Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread: G5 Final: Louisiana 17, South Alabama 20

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Gris-Gris View Post
    How do I return the rest of my football tickets for the remaining games?
    I'm not sure you can give them away.

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    That was the decision that lost the game. I was screaming why are you calling TO
    This is exactly what I was screaming at the TV. There is no excuse for this. Complete mismanagement of the clock in a crucial situation. In fact, I was yelling at the officials to wind the clock on the previous play after the first down (they took a long time). What did the Cajuns do? They snapped it immediately, running no additional time off of the clock.

Simply not smart at all . utterly frustrating and disappointing. That cannot happen at the college level.

I was also not happy when Coach declined the holding penalty on 2nd and 10 when South had the football at their own 25. In that situation, you want to make them traverse a longer field. Game situation management 101 and the coaching staff flunked.

Brian

Hard to manage the clock as a HC when you’re trying to call plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Plenty of other experienced coaches have done it.

Experienced, exactly

3.3 yards per pass attempt. You will never win with that average. Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I do want to give props to Zion Hill.

That dude does not quit, does not take a play off, and he’s our best dude on this team. His motor is non-stop.

Thank you, Zion!
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    This is exactly what I was screaming at the TV. There is no excuse for this. Complete mismanagement of the clock in a crucial situation. In fact, I was yelling at the officials to wind the clock on the previous play after the first down (they took a long time). What did the Cajuns do? They snapped it immediately, running no additional time off of the clock.

Simply not smart at all . utterly frustrating and disappointing. That cannot happen at the college level.

I was also not happy when Coach declined the holding penalty on 2nd and 10 when South had the football at their own 25. In that situation, you want to make them traverse a longer field. Game situation management 101 and the coaching staff flunked.

Brian
    ZHG sees the big picture. Wish it became contagious.

Remember how weak our schedule was rated preseason? Now it’s like who will we beat that’s left on the schedule?

Meanwhile…

Under five minutes…
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Well somebody needs to manage that job. We should have scored with around 20 seconds, or so left on the clock. It was poor management as was the end of the half. Instead of working the middle of the field like USA did at the end & using your TOs to get into field goal range which were obviously pretty close. We tried to work the sidelines & didn't get crap. But the good news is we saved all our time outs. We also saved the time out that we didn't use to freeze their college kicker. So there was that also. But what do I know. I've just been following, or participating in the game for 50 plus years.

10. UL Football Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    While I believe Ben played well, and was happy to him lead us to tying the game, I believe we are seeing it’s tough to move on from a leader like Levi Lewis.

We’ve had a contingent of fans who thought Levi was holding us back the last three seasons. Now it’s evident that was not the case.
    Absolutely. Levi was a proven winner. Every time someone suggested benching Levi for Fields last year, I just had to chuckle. Absurd.

It is too bad that the coaching staff made huge blunders down the stretch and did not afford Ben the opportunity to win the game in OT. That could have been a big momentum swing.

I can handle getting beat on the field. But when your coaching staff makes absurd mental blunders as it did in the closing minute tonight, it is simply difficult to accept. Especially when the team/offense is struggling but found a way to get back into the game late.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Absolutely. Levi was a proven winner. Every time someone suggested benching Levi for Fields last year, I just had to chuckle. Absurd.

It is too bad that the coaching staff made huge blunders down the stretch and did not afford Ben the opportunity to win the game in OT. That could have been a big momentum swing.

I can handle getting beat on the field. But when your coaching staff makes absurd mental blunders as it did in the closing minute tonight, it is simply difficult to accept. Especially when the team/offense is struggling but found a way to get back into the game late.

Brian
    Facts

Proud of the way the players fought. This coaching staff? Oh brudder.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Two extremely costly time management blunders.

1. End of first half not taking a TO and getting an extra play in to get a better distance for your FG.

2. Taking the TO with 40-50 seconds left and 2nd or 3rd down. You left time when you had the opportunity to leave no time.

I agree, both of these are very questionable. Espete end of the 1H, I think there was 20-25 seconds wasted which is more than one play.

I don’t mind the declining of the holding, because it is 3rd and long with a time out remaining. Assuming you hold the, you get a chance to win the game in regulation.
    Unfortunately, you give up a 20 yard run and then their WR makes an outstanding catch.

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Had a friend that left a couple tickets on the dash of his truck. His door was locked, so someone decided to break out his window and leave him two more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Shoot I got tickets to USM, TxSt and FSU
    Did you get a call about the FSU tickets. I put in for two several months ago and have not received a call yet.
    No matter The record my wife and I are going. I promised her an outing. My bad .

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread Information