Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: You got me?

UL Football You got me?

It is going to be a long season gentleman. You got me? Hearing alot of rumblings that Mike is in way over his head and the fan base is dwindling. We should have listened to Jeweler and Lannister when they didn't believe this was the right hire.

Default Re: You got me?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    It is going to be a long season gentleman. You got me? Hearing alot of rumblings that Mike is in way over his head and the fan base is dwindling. We should have listened to Jeweler and Lannister when they didn't believe this was the right hire.
    Long season or long 2-3 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Long season or long 2-3 seasons?
    Probably both.

Yeah. You can tell this team has no confidence. Reminds me of the Ricky bustle teams

Well if we only win 2 games the rest of the way that is devastating to where this program was… cULture where is it? We have had a winning cULture the last 2 years now we have a losing record through 5 games in which we should have won all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jpr9292 View Post
    Yeah. You can tell this team has no confidence. Reminds me of the Ricky bustle teams
    Ricky Bustle would be licking his chops being able to coach a team with this much talent.

We’d be able to run the damn football, that’s for sure.

This football program makes me think about how many lottery winners end up broke years later. We won the lottery with Napier, and now it seems we are on a fast track back to broke.

I’m not giving up on Coach Des and I hope I can come back to this post and pat myself on that back when the good days have returned.

Give it a break and find a new hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I’m not giving up on Coach Des and I hope I can come back to this post and pat myself on that back when the good days have returned.
    It might be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Give it a break and find a new hobby.
    Coach I know he is one of yall and I like Mike. This is business and it stinks. No way to sugar coat this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I'm going with the other side of the coin. As a long-time Cajuns fan, I have an incurable case of CDS. I am probably the worst score or attendance thread prognosticator in the history of the world, so I'm taking a different tack.

With that in mind, I am going on the record predicting that we win an average of 3 games per year for the next 3 years until we give up on the Des experiment. Here's to hoping my prediction record remains as pristine as it is today.

As much as I hate to admit it, the expectations that many of us had going into the season were unreasonable. Think about all the schools that have achieved a few years of greatness then lost a coach. Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, UConn, others. What happened after that? Big drop. Heck, even Boise St is pretty average compared to what they used to be.

Point is, coaches that can do what Napier did the last few years are more rare than we are giving it credit for.

I'll stand with Mike for a few seasons. The current drop is expected. If we don't get back to 7-9 wins per season by year 3, then we might have a discussion about "he's not the guy". But not yet.

Imagine how much better things would be if we could just get rid of you?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    As much as I hate to admit it, the expectations that many of us had going into the season were unreasonable. Think about all the schools that have achieved a few years of greatness then lost a coach. Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, UConn, others. What happened after that? Big drop. Heck, even Boise St is pretty average compared to what they used to be.

Point is, coaches that can do what Napier did the last few years are more rare than we are giving it credit for.

I'll stand with Mike for a few seasons. The current drop is expected. If we don't get back to 7-9 wins per season by year 3, then we might have a discussion about "he's not the guy". But not yet.
    Napier made his mark with hudspeth’s guys..aka the guys mike recruited, give the man a chance.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information