Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SBC West - Out of Reach

Default Re: SBC West - Out of Reach

UL is the closest program distance wise to Texas State.

2. Default Re: SBC West - Out of Reach

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    UL is the closest program distance wise to Texas State.
    Dumbest reason ever.

We just got away from the closest program distance wise.

Longest existing rival should top distance by a country mile.

3. Default Re: SBC West - Out of Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Dumbest reason ever.

Longest existing rival should top distance by a country mile.
    Because there has never been established the distance in a country mile, society no longer uses the country mile . . .

4. Default Re: SBC West - Out of Reach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Because there has never been established the distance in a country mile, society no longer uses the country mile . . .
    It is still the Dumbest reason ever.

Longest existing rival should top distance by any measure.

It is still the Dumbest reason ever.

Longest existing rival should top distance by any measure.
    Fully agree, but many of us saw this coming when the SBC realigned. ULM ended up with USM if I remember correctly.

6. Default Re: SBC West - Out of Reach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    worst is as definitive as it gets . . . are you sure it was worst . . .
    Okay, not the worst, but I was in utter disbelief when he called those timeouts. Showed that they were unprepared to run the 2 minute offense. We should have at the very least been going to overtime.

There are 3 schools that we could have a pretty salty rivalry with, and none of them are in our conference. latech, tulane and lsubr.

It really doesn't matter who they paired us with in the SBC.

8. Default Re: SBC West - Out of Reach

Quote Originally Posted by USL View Post
    Okay, not the worst, but I was in utter disbelief when he called those timeouts. Showed that they were unprepared to run the 2 minute offense. We should have at the very least been going to overtime.
    I’m not in agreement with CMD about the time out, but it wasn’t a panic decision if you were to take his word on the issue. He was trying to save time for a possible win in regulation. He actually believed that the defense was going to get the ball back with enough time for a game winning field goal.

9. Default Re: SBC West - Out of Reach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m not in agreement with CMD about the time out, but it wasn’t a panic decision if you were to take his word on the issue. He was trying to save time for a possible win in regulation. He actually believed that the defense was going to get the ball back with enough time for a game winning field goal.
    Then why not go for 2 and be done with it.

If he really believed the FG winner scenario, it would have covered a failed 2-point try.

If he really believed the FG winner scenario, it would have covered a failed 2-point try.
    You better watch out asking intelligent thought filled questions like that son. You need to learn your place boy. Don't you know they hired Des because he knows more about coaching than you will ever know.

11. Default Re: SBC West - Out of Reach

First thing is I’m not questioning his word about his thought.

Let’s Geaux with your comment. We Geaux for 2 and get it. We lead by one. Clearly SA is now into a four down situation. They have to get into field goal range.

If we miss it we’d have to try the on side kick because we absolutely have to score. There’s a huge difference from having to score and having an opportunity to score.

As I said I didn’t agree with the quick time out, but I can see his reasoning, unless he’s not telling us the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    When did winning 6-7 games become the goal? I thought it would be to defend the SBC championship.
    You and I thought the same thing. I did not think we would be so poor across the OL. Burton at center will be a big boost.

But losing McGowen hurt tremendously and our margin for error was razor thin after Napier took Waites. Torrence wasn’t going to stay regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The biggest coaching bad decision wasn’t taking the holding penalty and make it 2nd and 20 with 30 seconds left. Take the penalty and play for OT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information