Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Win The Event?

Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    They had some graphic of Cajun Field with the "50 Years" font behind it. Outside of that, we did nothing to promote.
    Wheeee!

And a great way to recognize OLOL and those making the big donations for a new stadium

Back to Gulf Brew 2022.

Where is our trolley guy that goes from Rock'n Bowl to Legends to CF on gameday? We need him to be posted up downtown, shuttling people from Gulf Brew to the CajunField Saturday.

Default Re: Live Game TALK Final: Louisiana 38, ASU 18

I also like 4 PM. Sun on east side is only reason I can think of for lack of students. However, I drove on St Mary earlier in week and did not see any reminders about game today

5. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Live Game TALK Final: Louisiana 38, ASU 18

There’s absolutely no logical reason why the students can’t spread closer to the fifty. We, UL, should be kissing every one of their asses. If a student gets out of line with visiting team then deal with that person.

I walked my dog on campus yesterday evening. It was a ghost town. Ghost town today. I figured as much. Traffic around the campus mid day yesterday was pretty bad due to the exodus.

I have to say the weather for today's game was the best we have had in years. It was very nice. Too bad more people were not there to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I also like 4 PM. Sun on east side is only reason I can think of for lack of students. However, I drove on St Mary earlier in week and did not see any reminders about game today
    I've heard a lot of complaints about the way the fans are treated at UL events & I think a lot of that is just whining by a spoiled fan base. I've been to my share of UBR games & I can tell you, the parking is a complete pile of dog crap. You HAVE to show up at least two hours before the game minimum, or you are gonna be parking no less than two miles from the stadium. In most cases you have to pay someone at least 20 bucks to park in their yard.

The lines are an ungodly disaster just to go to the bathroom. If you get there two hours before the game & park two miles away, you have to run to the game just to get in a line that is at least 3000 deep to get into the facility to get into the game by start time. Then, unless you have really good really expensive tickets, you are sitting on a bench squeezed into your seat like a sardine. If you're in the upper deck the players look like ants & the football is the size of the head of a needle. It's either hot as hell, raining, of the freaking wind is blowing like a banshee & it's cold enough to freeze your freaking keester off. Then, after the game once you've finally gotten back to your car, you get to wait in non moving traffic for two hours to get home at 2 o'clock in the morning just so you can say you went to an event & couldn't even tell what was going on because you probably couldn't get a decent look at any play that took place. It's absolutely miserable. The only thing I can compare it to is waiting in line for a new ride that just opened in Disney on a nice HOT August afternoon.

But one thing they do have is marketing. They market the living hell out of UBR football. They also have the radio market cornered. Driving to the game today, I had the GOAT on 103.3 & there was nothing on the air. Why is this? When I went to Old Tyme Grocery Home coming day a couple of hours before the game, I took a poll of who was going to the game. And out of 8 groups of 25, or so people, only one family from Houma even knew UL was having a game that afternoon. How far from the stadium is Old Tyme grocery? 5 blocks at the most. UL has done a horrific job of marketing their product. If they have made a huge mistake, it is in this vane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I've heard a lot of complaints about the way the fans are treated at UL events & I think a lot of that is just whining by a spoiled fan base. I've been to my share of UBR games & I can tell you, the parking is a complete pile of dog crap. You HAVE to show up at least two hours before the game minimum, or you are gonna be parking no less than two miles from the stadium. In most cases you have to pay someone at least 20 bucks to park in their yard.

The lines are an ungodly disaster just to go to the bathroom. If you get there two hours before the game & park two miles away, you have to run to the game just to get in a line that is at least 3000 deep to get into the facility to get into the game by start time. Then, unless you have really good really expensive tickets, you are sitting on a bench squeezed into your seat like a sardine. If you're in the upper deck the players look like ants & the football is the size of the head of a needle. It's either hot as hell, raining, of the freaking wind is blowing like a banshee & it's cold enough to freeze your freaking keester off. Then, after the game once you've finally gotten back to your car, you get to wait in non moving traffic for two hours to get home at 2 o'clock in the morning just so you can say you went to an event & couldn't even tell what was going on because you probably couldn't get a decent look at any play that took place. It's absolutely miserable. The only thing I can compare it to is waiting in line for a new ride that just opened in Disney on a nice HOT August afternoon.

But one thing they do have is marketing. They market the living hell out of UBR football. They also have the radio market cornered. Driving to the game today, I had the GOAT on 103.3 & there was nothing on the air. Why is this? When I went to Old Tyme Grocery Home coming day a couple of hours before the game, I took a poll of who was going to the game. And out of 8 groups of 25, or so people, only one family from Houma even knew UL was having a game that afternoon. How far from the stadium is Old Tyme grocery? 5 blocks at the most. UL has done a horrific job of marketing their product. If they have made a huge mistake, it is in this vane.
    Possibly your best post.

However, I drove on St Mary earlier in week and did not see any reminders about game today
    THAT is a huge problem, in my unprofessional opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    There’s absolutely no logical reason why the students can’t spread closer to the fifty. We, UL, should be kissing every one of their asses. If a student gets out of line with visiting team then deal with that person.
    Dr. Maggard said students would be allowed one section over compared to previous games on Scott's show Friday morning. They may have had to sit above a certain row. There were a few students at the 50 yesterday. Someone said retention may start to become an issue due to the gate/concession lines for the previous game as well as the student removals. That may have hit us yesterday. More likely LSU playing at home and on CBS was also a factor. On a more positive note, the people that were there gave good energy to the team and they responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    THAT is a huge problem, in my unprofessional opinion.
    No signs on St. Mary is a problem. We do a great job in promoting our program via social media. However, people have to follow our various teams on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. to get excited about good things happening. Kevin Foote also does a good job of covering the team for The Advocate and the Advertiser once again has a Cajuns football beat writer. Most students don't think about following our social media sites so they are unaware of what is going on at times. They also don't read conventional newspapers online or with hard copy. Perhaps we should introduce which social media sites cover our teams in freshman orientation. I just wrote too many words to simply recommend we should use old fashioned methods to get people interested. Simply have signs promoting every upcoming game on campus. If time would permit, have players hold those signs with their jerseys on come Thursday and Friday. Players may not have the time to do this but perhaps all the extra staff members for football we now have could be handing out flyers promoting the upcoming game to students as they change classes.

If athletics isnt geo fencing all parts if the school delivering a "student orientated" game ad, we are seriously missing the boat.

No signs on St. Mary is a problem. We do a great job in promoting our program via social media. However, people have to follow our various teams on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. to get excited about good things happening. Kevin Foote also does a good job of covering the team for The Advocate and the Advertiser once again has a Cajuns football beat writer. Most students don't think about following our social media sites so they are unaware of what is going on at times. They also don't read conventional newspapers online or with hard copy. Perhaps we should introduce which social media sites cover our teams in freshman orientation. I just wrote too many words to simply recommend we should use old fashioned methods to get people interested. Simply have signs promoting every upcoming game on campus. If time would permit, have players hold those signs with their jerseys on come Thursday and Friday. Players may not have the time to do this but perhaps all the extra staff members for football we now have could be handing out flyers promoting the upcoming game to students as they change classes.
    Maybe Gordon Mckernan wouldn't mind giving UL his space on a few of his bill boards promoting the fact that Acadiana is Cajun country from Lacassiene to Alexandria to Grosse Tete to Morgan City & points in between with bill boards showing the upcoming schedule next season & highlighting home game dates. Post the billboards at the beginning of August when people really start jonsing out for football. Just like the bling, never underestimate the power of the old fashioned bill board. I can still remember the ULM bill board they posted around Breaux Bridge once upon a time. I think it P.O.d a lot of UL people. But it had an affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Maybe Gordon Mckernan wouldn't mind giving UL his space on a few of his bill boards promoting the fact that Acadiana is Cajun country from Lacassiene to Alexandria to Grosse Tete to Morgan City & points in between with bill boards showing the upcoming schedule next season & highlighting home game dates. Post the billboards at the beginning of August when people really start jonsing out for football. Just like the bling, never underestimate the power of the old fashioned bill board. I can still remember the ULM bill board they posted around Breaux Bridge once upon a time. I think it P.O.d a lot of UL people. But it had an affect.
    A couple of football players have NIL deals with Gordon

A couple of football players have NIL deals with Gordon
    That's great. he could post them holding up their jersey with their name on the back with UL's football schedule next season on the jersey underneath with the home games highlighted & a big welcome to Cajun Country across the top of the bill board.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information