Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . LastLast

Thread: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

Default Re: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Luckily Tech still sucks and is in CUSA. Apparently we failed to recruit well the last 3-4 years.
    Tech just landed a DT commitment that had us in his top 3, along with Tech and ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Luckily Tech still sucks and is in CUSA. Apparently we failed to recruit well the last 3-4 years.
    Well, I don't think recruiting is our current failure. Development of talent, failed leadership coupled with a ex coach who gtfo after a good season brings us to where we at. T JOE BECOME THE FOSSIL!!!

3. Default Re: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

We have a mildly successful high school coach leading our program

Recruiting has been fine. Leaving the middle of the field wide open has nothing to do with recruiting. These boys need to be out in positions to succeed. So far this year the coaches have failed them.

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    In depth analysis. When Brian speaks with all his statistical knowledge , you can take it to the bank.
    I’m going to go to the bank tomorrow with all this knowledge and see what they will give me. Any suggestions on which bank might be the better one to try?

6. Default Re: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

Quote Originally Posted by BigSaucey View Post
    We have a mildly successful high school coach leading our program
    I think our coach is a college coach. He is listed as the coach at Louisiana. Last I looked, that was college.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I think our coach is a college coach. He is listed as the coach at Louisiana. Last I looked, that was college.
    Maybe a USL coach. But, we are not USL any longer, let's start acting like it and expecting non-USL decisions.

8. Default Re: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Maybe a USL coach. But, we are not USL any longer, let's start acting like it and expecting non-USL decisions.
    I haven’t seen USL anywhere in a formal setting of recent. Now I see many here using it so much it might become part of the branding again. Be careful what you ask for and how you hold yourself out in times of disappointment . . . it could be everlasting . . .

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by USL View Post
    So you think Levi would have been the difference in all these games?
    Dumbest take in a thread full of dumb takes

I love Des, but our last drive last night was terrible from a game management perspective. I just went back to watch.

First and 10 from the 20 with 1:22 left, Wooldridge pass to Fleming for 8 yard gain. And then there is a big hoopla on the sideline. It looked like Matt Bergeron came on the field looking for a timeout at 1:11. The sideline looked panicked. Technically speaking only a head coach or a legal player/substitute can call a TO. I dont know if Bergeron was supposed to call one there.

Fast forward to first and goal on the three. Williams rushed for 2 to the 1 yard line and we call a timeout. We have 2nd and goal from the 1. In theory we have three opportunities to score from the 1 yard line with 51 seconds. Without us taking the TO, it would most likely have taken 10-15 seconds to set here, there wasnt a pile of bodies. So you drop down to 36-41 seconds left at snap. Then 5-10 seconds for a play, brings down to 26-36 seconds left at the end of a third down play. You still have two TOs. South Al has three TOs.

We come out of the 2nd timeout with 2nd and g from the 1 and WE GET UNDER CENTER! Surely we will run it in. Nah, we PASS THE BALL. Wooldridge throws it away and 0:47 seconds remain, clock stopped. What is our third down play? A frecking pass! And a difficult reception at that.

I knew with 0:41 seconds left and USA with three TOs we were losing the game in regulation. No doubt in my mind. USA had a competent kicker.

Overall, we played checkers last night, but game management is a game of chess.

11. Default Re: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I know his official title; I was referring to his actual skill level of coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I love Des, but our last drive last night was terrible from a game management perspective. I just went back to watch.

First and 10 from the 20 with 1:22 left, Wooldridge pass to Fleming for 8 yard gain. And then there is a big hoopla on the sideline. It looked like Matt Bergeron came on the field looking for a timeout at 1:11. The sideline looked panicked. Technically speaking only a head coach or a legal player/substitute can call a TO. I dont know if Bergeron was supposed to call one there.

Fast forward to first and goal on the three. Williams rushed for 2 to the 1 yard line and we call a timeout. We have 2nd and goal from the 1. In theory we have three opportunities to score from the 1 yard line with 51 seconds. Without us taking the TO, it would most likely have taken 10-15 seconds to set here, there wasnt a pile of bodies. So you drop down to 36-41 seconds left at snap. Then 5-10 seconds for a play, brings down to 26-36 seconds left at the end of a third down play. You still have two TOs. South Al has three TOs.

We come out of the 2nd timeout with 2nd and g from the 1 and WE GET UNDER CENTER! Surely we will run it in. Nah, we PASS THE BALL. Wooldridge throws it away and 0:47 seconds remain, clock stopped. What is our third down play? A frecking pass! And a difficult reception at that.

I knew with 0:41 seconds left and USA with three TOs we were losing the game in regulation. No doubt in my mind. USA had a competent kicker.

Overall, we played checkers last night, but game management is a game of chess.
    Don't forget ending the first half with timeouts in our pocket while letting the clock run out on us

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Another thing not mentioned: the passing play that set up the USA winning field goal, our secondary must have been playing 20 yards deep. No idea why we were in prevent defense when all they needed was about 10 yards.
    Totally agree . I was very vocal and displeased with the defensive alignment when I saw it on that play. You need to know what the other team is thinking on that play and defend accordingly.

Brian

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    CMD was asked about that decision and said he had no regrets for making it—said even though analytics SAID to take the penalty, his gut told him not to—he was banking on us running the punt back to great field position for the game winning FG…
    Yet, you still have that opportunity to run the punt back after taking the penalty. Again, you are only talking about a handful of seconds with the extra play. Meanwhile, putting them back on their own 15 changes everything from the perspective of how aggressive the offense is in that situation.

Brian

We lost and it sucks…. We need to work towards getting back in the race for bowl eligibility…this year is officially a medicine season… sit back relax and just pull for your team… no coach will get fired their first year just for losing… just hold on for the ride and hope we get to see what Zeon has.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . LastLast

Thread Information