Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

Default Re: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I love Des, but our last drive last night was terrible from a game management perspective. I just went back to watch.

First and 10 from the 20 with 1:22 left, Wooldridge pass to Fleming for 8 yard gain. And then there is a big hoopla on the sideline. It looked like Matt Bergeron came on the field looking for a timeout at 1:11. The sideline looked panicked. Technically speaking only a head coach or a legal player/substitute can call a TO. I dont know if Bergeron was supposed to call one there.

Fast forward to first and goal on the three. Williams rushed for 2 to the 1 yard line and we call a timeout. We have 2nd and goal from the 1. In theory we have three opportunities to score from the 1 yard line with 51 seconds. Without us taking the TO, it would most likely have taken 10-15 seconds to set here, there wasnt a pile of bodies. So you drop down to 36-41 seconds left at snap. Then 5-10 seconds for a play, brings down to 26-36 seconds left at the end of a third down play. You still have two TOs. South Al has three TOs.

We come out of the 2nd timeout with 2nd and g from the 1 and WE GET UNDER CENTER! Surely we will run it in. Nah, we PASS THE BALL. Wooldridge throws it away and 0:47 seconds remain, clock stopped. What is our third down play? A frecking pass! And a difficult reception at that.

I knew with 0:41 seconds left and USA with three TOs we were losing the game in regulation. No doubt in my mind. USA had a competent kicker.

Overall, we played checkers last night, but game management is a game of chess.
    So my question is why was the clock stopped with 1:11 left & no one got charged with a time out on 3rd & two after the completion? Or did they charge UL with a time out & not take it off the score board? Is that why we didn't burn a time out to burn the kicker?

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    All boils down to a staff who by now, evidenced based , is clueless BN new what he was doing by dismantling our program to pillage our recruiting base and such.
    Yes, let’s blame Napier. Great mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    ULM students were allow in the 50 yard line this year.
    That was because their “security” didn’t know what they were doing. Their administration has been notified of the issues and is working to correct them.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Can we talk wide receivers for a bit? This position group has a lot of depth, yet consistently under performs. When you're struggling to run the football, you need your receivers to step up and frankly I don't see it.
    No wide receiver had over 23 yards in receptions. Our receivers rarely seem to be open or the QB cannot find an open receiver. We have 2 6'5" receivers who both dropped passes. Stephens had only 1 pass thrown to him and he dropped it. Jefferson had 8 receptions for only 21 yards and a
    Dropped pass. LeBlanc had 3 receptions for 23 yards. Our passing game is pathetic. Our receivers coach and OC, Dez, don't seem to be on the same page. This needs to be addressed.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Conference won’t allow it anymore.
    What are they gonna do? Write the conference a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I love Des, but our last drive last night was terrible from a game management perspective. I just went back to watch.

First and 10 from the 20 with 1:22 left, Wooldridge pass to Fleming for 8 yard gain. And then there is a big hoopla on the sideline. It looked like Matt Bergeron came on the field looking for a timeout at 1:11. The sideline looked panicked. Technically speaking only a head coach or a legal player/substitute can call a TO. I dont know if Bergeron was supposed to call one there.

Fast forward to first and goal on the three. Williams rushed for 2 to the 1 yard line and we call a timeout. We have 2nd and goal from the 1. In theory we have three opportunities to score from the 1 yard line with 51 seconds. Without us taking the TO, it would most likely have taken 10-15 seconds to set here, there wasnt a pile of bodies. So you drop down to 36-41 seconds left at snap. Then 5-10 seconds for a play, brings down to 26-36 seconds left at the end of a third down play. You still have two TOs. South Al has three TOs.

We come out of the 2nd timeout with 2nd and g from the 1 and WE GET UNDER CENTER! Surely we will run it in. Nah, we PASS THE BALL. Wooldridge throws it away and 0:47 seconds remain, clock stopped. What is our third down play? A frecking pass! And a difficult reception at that.

I knew with 0:41 seconds left and USA with three TOs we were losing the game in regulation. No doubt in my mind. USA had a competent kicker.

Overall, we played checkers last night, but game management is a game of chess.
    LaB.pretty sure we called that time out with 0.51 seconds was because Ben jambed his finger on the previous play, not because he wanted to. Right when that timeout was called Ben ran over to the sideline holding his hand against his chest. I think the med staff was trying to shield him to keep South Al from noticing. I am sure more will come out on that this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    LaB.pretty sure we called that time out with 0.51 seconds was because Ben jambed his finger on the previous play, not because we wanted to. Right when that timeout was called Ben ran over to the sideline holding his hand against his chest. I think the med staff was trying to shield him to keep South Al from noticing. I am sure more will come out on that this week.
    Is that why Coach Des said he doesn't regret calling the time out?

True, a finger on his throwing hand was dislocated.

9. Default Re: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

After two days of ripping our coach, we find out it was not what it was. But we got that whole sale ripping in there.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    True, a finger on his throwing hand was dislocated.
    10 days to get Criss ready.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Is that why Coach Des said he doesn't regret calling the time out?
    Yep.had no choice

LaB.pretty sure we called that time out with 0.51 seconds was because Ben jambed his finger on the previous play, not because we wanted to. Right when that timeout was called Ben ran over to the sideline holding his hand against his chest. I think the med staff was trying to shield him to keep South Al from noticing. I am sure more will come out on that this week.
    Comprende on the TO. But why not let time run off the clock first. You have the ball in a cherry spot with three time outs left.

Probably some slight panic and needed to regroup. Your QB has a finger that is pointing in the wrong direction and you are trying to get the ball in the endzone. Not defending.just thinking what was going on at that time

14. Default Re: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    After two days of ripping our coach, we find out it was not what it was. But we got that whole sale ripping in there.
    The two days of silence are on the coach.

Keeping things so close to the vest will only lead to speculation.

To think otherwise shows a lack of maturity.

LaB.pretty sure we called that time out with 0.51 seconds was because Ben jambed his finger on the previous play, not because he wanted to. Right when that timeout was called Ben ran over to the sideline holding his hand against his chest. I think the med staff was trying to shield him to keep South Al from noticing. I am sure more will come out on that this week.
    That was a handoff and Ben looked fine.

There was a okay in which he jammed his finger, just don’t think it’s the one 1st and goal play ending at 0:51. Just went back and watched and don’t see it. Ben is actually signaling TD because he thinks TW is getting in.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information