field.
    Yeah, that's because everything else was focused on the West side

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information