Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: You got me?

Default Re: You got me?

Opening up is probably not the answer. We don’t have the players to play vertically. If we do want to “open it up” we should probably play Chandler since he can push the ball better. This will result in more turnovers but I don’t know what else they can do since the cannot control the LOS.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    To Bandwagon King:

Special teams suck other than punt returner. They have arguably cost us two games.
    I thought I was pretty clear about all the offensive problems. Im ok with criticism of the scheme. We have no identity. I just see a bunch of players who have no business playing meaningful snaps at this level. We have 18 OL on the roster, but only 3 are playing at a serviceable level. The QB yesterday was awful. He averaged 3 yards per pass and missed open receivers to do safe check downs or scrambles.
    The are not executing simple plays.
    Defense is executing so it leads me to believe it is the players and not the coaches.
    I literally saw Ohonba not physically touch one person on a run play last night. That's either pretty impressive as its hard to do or really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    If hiring a TE coach that has never coordinated an offense or defense was a recipe for winning college football more people would do it. That just doesn’t work.
    He was a TE, RB, WR coach and CO-OC before taking this gig.

W

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He was a TE, RB, WR coach and CO-OC before taking this gig.
    Billy napier coordinated the offense. Mike has never called a play in college football until this year.

W
    Billy napier coordinated the offense. Mike has never called a play in college football until this year.
    He called the bowl game and has called plenty of spring games.

6. Default Re: You got me?

Mike recruited one of the highest regarded QBs ever to this school last year. Red shirting him is a good move.
    I'm trying to insert another time and place (OK same place) and imagine what it would have been like if Stokley after going through every other available QB had decided to hold on to Jake Delhomme till the next season.

The biggest single season turnaround in NCAA history (up to that point) would have probably been postponed a year.

Problem these days is next year is usually some place else.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm trying to insert another time and place (OK same place) and imagine what it would have been like if Stokley after going through every other available QB had decided to hold on to Jake Delhomme till the next season.

The biggest single season turnaround in NCAA history (up to that point) would have probably been postponed a year.

Correct you never know what your roster will look like from season to season.

8. Default Re: You got me?

Use them all. Survival of the fittest.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He called the bowl game and has called plenty of spring games.
    I should have said prior to this job. Forgot about bowl. Spring is practice, you talking about calling plays in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Jake gave us the best chance to win. I don’t think this freshman is as football smart as Jake was at that age from what I hear. He has it physically not there yet mentally. Jake was mature and football smart beyond his years.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I literally saw Ohonba not physically touch one person on a run play last night. That's either pretty impressive as its hard to do or really bad...
    Haha. At least he will not be called for holding.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Haha. At least he will not be called for holding.
    3rd string transfer who just didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    As much as I hate to admit it, the expectations that many of us had going into the season were unreasonable. Think about all the schools that have achieved a few years of greatness then lost a coach. Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, UConn, others. What happened after that? Big drop. Heck, even Boise St is pretty average compared to what they used to be.

Point is, coaches that can do what Napier did the last few years are more rare than we are giving it credit for.

I'll stand with Mike for a few seasons. The current drop is expected. If we don't get back to 7-9 wins per season by year 3, then we might have a discussion about "he's not the guy". But not yet.
    How long does his contract run? We can discuss it when the last year comes up. Until then, enjoy the new "culture". This message brought you by the powers that be in Martin Hall, the base of all UL of LAFAYETTE operations & Cajun Vic AKA Farmer Fran AKA ghost of Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I need to pay attention more. I will be focusing next game to make sure I catch it when our coach snaps or kicks the ball. I didn’t think our coach had eligibility left?
    My point exactly

I like Mike. I just don’t like him as head coach. That was a USL move.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information