Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

Tickets 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

ESPN Lafayette is now 103.3 The Goat.

Default Re: 103.3 The Goat

Just by way of explanation.

1420/103.3 was running less and less ESPN programming. They are running Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen instead of ESPN stuff. ESPN radio told them they could no longer brand themselves as ESPN Lafayette and threatened to go silent if they didn't change their brand in a hurry.

Nothing has changed except the branding right now.

Interesting the guy who does the new liners is the same guy who does the bumpers for Westwood One's coverage of the NCAA tournament. Big. Deep. Pipes.

3. Default Re: 103.3 The Goat

Never listen their local shows suck!!

Sounds like a win/win to me. I prefer Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen way more than Jim Rome (103.7's national guy). Look forward to tuning into the FM station.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunswin1 View Post
    Never listen their local shows suck!!
    Thanks for contributing to this thread. I"m sure the rest of us will hang on your every word.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Just by way of explanation.

1420/103.3 was running less and less ESPN programming. They are running Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen instead of ESPN stuff. ESPN radio told them they could no longer brand themselves as ESPN Lafayette and threatened to go silent if they didn't change their brand in a hurry.

Nothing has changed except the branding right now.

Interesting the guy who does the new liners is the same guy who does the bumpers for Westwood One's coverage of the NCAA tournament. Big. Deep. Pipes.
    Does any of that mean they may get more local programing like maybe an afternoon show again?

I have 3 female goats...you think I can lease them out as mascots...

8. Default Re: 103.3 The Goat

Is 103.3 an FM station in the Lafayette area? If so what is their power rating?

9. Default Re: 103.3 The Goat

While bold, the GOAT is much better branding for a station Broadcasting Louisiana Athletics to a broad geo area.

Much better than the footprint tourniquet ESPN Lafayette had become.

Thanks for contributing to this thread. I"m sure the rest of us will hang on your every word.
    Jay, this person is likely one who is disappointed that they let you go. Put me in that same boat. That station pushed out the local talent, folks who did a good job of covering Cajuns along with other athletics that local listeners cared about.

I'm one who used to tune in quite a bit, and even call in at times, but now have zero incentive to do so. I've tried, and I tune away very quickly every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Jay, this person is likely one who is disappointed that they let you go. Put me in that same boat. That station pushed out the local talent, folks who did a good job of covering Cajuns along with other athletics that local listeners cared about.

I'm one who used to tune in quite a bit, and even call in at times, but now have zero incentive to do so. I've tried, and I tune away very quickly every time.
    Personally, I think Scott’s show is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Does any of that mean they may get more local programing like maybe an afternoon show again?
    I have been told it is in their plans. But things move very slowly in corporate radio.

And no, I’m not interested. Lol

Personally, I think Scott’s show is very good.
    Scott has a good show. It just doesn't really align with the interests of the posters on this site (obviously Cajuns first).

I personally don't tune in much because any Saints and Pelicans talk I would hear on his show, I consume from national sports media (typically on the web). I would try to tune in live more if there was more Cajun talk (my listening window is pretty short so I could very well be missing it). But I used to look forward to tuning into your afternoon show Jay, because there would always be some highly spirited Cajun talk and it was even contentious (entertaining) at times with callers.

I will say I 100% appreciate Scott's coverage of the Cajuns (live streaming UL press conferences, etc.). That's just my long-winded feedback on why I (and maybe other UL fans) don't tune in as often anymore.

Default Re: 14.20 is 103.3 The Goat

So, I'm assuming everyone knows what GOAT stands for. Does that mean 1420 is now branding itself as the greatest of all time when it comes to sports talk? If that's the case, maybe they should hire Karin Jeane-Pierre as their spokesperson.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information