Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: You got me?

Default Re: You got me?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    How can the long snapper be exhausted? I think that's all he does, not the regular center.
    Maybe he has PTSD from the Funroe game? = - )

2. Default Re: You got me?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Maybe he has PTSD from the Funroe game? = - )
    PTSD
    Problems To Snap Da ball.

In the south al game there was one snap that got over Chandlers head that would have hit Ben in the face mask. Could musical quarter backs be contributing to bad snaps in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    I think a better comparison would be Napier and Nunez from 2018.
    Andre Nunez. A QB that nobody wanted, FBS or FCS. Led this school to its first CCG. Might be my favorite Cajun player, ever.

Absolute baller.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    It is going to be a long season gentleman. You got me? Hearing alot of rumblings that Mike is in way over his head and the fan base is dwindling. We should have listened to Jeweler and Lannister when they didn't believe this was the right hire.
    FAns are grumbling due to the current situation and that is understandable. Especially so when you consider we gave the game to ULM. I don't know if he is over his head as I don't know enough about the game to make that assessment. However, I don't believe the players think he is over his head. Talked to a former coach today who assurred me the players are giving it their all on the field. He can also tell from the body language on the sidelines that everyone is still together. I also have it on good authority that the players still believe in their coaches. Now, that does not mean they are playing well. Playing hard and executing at a high level are 2 completely different things. We are doing the first but not the 2nd at this stage. It may be that our talent level is simply not at a high enough level to improve much between now and season's end. If so, recruiting at a high level is needed. Also, they may be able to develop the current guys more in the off season. It will be interesting if anything different occurs in preparing for 2023. That does not mean I personally am looking that far ahead. I will stay with the team for every game through the remainder of 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    In the south al game there was one snap that got over Chandlers head that would have hit Ben in the face mask. Could musical quarter backs be contributing to bad snaps in that case.
    Absolutely, but keep a lid on it. You don't want to wake the kraken

7. Default Re: You got me?

All snaps should be timely . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    FAns are grumbling due to the current situation and that is understandable. Especially so when you consider we gave the game to ULM. I don't know if he is over his head as I don't know enough about the game to make that assessment. However, I don't believe the players think he is over his head. Talked to a former coach today who assured me the players are giving it their all on the field. He can also tell from the body language on the sidelines that everyone is still together. I also have it on good authority that the players still believe in their coaches. Now, that does not mean they are playing well. Playing hard and executing at a high level are 2 completely different things. We are doing the first but not the 2nd at this stage. It may be that our talent level is simply not at a high enough level to improve much between now and season's end. If so, recruiting at a high level is needed. Also, they may be able to develop the current guys more in the off season. It will be interesting if anything different occurs in preparing for 2023. That does not mean I personally am looking that far ahead. I will stay with the team for every game through the remainder of 2022.
    As miserable as the product is on the field, I don't think anyone is going to abandon the team. That doesn't mean they have to suck up to the coach & agree with every decision he makes, especially when so many of them flat out stink. If the players didn't like Mike, they would have already started to give up on the season. But that doesn't mean he is necessarily doing what is best for the team.

I was disappointed between the 3rd & 4th Qtrs, when I only saw a few assistant coaches holding up the 4th quarter signal. The whole team used to do it in unison. Maybe that's another taboo tradition that was part of the old culture that is now to old school for use now. So I was shocked to the offense finally come alive the other night with about 7 minutes to go in the game. Personally, I credit Woolridge for it. I think he has more fire in his belly to compete the way the best QBs in this league have always competed. Whatever it was, someone got this offense kick started after getting kicked in the gut last week. And that recipe needs repeating. I also noticed the O. line looked much better & more together after Landon Burton came in the game. That is the best they have run blocked consistently all season.

I don't like Mike's scheme, especially without a true dual threat QB. And this team doesn't have that. I especially don't like that he is allergic to attacking the middle of the field which is exactly what USA did to us at the end of the game to get in field goal range & we refused to do to them at the end of the first half which cost us a field goal. And I'm not sure, but has anyone ever discussed with Mike the possibility of running a crossing route once in a while. USA virtually left the middle of the field unprotected at times because they never felt threatened between the hash marks. If I can see this, a top notch snappy young coach should definitely see it & have plays designed & practiced up to take advantage of these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    PTSD
    Problems To Snap Da ball.
    Lol! Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    As miserable as the product is on the field, I don't think anyone is going to abandon the team. That doesn't mean they have to suck up to the coach & agree with every decision he makes, especially when so many of them flat out stink. If the players didn't like Mike, they would have already started to give up on the season. But that doesn't mean he is necessarily doing what is best for the team.

I was disappointed between the 3rd & 4th Qtrs, when I only saw a few assistant coaches holding up the 4th quarter signal. The whole team used to do it in unison. Maybe that's another taboo tradition that was part of the old culture that is now to old school for use now. So I was shocked to the offense finally come alive the other night with about 7 minutes to go in the game. Personally, I credit Woolridge for it. I think he has more fire in his belly to compete the way the best QBs in this league have always competed. Whatever it was, someone got this offense kick started after getting kicked in the gut last week. And that recipe needs repeating. I also noticed the O. line looked much better & more together after Landon Burton came in the game. That is the best they have run blocked consistently all season.

I don't like Mike's scheme, especially without a true dual threat QB. And this team doesn't have that. I especially don't like that he is allergic to attacking the middle of the field which is exactly what USA did to us at the end of the game to get in field goal range & we refused to do to them at the end of the first half which cost us a field goal. And I'm not sure, but has anyone ever discussed with Mike the possibility of running a crossing route once in a while. USA virtually left the middle of the field unprotected at times because they never felt threatened between the hash marks. If I can see this, a top notch snappy young coach should definitely see it & have plays designed & practiced up to take advantage of these situations.
    We threw a pick right before the half going over the middle. Looked like it might have been a big play for a second. Coach said in his press conference yesterday that Ben was hit as he threw the ball. The pressure on the QB caused the interception. I don’t know if Ben held the ball too long or if The protection was the issue. Agree that we did not attack the middle after that play. As far as scheme goes, our QB’s have run more the last 2 weeks than in the previous 3. That may have helped the 4th quarter drives. Ben looks to be a better runner than Chandler from what I have seen to date. Will be interesting to see if they can utilize more options in remaining games.

11. Default Re: You got me?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We threw a pick right before the half going over the middle. Looked like it might have been a big play for a second. Coach said in his press conference yesterday that Ben was hit as he threw the ball. The pressure on the QB caused the interception. I don’t know if Ben held the ball too long or if The protection was the issue. Agree that we did not attack the middle after that play. As far as scheme goes, our QB’s have run more the last 2 weeks than in the previous 3. That may have helped the 4th quarter drives. Ben looks to be a better runner than Chandler from what I have seen to date. Will be interesting to see if they can utilize more options in remaining games.
    They fumbled it right back so it is forgotten, but did he mention the first pass of the game? What caused it?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They fumbled it right back so it is forgotten, but did he mention the first pass of the game? What caused it?
    Trahan actually got an interception right after the interception we threw over the middle. We then missed a FG right before the half. Our first pass of the game was intercepted and then fumbled back to us. Coach did not talk about that early pick in his press conference from what I can recall. I don't know if Chandler's injury affected his throw on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Andre Nunez. A QB that nobody wanted, FBS or FCS. Led this school to its first CCG. Might be my favorite Cajun player, ever.

Absolute baller.
    Yep, many forget that season and think it was Levi the entire time with Napier, but that’s where all of our recent success started. Props to Nunez for getting us to that Championship game at App State.

Dez has to go

Normally when you switch coaches and the team underperformed, you say "well you have to let him get HIS players in here"

There is no world where Dez can out-recruit Napier especially after completely ____ting the bed on this season

If the university is serious about football, it's time to admit they screwed up and go find an actual head coach

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Dez has to go

Normally when you switch coaches and the team underperformed, you say "well you have to let him get HIS players in here"

There is no world where Dez can out-recruit Napier especially after completely ____ting the bed on this season

If the university is serious about football, it's time to admit they screwed up and go find an actual head coach
    You about to get roasted. LOL

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information