Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

1. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Most here did not give us even a chance today and now a meltdown when we don’t finish.

Most of you got much better than you predicted. Let’s ride that into the next game . . .
    I picked Louisiana to win, but I couldn't come up with a score.

I'm blaming it on the 4pm kickoff, the QB in the weight room and no students allowed on the 50.

The team started playing after 6pm. Louisiana Saturday Night or bust.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

A Coulda, woulda shoulda game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That is there jobs. If anyone with any broadcast organization says anything negative, Martin Hall is calling for their heads. Only happens if the contractor knows the ax is falling.

But looks like Mary Kay needs to send a box truck of lipstick to USL…

Went thru the all the coaches resume’. Worth the read.
    Zoom—Understand and didn’t expect anything different—It’s just hard to be going through both the post Napier era AND the post Brees/Payton era at the same time…… sigh

All boils down to a staff who by now, evidenced based , is clueless BN new what he was doing by dismantling our program to pillage our recruiting base and such.

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

What did that guy say?

We got what we paid for.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    We got what we paid fir
    Three quarters of a million ain’t exactly pocket change . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Three quarters of a million ain’t exactly pocket change . . .
    Yes, exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Absolutely. Levi was a proven winner. Every time someone suggested benching Levi for Fields last year, I just had to chuckle. Absurd.

It is too bad that the coaching staff made huge blunders down the stretch and did not afford Ben the opportunity to win the game in OT. That could have been a big momentum swing.

I can handle getting beat on the field. But when your coaching staff makes absurd mental blunders as it did in the closing minute tonight, it is simply difficult to accept. Especially when the team/offense is struggling but found a way to get back into the game late.

Brian
    Brian knows more than just baseball and softball.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    All boils down to a staff who by now, evidenced based , is clueless BN new what he was doing by dismantling our program to pillage our recruiting base and such.
    Seems he only offered the good coaches a shot on the Florida staff. Lack of outside connections renders a clueless staff.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I agree, both of these are very questionable. Espete end of the 1H, I think there was 20-25 seconds wasted which is more than one play.

I don’t mind the declining of the holding, because it is 3rd and long with a time out remaining. Assuming you hold the, you get a chance to win the game in regulation.
    Unfortunately, you give up a 20 yard run and then their WR makes an outstanding catch.
    I have always felt that what you do as a coach in that situation depends on not only the situation, but knowing your own team. We have anything but a high octane offense. With a South Alabama 3rd and 10 from their own 25 and 0:30 remaining, you are likely to get the ball back with between 15 and 20 seconds if you hold them. With likely field position inside your own 35 . and our offense . and our FG kicking situation, I do not like those odds. The smart play is to back them up to their own 15 and make the field longer. Time and distance are your friend. And it is only one more play. If South does not advance the ball on 2nd and 20, the Cajuns could have put pressure on them by calling timeout after either 2nd or 3rd down . forcing South to potentially change their play calling. That extra play is only a handful of seconds. Meanwhile, backing them up to their own 15 places considerably more pressure on South Alabama . and the Cajuns may not have been caught off guard on the draw play . but expecting it.

One way it easily could have gone down .

2nd and 20 from their own 15, South Alabama calls a draw play . but the Cajuns are expecting something more conservative given the field position. The play gains 5 and the Cajuns call timeout with 0:25 seconds remaining and the ball at the 20. I like the chance of the Cajuns stopping a 3rd and 15 from the 20 . and they likely get the ball back. Even if South Alabama converts, the extra ten yards (acceptance of penalty) does not allow them to get into field goal position and the game goes to OT.

Now if you have Elway running your offense .

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    We got what we paid for.
    I really believe that decision was made before Napier got here.

Default Re: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

One more loss move into top 5 of longest losing streaks in the country . great hire Maggard

Default Re: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    One more loss move into top 5 of longest losing streaks in the country . great hire Maggard
    More like an internal promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Don’t know why, but I’m not even that mad. You lost the game in the first half. They were better in the second. Room for optimism with 1 qb.

Game management, meh.

But defense is legit and did well against a good team. South made plays when they needed. Credit to them.

Move on and just win 6, I guess.
    Which 6?

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread Information