Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: You got me?

Default Re: You got me?

Q

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I need to pay attention more. I will be focusing next game to make sure I catch it when our coach snaps or kicks the ball. I didn’t think our coach had eligibility left?
    Bad snaps are a product of bad coaching.

2. Default Re: You got me?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Q
    Exhaustion can lead to bad snaps.

Then again, coaches should be on top of that. In those cases a fresh third stringer might be a better option over an exhausted first stringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Q
    So was Napier a bad coach a few years against App State or a lucky coach? He chose to not bring a second deep snapper and we almost paid for it, dearly.

Just some side thoughts.

Levi Lewis (who I think is neck-and-neck with Brian Mitchell the greatest quarterback ever to wear the Vermilion and White) was a Covid senior last year. His eligibility was up in 2020.

Would we (Napier) have won 13 games with any of the current quarterbacks at the helm?

Ken Marks, Tayland Humphrey, Ferrod Gardner, and Chauncey Manac (I think) were all Covid seniors. Four additional starters who played significant roles. If they weren't here, how much would it have hurt?

Much has been made of Des' small signing class; does this have anything to do with us getting back down to pre-Covid numbers? Definitely gonna hurt our depth (asking T for his input).

On a sidenote, I am a Chandler guy, but I think if we had played Ben the entire game, we would have won. I think we would have won with Chandler. So obviously not a two-QB fan.

Likewise, I think some players need to sit. And since we've called others out, I'll do the same.

Hudson needs to be buried on the chart. Not only is he high-school sized, I just don't think he gets it. I think Leblanc needs to sit.

I think Dre'lyn needs to play (which I might get with Smith's pulled muscle). I think Caleb needs to see the field more. I'd go all Taysom Hill'/Cordarelle Patterson with Legendre.

Not ready to set Mike adrift. If you think hiring him was "USLing" it, firing him is knee-jerk and would send a bad message across the profession.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    It is going to be a long season gentleman. You got me? Hearing alot of rumblings that Mike is in way over his head and the fan base is dwindling. We should have listened to Jeweler and Lannister when they didn't believe this was the right hire.
    I think most long term Cajun fans were suspicious of this hire. It just never seems to work hiring someone from within like this. I'll give CMD this year to rebuild and regroup but I fear we are right back to pre Hud days. This should have been a premium spot for an up and coming coach. Let's all hope that CMD is the man. He just needs some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Then again, coaches should be on top of that. In those cases a fresh third stringer might be a better option over an exhausted first stringer.
    Actually our 2nd stringer is better than our first stringer when healthy. He didn't come in until the 1st stringer went down. I am assuming it is still a health issue. Could be a making the right calls thing. Definitely not a blocking ability thing and physical ability thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I think most long term Cajun fans were suspicious of this hire. It just never seems to work hiring someone from within like this. I'll give CMD this year to rebuild and regroup but I fear we are right back to pre Hud days. This should have been a premium spot for an up and coming coach. Let's all hope that CMD is the man. He just needs some time.
    Curious to see if with the down turn he starts to lose kids that are currently committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    So was Napier a bad coach a few years against App State or a lucky coach? He chose to not bring a second deep snapper and we almost paid for it, dearly.

Just some side thoughts.

Levi Lewis (who I think is neck-and-neck with Brian Mitchell the greatest quarterback ever to wear the Vermilion and White) was a Covid senior last year. His eligibility was up in 2020.

Would we (Napier) have won 13 games with any of the current quarterbacks at the helm?

Ken Marks, Tayland Humphrey, Ferrod Gardner, and Chauncey Manac (I think) were all Covid seniors. Four additional starters who played significant roles. If they weren't here, how much would it have hurt?

Much has been made of Des' small signing class; does this have anything to do with us getting back down to pre-Covid numbers? Definitely gonna hurt our depth (asking T for his input).

On a sidenote, I am a Chandler guy, but I think if we had played Ben the entire game, we would have won. I think we would have won with Chandler. So obviously not a two-QB fan.

Likewise, I think some players need to sit. And since we've called others out, I'll do the same.

Hudson needs to be buried on the chart. Not only is he high-school sized, I just don't think he gets it. I think Leblanc needs to sit.

I think Dre'lyn needs to play (which I might get with Smith's pulled muscle). I think Caleb needs to see the field more. I'd go all Taysom Hill'/Cordarelle Patterson with Legendre.

Not ready to set Mike adrift. If you think hiring him was "USLing" it, firing him is knee-jerk and would send a bad message across the profession.
    Great points Monk!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Curious to see if with the down turn he starts to lose kids that are currently committed.
    That's another thing that tells me to give CMD a chance. He starts his first head coaching job just when the NCAA legalizes cheating. It has to be hard for even a seasoned head coach. We looked better against USA. Right now that's all I expect from this team. Improve with each game.

9. Default Re: You got me?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    That's another thing that tells me to give CMD a chance. He starts his first head coaching job just when the NCAA legalizes cheating. It has to be hard for even a seasoned head coach. We looked better against USA. Right now that's all I expect from this team. Improve with each game.
    The only thing we did better against South Al was let our defense return to their attacking style of play. And we did have some semblance of a running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

How can the long snapper be exhausted? I think that's all he does, not the regular center.

11. Default Re: You got me?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    How can the long snapper be exhausted? I think that's all he does, not the regular center.
    Good point.

Well with the balls sailing OVER the QB and Punters head he might be too fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The only thing we did better against South Al was let our defense return to their attacking style of play. And we did have some semblance of a running game.
    Many if not most around here thought we would get blown out for homecoming. Safe to say we are not as bad as we are being portrayed just as we were not as good as portrayed last year. We could have easily had a 9-10 win season vs 13-1 in 2021. We have to admit that we got all the breaks last year and won every close game.

Not to say we haven’t looked subpar so far this season (especially on offense) and have made way too many mistakes but the difference between winning and losing is not much. With all of our losses in the offseason this is not surprising at all.

Not defending the coaching especially offensively, I just think we sometimes fail to see the big picture and everything is not necessarily doom and gloom.

I remember very well how many didn’t think Napier was the answer back in 2018. I think losing to Rice and ULM was a tough pill to swallow as it should be and then the disappointment of not continuing our success really has been a let down after being sold a continuation of the “culture”. However is it really surprising after everything that went down after CMD was hired and our cupboards were essentially raided that we are struggling.

The reason we are seeing so many players getting subbed in is because we are still trying to figure out what we have and I would assume the coaches thought we could get away with certain things with our easy opening schedule and were preparing for the future. Unfortunately patience will be needed and trust that we are setting the foundation for success similar to what Napier did in his .500 initial season.

I don’t think most of us were ready for this type of rebuild and that is playing into everyone’s negativity.

We made improvements against South Alabama and we need to continue to see improvements every week.

People. You've got the question wrong. The question is not if Napier or Levi were better than Desmo or Fields. The question is if Napier and Levi were here TODAY with this OL and these RB's, and these assistant coaches, what would they do?

The answer is not much better than Desmo and Fields.

to this point my biggest gripe about coach is the terrible clock management at end of first half and end of game. you cant explain away those bad decisions. this is a guy that has been coaching for a very long time. no way he didnt know what to do in this situation. any kid with a playstation and a madden game knows how to handle that situation. the other thing is i dont see kids getting consequences for making dumbass decisions on the football field. who is the bad guy on the sideline. i see a lot of really nice guys. no bad guys

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    People. You've got the question wrong. The question is not if Napier or Levi were better than Desmo or Fields. The question is if Napier and Levi were here TODAY with this OL and these RB's, and these assistant coaches, what would they do?

The answer is not much better than Desmo and Fields.
    I think a better comparison would be Napier and Nunez from 2018.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information