Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: Win The Event?

Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    I was told he switched positions recently and is no longer in game day management role.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Oof. That is brutal. I had to get mine printed an hour and a half or so before kickoff. Not without the lady treating me like a misbehaving grandson though, mind you. Scolding me for forgetting to put them in my Apple wallet like she’s never forgotten something in her life. Where do we find these people?
    These $9 per hour folks are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It’s really amazing to read these stories. It’s like those paid to protect the rights of fans that chose to pay extra for the convenience of being at CF on game day were instrumental in ruining the very game day experience of those fans.

We already can’t get enough people to pay for that experience.

How can that happen?
    NOW you realize why us casual fans stream the game for $10. It’s really not fun anymore (hasn’t been for a long time) and it’s not worth the hassle.

-signed. Casual fans.

For the last 2 years, I’ve asked the Russo Park staff to put the televisions on college football to create a sports bar atmosphere. They sell food and drinks. I drive in from Baton Rouge and want to catch up on the games from around the leagues.

I got told last year that the television remotes were upstairs, but no one has access to them.
    Saturday, I was told to speak with John Dugas. I guess, he’s the right person, but does it matter if nothing happens.

The administration knows we have well documented concerns and solutions, but what will they do?

5. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    For the last 2 years, I’ve asked the Russo Park staff to put the televisions on college football to create a sports bar atmosphere. They sell food and drinks. I drive in from Baton Rouge and want to catch up on the games from around the leagues.

I got told last year that the television remotes were upstairs, but no one has access to them.
    Saturday, I was told to speak with John Dugas. I guess, he’s the right person, but does it matter if nothing happens.

The administration knows we have well documented concerns and solutions, but what will they do?
    They can’t even get REMOTEly close . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post

The problem with all of these suggestions is they presuppose someone actually cares. The fact is no one cares. I'm sorry to have tell you this, but I know it because you & others have already mentioned this along with about 50 other shall I say really smart suggestions that would cost like zero dollars to do, but would take someone caring. And it hasn't been done yet. The fact is THEY DON"T CARE.

7. Default Re: Win The Event?

All of you are whizzing in a downwind: great ideas but nothing will change. Yet we will keep coming back because misery loves company.

8. Default Re: Win The Event?

First, John Dugas has nothing to do with Football Ops. He might be able to help with the TVs during tailgating (which I agree is absolutely ridiculous) but that's it.

The other testimonials are pretty interesting.

Administrators and local Media blame ESPN+ for our attendance problems. They keep talking about "competing" with streaming services. If you read these stories, there is no competition. Why would anyone willfully put themselves in position to be ignored and inconvenienced? No wonder we have "fair weather fans." The only time they'll go to the field is when the weather is perfected they don't want to stay in the house. No wonder they're not there to watch the game Half the time spent inside of CF is spent disconnected from play on the field. Instead, its spent standing in lines and dealing with BS.

It's not the customer's fault for not wanting to patronize. It's incumbent upon the business to provide a space and a product that consumers want to buy. We're already facing an uphill battle with that school 60 miles east, G5 lot in life, lots to do on Saturday's in the fall around Acadiana, and no history. They killed tailgating for several years, covid years followed and now we lost the best coach in history in gut wrenching fashion. On top of all of that, we've been talking about a new stadium for 20 years.

If you really stop and think about it, the fans should be commended for showing up in the numbers they do

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    First, John Dugas has nothing to do with Football Ops. He might be able to help with the TVs during tailgating (which I agree is absolutely ridiculous) but that's it.

The other testimonials are pretty interesting.

Administrators and local Media blame ESPN+ for our attendance problems. They keep talking about "competing" with streaming services. If you read these stories, there is no competition. Why would anyone willfully put themselves in position to be ignored and inconvenienced? No wonder we have "fair weather fans." The only time they'll go to the field is when the weather is perfected they don't want to stay in the house. No wonder they're not there to watch the game Half the time spent inside of CF is spent disconnected from play on the field. Instead, its spent standing in lines and dealing with BS.

It's not the customer's fault for not wanting to patronize. It's incumbent upon the business to provide a space and a product that consumers want to buy. We're already facing an uphill battle with that school 60 miles east, G5 lot in life, lots to do on Saturday's in the fall around Acadiana, and no history. They killed tailgating for several years, covid years followed and now we lost the best coach in history in gut wrenching fashion. On top of all of that, we've been talking about a new stadium for 20 years.

If you really stop and think about it, the fans should be commended for showing up in the numbers they do
    They just want us to lay down and take it, and when you call it out, they call you a hater lol. I have been a season ticket holder / RCAF since my senior year in college, and I'm about done giving money to this athletic department.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    These $9 per hour folks are everywhere.
    I am constantly at sporting events and concerts in venues from New Orleans to Houston. I have to look no further than UL sporting events for the worst treatment and experience. We need to stop pretending this is just an “everyone” problem. Customer service in America may be dwindling. It’s fallen off a cliff at UL. We are the WORST.

11. Default Re: Win The Event?

I am constantly at sporting events and concerts in venues from New Orleans to Houston. I have to look no further than UL sporting events for the worst treatment and experience. We need to stop pretending this is just an “everyone” problem. Customer service in America may be dwindling. It’s fallen off a cliff at UL. We are the WORST.
    Fallen off a cliff? Name a time when its been good. I've been going to games for 30 years and can't remember a time when I thought, "this is a well run event."

We have a Hospitality Management department at the business school here. How difficult is it to create some internships with our students to where they can have a Fall or Spring class where they pick the sports they want to work during those semesters, and get real world experience working the concession stands and in return get class credit? Heck, give them a title for all I care. It's simple, it's cost effective, and you will have people working who really care.

Or what I just mentioned too difficult to do because "We can't" around here?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Fallen off a cliff? Name a time when its been good. I've been going to games for 30 years and can't remember a time when I thought, "this is a well run event."
    I’m 31. I won’t claim to have been extremely aware of the workings of a game day outside of the last 10 years. I will say I remember a time when I could walk to the concessions on the main level and get nachos that were as good or better than those at any other venue in less time than it takes to watch the Titanic. BS era. Before Sodexo.

The bar of what I’m expecting to see here is so damn low. Makes it extra frustrating to see us still stumbling on it.

14. Default Re: Win The Event?

I’m 31. I won’t claim to have been extremely aware of the workings of a game day outside of the last 10 years. I will say I remember a time when I could walk to the concessions on the main level and get nachos that were as good or better than those at any other venue in less time than it takes to watch the Titanic. BS era. Before Sodexo.

The bar of what I’m expecting to see here is so damn low. Makes it extra frustrating to see us still stumbling on it.
    That's actually a good point. Toothpick era was the golden age for concessions at CF. No crowd but fully staffed concessions. Now, its the opposite. There was a year during the Hud years where we really pushed gourmet options and the wait wasn't terrible; especially considering the options were much improved. You're right though. Sodexo, as we've said 1000s of times here, has been a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    We have a Hospitality Management department at the business school here. How difficult is it to create some internships with our students to where they can have a Fall or Spring class where they pick the sports they want to work during those semesters, and get real world experience working the concession stands and in return get class credit? Heck, give them a title for all I care. It's simple, it's cost effective, and you will have people working who really care.

Or what I just mentioned too difficult to do because "We can't" around here?
    You mean like how SLU can broadcast all their baseball games utilizing students, but we “can’t afford it?” I get they have a sports media degree, but last time I checked we have a communications department that offers a concentration in broadcasting…the university of CAN’T

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information