Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: Win The Event?

Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    thats odd, I have never waited in a long beer line, the one at the far end near my section never has more than 4 or 5 people waiting. I also have never waited long in the jambalaya booth, and I usually don't do the concession stand line since its one step above dog food anyway. If I want water or a soda I use the express booth
    I waited 30 minutes for popcorn and a water only to get told the popcorn machine was broken. Had to go to the SEZ and waited another 20.

2. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Yes, I completely get their attitudes, however they like to party. We have to be the #1 party/festival in Lafayette every Saturday home game. No questions asked. UL is part of the foundation of Lafayette and Acadiana. Let's have a good time and support our community and University. Should be a no brainer for anyone with half a brain.

It's up to both our University and the Lafayette/outlying Acadiana communities as well as businesses to make it the place to be, as of now all sides have dropped the ball!
    Conversation on social media is picking up steam. A few people saying they won't attend Gulf Brew over it. Imagine if the community at large responded like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Conversation on social media is picking up steam. A few people saying they won't attend Gulf Brew over it. Imagine if the community at large responded like that.
    I avoid facebook, but hopefully the message reaches enough ears to make a difference. Everything matters even if it just makes a few people start to think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I waited 30 minutes for popcorn and a water only to get told the popcorn machine was broken. Had to go to the SEZ and waited another 20.
    You must love pop corn.

____ Gulf Brew and the horse they rode in on.

I'm tired of this ____. I'm ____ing tired of local people asking me for my ____ing money and then sending the money I gave them to refineryville.

Now we have the ____ing Gulf Brew and Acadiana Center for the Arts promoting ____ in Baton Rouge?

Shove your beer sideways up your ___. I'm gonnna spend the day being true to Lafayette and THE University of Louisiana.

6. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    ____ Gulf Brew and the horse they rode in on.

I'm tired of this ____. I'm ____ing tired of local people asking me for my ____ing money and then sending the money I gave them to refineryville.

Now we have the ____ing Gulf Brew and Acadiana Center for the Arts promoting ____ in Baton Rouge?

Shove your beer sideways up your ___. I'm gonnna spend the day being true to Lafayette and THE University of Louisiana.
    This is where I'm at CM. I've had this mindset since my freshman year at UL and I have never understood why more people aren't loyal to this place. Does the admin make it easy? Hell no they don't. But at the end of the day, it's ours. It's something to be proud of, protect and promote. BR doesn't need anyone from Acadiana's money. They've stolen plenty of it already. If we can just convince these clout chasing ninnies to support the University in their own backyard, we'd explode. We just witnessed what a small amount of commitment and buy in can accomplish. Think UCF is sending their money to Gainesville or Tallahassee? Look at what they've accomplished over the last decade. That goes for in the class room as well.

It's all so infuriating. But the worst part is, they know we need them. They know we have to have relationships with their damn events to promote athletics. So we can't totally write them off. The only thing to do try to educate them on loyalty and hope the message sticks at some point in the future.

. BR doesn't need anyone from Acadiana's money. They've stolen plenty of it already. If we can just convince these clout chasing ninnies to support the University in their own backyard, we'd explode. We just witnessed what a small amount of commitment and buy in can accomplish. Think UCF is sending their money to Gainesville or Tallahassee? Look at what they've accomplished over the last decade. That goes for in the class room as well. .
    lsubr would barely notice if the money flow from Acadiana to BR stopped today.

If that money stayed in Acadiana, it would move Mountains.

8. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

If our alumni would stand up and defend the program instead of trying to be seen as "important" by BR people, that would also move some mountains.

9. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

Nail meet head. It is very unfortunate that local businesses don’t understand and recognize that Louisiana is their university, in their town and it is the hub of what makes everything go here. If for no other reason than the health and well being of their own companies, they should support Louisiana. Only a simpleton would not see that.

No one is saying you can’t support that other university, just that it is only prudent that you take care of your house, where you live and make money, FIRST . . .

Here's how you market value for a mid week game
    http://x.paciolanmail.com/ats/msg.as.967b99ec8f6311

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    If you are one of the admins perusing RP, this is an alarm bell.
    I promise you he isn't an admin. But he was one hell of a football player.

This is where I'm at CM. I've had this mindset since my freshman year at UL and I have never understood why more people aren't loyal to this place. Does the admin make it easy? Hell no they don't. But at the end of the day, it's ours. It's something to be proud of, protect and promote. BR doesn't need anyone from Acadiana's money. They've stolen plenty of it already. If we can just convince these clout chasing ninnies to support the University in their own backyard, we'd explode. We just witnessed what a small amount of commitment and buy in can accomplish. Think UCF is sending their money to Gainesville or Tallahassee? Look at what they've accomplished over the last decade. That goes for in the class room as well.

It's all so infuriating. But the worst part is, they know we need them. They know we have to have relationships with their damn events to promote athletics. So we can't totally write them off. The only thing to do try to educate them on loyalty and hope the message sticks at some point in the future.
    UCF has lots of $$$$$. Their campus is beautifully maintained and their athletic complex is also maintained on a professional level. If we could get our own athletic complex to look as maintained and up to date as UCF, that would already make a difference in turning heads. Right now our football stadium is an eyesore and so is the entire parking area.

13. Default Re: Win The Event?

Quote Originally Posted by Gris-Gris View Post
    UCF has lots of $$$$$. Their campus is beautifully maintained and their athletic complex is also maintained on a professional level. If we could get our own athletic complex to look as maintained and up to date as UCF, that would already make a difference in turning heads. Right now our football stadium is an eyesore and so is the entire parking area.
    And the have the highest attendance in the country . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And the have the highest attendance in the country . . .
    Enrollment, yes. It is highest in the country. It also helps they’re located in a very affluent city with lots of transplants from other very affluent areas. Lafayette could learn a thing or two from Orlando. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gris-Gris View Post
    Enrollment, yes. It is highest in the country. It also helps they’re located in a very affluent city with lots of transplants from other very affluent areas. Lafayette could learn a thing or two from Orlando. Just sayin.
    Step one, simply build Disney World.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information